Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Interviews with comedians you have recorded - post them here

Started by Bean Is A Carrot, July 01, 2006, 12:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Is A Carrot

Here's a couple of interviews I taped off the massively popular Australian radio show of the mid-late 90s Martin/Molloy, hosted by Tony Martin and Mick Molloy:

Alexei Sayle, 1996 (incomplete)

Adrian Edmondson, March 1996

Bean Is A Carrot

Another couple from Martin/Molloy:

Alexei Sayle, 1996 (different interview)

Michael Palin, 1996
Small gap towards the end of this one where I had to turn the tape over.

From Danger Lowbrow, the breakfast programme from Melbourne's Fox FM, another interview with Adrian Edmondson, 1996.

And finally, from Triple J's The Ladies Lounge, hosted by Judith Lucy and Helen Razer, this disasterous 1997 interview with Red Dwarf's Danny John-Jules.

Bean Is A Carrot

ApexJazz

Am I correct in saying that the first Alexei Sayle interview is 2:45minutes, or is my file a glitched upload/download?

Jemble Fred

Woah, there's a lot to get through here, cheers chaps!

I thought you meant interviews we'd carried out ourselves. I might well end up putting my Barry Cryer interview up for download one day, even though I'm an insufferable blabbering toadying cunt throughout (so what's new). Cringeworthy stuff.

Good thread idea, anyhow.

Bean Is A Carrot

Quote from: "ApexJazz"Am I correct in saying that the first Alexei Sayle interview is 2:45minutes, or is my file a glitched upload/download?

It shouldn't be. Has anyone else had this problem? If so I'll look into it.

benthalo

Bean Is A Carrot

I've checked the source tape for the first Alexei Sayle interview and all I managed to tape of it was 2 minutes, 40 something seconds. So it's all present and correct.

Lloyd

Thanks for these interviews - my contribution is:

Vic & Bob on Steve Wright (date unknown - anyone?).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TGB6N650

benthalo

Quote from: "Lloyd"Vic & Bob on Steve Wright (date unknown - anyone?).

The week before 15/03/91 is my guess.

Percy Dovetonsils

Here's Ben Elton on Australian radio - Tony Martin's Get This. From 12 July (yesterday). He's kind of a twat if ask me.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4fbplt

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Cheers.

Quote from: "R. Q. E."He's kind of a twat if ask me.

The bit about Hugh Laurie made me throw things, I must admit. Yes, isn't it fantastic that he's in a big successful American drama series rather than wasting his time doing mere sketch shows. Tony Martin, in contrast, is incredibly excited about the ABOF&L DVD, which is more than any British comedians have been.

Elton's damp praise of The Young Ones always pisses me off too, especially when he's not embarrassed by stuff like Maybe Baby and Dead Famous.

And the smugness of 'No time for cliched Blackadder questions!' Oh fuck off.

Plus, he's sort of right about the internet, but also completely wrong in the most tiresome, he-wouldn't-really-be-interested-in-the-counter-argument way possible.

That aside, he was quite good. Can never hate him.

Bean Is A Carrot

Also, I've just been to Elton's Wikipedia entry and I didn't spot any glaring factual errors. So what's his problem? Some of the opinions, presumably. Such as him putting on a cockney accent, which he denies.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Also, he wouldn't be so evangelical about books being superior to the net if he'd read any Robert Ross.

Purple Tentacle

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Who was the band he was talking about - 'The Grate or something'?

LeboviciAB84

The Grates, who had a hit with Suckerfish? They're Australian. I'll have to listen to find out. It's a good record, by the way.

James Christopher

I didn't record it, but...

Monty Python (minus Cleese) from a long-lost 70's interview on Public Access. You can clearly see that Chapman is off his tit. Some other good comedy stuff on the Google video service n'all.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7136153403063740387&q=monty+python

Father O`Blivion

Quote from: "R. Q. E."Here's Ben Elton on Australian radio - Tony Martin's Get This.

In an Ideal world....

Here's Ben Elton on British radio - Tony Martin's Cop This.

Ben- Is that a Shotgun?
Tony- Get orf moi land
BANG

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten