Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2023 Round 1 - Ferris vs Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Started by Ferris, July 11, 2023, 04:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Ferris

Spoiler alert
@Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse sorry for the delay!
[close]

PlanktonSideburns

touchingcloth

800x600 you risible FUCK. Jeff's leering face shocked my eyelids when I clicked to expand the thing.

Nice entry, once I got over my injury. There's something a bit Discworld about it.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

touchingcloth

Post a white rectangle of the correct dimensions and you'll automatically win my vote instead of Ferris. Not sure if anyone else will judge his infraction as harshly as me, though.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 11, 2023, 05:09:10 PM800x600 you risible FUCK.

It's in the right size you dick'ead! I even manually put it in the image size parameters so gobby wankers like you would keep their hair on.

Cerys

Nice one ... where 'nice' can be defined as 'made me almost happy to see that cunt's face again'.

PlanktonSideburns

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on July 11, 2023, 05:38:53 PMIt's in the right size you dick'ead! I even manually put it in the image size parameters so gobby wankers like you would keep their hair on.

Ferris

its 800x600 in the thread! Some people will never be happy. You'll be down there with Jeff and Captain Tom soon enough.

touchingcloth

Oh, well if that's the rules maybe I'll make my next entry out of a grid of thousands of differently-coloured 880x600 rectangles each of which says FERRIS IS IGNORANT OF RULES and then downsize it in the thread to fit.

What do you think this is? Fucking pointilism? What is pointilism you pal? What is pointilism YOU?

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 11, 2023, 05:56:36 PMOh, well if that's the rules maybe I'll make my next entry out of a grid of thousands of differently-coloured 880x600 rectangles each of which says FERRIS IS IGNORANT OF RULES and then downsize it in the thread to fit.

What do you think this is? Fucking pointilism? What is pointilism you pal? What is pointilism YOU?
hmmmmmm

selectivememory

Nice to have my own pit bull this year to zealously enforce the rules so I don't have to.

Ferris

Is the rule genuinely that the whole image has to be 800x600 (and not just in thread)? I'm happy to just collapse mine down next time because the shit MS Paint aesthetic is half the "charm".

selectivememory

Yeah. I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal as long as they're correctly displayed in the thread, but that is the rule.

PlanktonSideburns

touchingcloth

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 11, 2023, 09:53:03 PMWaaaat

This guy. It's not only his memory that's selective, am I right? I'm talking about his enforcement of the sacred rules.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on July 11, 2023, 08:20:39 PMIs the rule genuinely that the whole image has to be 800x600 (and not just in thread)? I'm happy to just collapse mine down next time because the shit MS Paint aesthetic is half the "charm".

But in all seriousness, I think the _actual_ 800x600 limit is a useful way of maintaining the lo-fi aesthetic as it forces you to work within those dimensions rather than to 'shop unconstrained and rely on knowing that things will be more legible if people click to zoom.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 11, 2023, 10:25:21 PMBut in all seriousness, I think the _actual_ 800x600 limit is a useful way of maintaining the lo-fi aesthetic as it forces you to work within those dimensions rather than to 'shop unconstrained and rely on knowing that things will be more legible if people click to zoom.

Yeah fair point, that wasn't my intention but you're right that it could get a bit dicey. I'm not gonna bother reuploading mine but will stick with the rule for next time.

My amateurish unfocused dog eggs aren't going to trouble later rounds anyway so it's somewhat moot.

Cerys

Ferris

Will get something posted tomorrow, in meetings all day today unfortunately.

Ferris

*thwack*

Spoiler alert
@Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse
[close]

Vodkafone

BlodwynPig

Ferris

PlanktonSideburns