Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:49:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FPS NIGHTMARES

Started by Lemming, November 17, 2019, 12:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Lemming on October 27, 2023, 01:37:30 AMI wonder if anyone would be interested in a thread looking at 90s games in general, just picking random stuff from any genre that's notably good/bad or looks interesting.

I'm playing a game from 1992 now called Daughter of Serpents and it's bizarre but would make for great post-in-a-thread-then-chat-about-it material.

Of course wede be up for that lemming

Mister Six

Honestly couldn't give a flying fuck about FPSes as a genre but I bloody love the reviews and discussions, so absolutely - sign me up.

pierre boo-lez

Ferris

If they're abandon-ware, we could even circulate links and have a go ourselves. Like a book club for nerds.

AllisonSays

I'd listen to you play the phonebook mate, well up for a 90s games thread!

pierre boo-lez

Quote from: Ferris on October 27, 2023, 07:54:49 PMIf they're abandon-ware, we could even circulate links and have a go ourselves. Like a book club for nerds.

YES. MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Lemming

This is exciting. Feverishly drawing up a list of potential games already, divided into year and colour-coded.

What game would act as a good starting point? I'm thinking Wing Commander since it's from 1990 so acts as an example of how things looked at the very start of the decade, and is also ace.

PlanktonSideburns

Wing commander looks amazing

Mister Six

Ooh, I never played Wing Commander. Although I don't have a big chunky plastic joystick, so it'll probably be wasted on me.