Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Whose Line Is It Anyway 1x03

Started by gazzyk1ns, December 21, 2005, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

I was just uploading this to my space for someone and I thought I might as well post the link here. I'm pretty sure I got it from UKN about a year ago. Here's the info:

This is the 3rd episode of the first UK television Series (1x03) of "Whose Line
Is It Anyway?" first broadcast in 1988. Alongside host Clive Anderson it
features the following guests:

* Stephen Fry
* Peter Cook
* Josie Lawrence
* John Sessions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Channel 4 repeated this programme as a tribute to Peter Cook following his
death in January of 1995. This is a VHS recording of that transmission. This
was the second part of Channel 4's tribute to Peter Cook. The first part being
a re-broadcast of his comedic character performance on on "Clive Anderson Talks
Back".

Here's the URL:

http://www.zen65156.zen.co.uk/wliia1x03/

The split RAR archive is due to a filesize limit of my webspace. Just download them all to one folder and then open the first one, you can then drag and drop the avi to wherever you want and delete the RARs. The official RAR software is here, it's as good as free, it just nags you after 40 days.

I might get told off by my ISP if a trillion people leech it down at once but there's only one way to find out. Please don't post the link on... you know, a really really popular website or whatever.

skibz

Great, cheers for that!

On the record, I have to say I miss WLIIA immensely. The American version just isn't the same...

Daaaaaaan

Thanks. I've got the Clive Anderson episode and could probably upload it if anyones interested.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: "skibz"The American version just isn't the same...

I can't cope with the audience loudly shrieking at the merest hint of anything even remotely saucy.

I really miss the English version...

EDIT - to say thanks!

lardboy

Thanks gazzyk1ns.  I don't think I saw this first time round, so ta!

mcbpete

Wow, fantastic upload man. Cheers for that, looking forward to watching it very soon. Thanks again dude.

Mediocre Rich

Cheers Gaz.  It's a great program isn't it?  I think the hit and miss nature of it is what makes it.

Why do I like John Sessions though?  I'm sure I should find him infuriatingly smug, but I always end up impressed.

Jemble Fred

That's because he's impressive.

The absence of WLIIA is, to my mind, one of the many manyreasons for UK Comedy's current ongoing illness. But I've gone on about that on other assorted WLIIA/Hat Trick threads on here.

AC

Thank you so much! Co-incidently I was failing to download this from //www.wtata.com earlier.

I just can't seem to get enough of the old UK WL lately. I do miss the show greatly. All these damn panel shows today just don't compare. And sadly I hear Mock the Week is coming back.

Morrisfan82

Great download Gaz, cheers man.

(I usually can't d/l media files in work, but because it was in a RAR the firewall let it through) :D

Sadness

My sister was throwing out a box of old VHS tapes recently and seeing as I'm a nosey bugger I asked could I trawl through the endless clips of "Raw Power" (She was a teenage Metal fan.....) and try and find some stuff to keep and put onto DVD.

Fuck me, she had 25 + episodes of WLIIA from the 93-96 seasons.

Over the last few days I've laughed, FUCK ME I've laughed. Obvoius hit and miss moments but Ryan Stiles, Greg Proops and the wonderful Colin Mochrie are improv comedy legends!!!!!

And I'm now going to use Ryan Stiles' "Squeaky - Squeaky" noise effect everytime I open a pretend door.....Brilliant stuff. Jaysus couldn't Channel 4 obliterate "Law of the playground"/"Friday night bollox" et-all and bring Whose line.....back?

Actually no. Wouldn't all those "supposed" comedians out there be found wanting.....?