Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:54:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Death List 2019

Started by solidified gruel merchant, January 01, 2019, 06:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: SteveDave on December 18, 2019, 01:29:41 PM
Brucey
Lynchy

Tarby
Tom O'Connory
Ah, man. Just clicked that Lynchy had died. Sha La La La Dead.

Blue Jam

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 25, 2019, 02:37:41 PM
Alright, who had the writer of the Friends theme tune?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50910494

Oh that's not fair, BBC, that's like calling every deceased distinguished actor "Harry Potter actor _____":

QuoteAllee Willis also co-wrote the Earth, Wind & Fire hits September and Boogie Wonderland... writing music and lyrics for a catalogue of hits that also include the Pointer Sisters' Neutron Dance and the Pet Shop Boys with Dusty Springfield's What Have I Done to Deserve This?

Respect. RIP.

The Culture Bunker

I won't be there for you,
When your heart starts to go
I won't be there for you
This is the end, you must know
I won't be there for you
'cause you wrote this shite tune.

Alberon

2019 takes a last swipe at the living.

Syd Mead dies at 86.

QuoteSyd Mead, the self-proclaimed "visual futurist" and conceptual artist who shaped the look of Blade Runner, Aliens and Tron, among other projects, has died. He was 86.

Mead died Monday morning at his home in Pasadena after a three-year battle with lymphoma, his spouse, Roger Servick, told The Hollywood Reporter.

Mead went on to design cars at the Ford Motor Co.'s "Advanced Styling Studio" for two years before he struck out on his own as a freelance illustrator for companies including Atlas Cement, U.S. Steel and Allis Chalmers. Given the success of his venture, he formed Syd Mead Inc. and from the 1970s through the 1980s worked for Philips Electronics and created architectural renderings for companies including Intercontinental Hotels and Don Ghia.

After his work caught the eye of Hollywood studios, Mead went to produce conceptual artwork and other products on films including 1979's Star Trek: The Motion Picture, 1982's Blade Runner, where he first gained the credit "visual futurist" (a name he coined to describe his position), 1982's Tron, 1986's Aliens, 1984's Timecop, 2000's Mission to Mars, 2006's Mission: Impossible III, 2013's Elysium, 2015's Tomorrowland and 2017's Blade Runner 2049.

In the 1980s, Mead worked for Japanese companies including Sony and Honda and designed for two Japanese films, The New Yamato and Crises 2050.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/syd-mead-dead-concept-artist-behind-blade-runner-tron-was-46-1265259

Still time for one last big one.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Kirk Douglas? Betty White? Cunt of Edinburgh? Sylveste McCoy?

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 31, 2019, 02:28:56 PM
Kirk Douglas?

He's over a hundred, so very likely.  Some reckon he might end up being the US's Savile.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 31, 2019, 03:48:18 PM
Some reckon he might end up being the US's Savile.

I've only seen the Natalie Wood allegation. What else is there?

Head Gardener