Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Heads up for Peep Show fans - That Mitchell and Webb Sound - Radio 4 - Tonight

Started by jimbobsyouruncle, February 08, 2005, 11:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frogboyflips

Quote from: "The Duck Man"Grammar, spelling, all you must learn young padawan.

I will improve my spelling and grammer from now on!

The Duck Man

Quote from: "frogboyflips"
Quote from: "The Duck Man"Grammar, spelling, all you must learn young padawan.

I will improve my spelling and grammer from now on!
Excellent my child, you will become a great Verbwhore.

The Mumbler

Turning out to be a largely great series, this.  Some misses - Numberwang was very weak, really - but the Greg Dyke item had proper inbuilt fury, and it only dawned on me a week ago that the snooker commentator sketches always start with "Oh, and that's a *bad* miss!".  I'm late catching up.

RedboX

Quote from: "frogboyflips"There is def an eposide 5! I listened to it on the radio on thu, and its not the same as any of the other eposides taht have been posted!

RedBox where do you get them from to post here? This is the  only place in the world i could find them!

~ANDY~

I use my DAB reciver to record them, and then encode them to MP3... unfortunaly I was away working this week, I did record it, but was not able to upload this weeks episode, so thanks to Beagle for that.   I will do better with next weeks (I hope).

If any of you are interested I'm currently seeding Series 1 over that other place we are not allowed to speak of, you know the one..    and will be seeding Series 2 next week as soon as the last episode airs.

Beagle 2

Thanks for these RedboX, I think I just grabbed your captures of series one, only listened to one programme from series one so far but it was ace. Really enjoyed series two, the first week I was luke warm but some of the best sketches I've heard in a long time since.

Here's redboX's cap of the first show from series one by the way, just thought I'd stick it here.

http://rapidshare.de/files/850892/That_Mitchell_and_Webb_Sound_-_2003-08-28_-_s01e01_-_That_Mitchell_and_Webb_Sound.mp3.html

Beagle 2

Finished listening to series one now, and it was great. Just doing a bit of googling about M&W and I see that they did a series for UK play a few years back called The Mitchell and Webb Situation, does anybody remember if this was any good, or  even have them on tape? Love to track down their comedy lab as well, I did see it but I was plastered and it's some time ago now. I've really warmed to these two, barring doctors and nurses and bruiser (it was shit wasn't it?) they've been excellent in everything they've I've seen them do. I see they were writers of additional material on big train too, be interesting to know which bits. They have a website coming soon apparently, so I guess they intend to carry on working together. Good.

RFT

was that comedy lab the one that included a sketch with webb being some sort of salesman offering someone all manner of pointless services? a bit like:

WEBB: would you be interested in a service where I stand very close to you and go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" in you ear all day?
OTHER PERSON: no
WEBB: would you be interested in a service where...
(repeat for 5 mins.)

I can;t remeber if the other person was mitchell...

The Mumbler

Quote from: "Beagle 2"barring doctors and nurses and bruiser (it was shit wasn't it?)

My God, were they both in Doctors & Nurses?  I'd completely forgotten that.  But yeah, Bruiser was hideous.

RedboX

Quote from: "RFT"was that comedy lab the one that included a sketch with webb being some sort of salesman offering someone all manner of pointless services? a bit like:

WEBB: would you be interested in a service where I stand very close to you and go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" in you ear all day?
OTHER PERSON: no
WEBB: would you be interested in a service where...
(repeat for 5 mins.)

I can;t remeber if the other person was mitchell...

I seem to rember that was actually from The Michell and Web situation, as endlessly repeated on PlayUK  before ondigital fell apartt

Quote from: "The Mumbler"
My God, were they both in Doctors & Nurses?  I'd completely forgotten that.  But yeah, Bruiser was hideous.

What was wrong with Bruiser?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: "1 big arm 1 little arm"What was wrong with Bruiser?
Yeah, I have fond memories of that show. Is it because Matthew Holness and Tim from The Office were in it that people hate Bruiser?

Fishbulb

I saw some low quality encodes of Bruiser a while ago, but I thought it was pretty good. Mitchell and Webb did two inept policeman characters who never get around to doing anything because they can never manage to work out their explanation of what they're going to do for the film crew that's filming them.
One of the funniest things they've done in my opinion.

Beagle 2

It was just David Mitchell in D&N. To be honest I don't remember too much about bruiser other than thinking "well this is bollocks" and turning it over, so maybe it was better than I'm giving it credit for. Was this M&W thing on UKPlay any good then?

edit: went off the point

RedboX

Incase anyone is interested, Im seeding the 6th episode of Series 1 over at the place we cant speak of now.

A full set of Series 2 will be up there on Thursday once the last episode has aired.

m4pp1

btw: mitchell and webb wrote and are starring in the latest episode of twisted tales (bbc3)

jonboy

I believe I've got the full series of The M&W Situation on an old VHS somewhere... I'll have a look later.  I've got no way of encoding them, though... but I could possibly send a copy to someone who can.  I remember enjoying it when it was shown, but then I generally think they're spiffing, top-hole, etc.

Beagle 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/news/2005/04/20/18768.shtml

Link to a Simon Mayo interview with Robert Webb about all things Mitchell and Webb.

More Smoking Room and Peep Show on the way, and they want to do a TV series of TMAWS if anybody will let them.

Any news on that jonboy?

jonboy

oh yeah... I'll have a proper look. Give me about a week, it's a pain in the arse searching old vhs tapes.

benthalo

I've got the full run of Mitchell & Webb Situation on VHS if it saves you hunting, plus that Comedy Lab of theirs from a few years ago. All can be DVD-R in next to no time, but I could never upload anything. Drop me a line if you want.

Bruiser was long before Holness, Freeman, Mitchell or Webb were at all well known. Genuine value judgement, on its own terms, was 'how the hell did this get past a pilot?' I remember a passable Bond-influenced sketch, but that's it.

Is there any chance of the rest of TMAWS being put online? Throughout the second series, I was living with people who enthused about and quoted the show endlessly, but, thanks to working 'til 7:30 every Thursday, I never heard any of it until I downloaded it from links in this thread. I've now fallen in love with it, but have know idea when any of it might be repeated, and can find no hint of a possible release.

RedboX

Quote from: "Manford Thirty-Sixborough"Is there any chance of the rest of TMAWS being put online? Throughout the second series, I was living with people who enthused about and quoted the show endlessly, but, thanks to working 'til 7:30 every Thursday, I never heard any of it until I downloaded it from links in this thread. I've now fallen in love with it, but have know idea when any of it might be repeated, and can find no hint of a possible release.

I could reseed them over at the "other" place if you want?

I'm afraid the "other place" is no good to me, as certain "download methods" are blocked by my ISP, but some knid souls uploaded some episodes to a site which enabled anyone to download, provided they had the right address, and I'd be eternally grateful if other episodes were made similarly available to the hungry masses (i.e. me).

The hungry masses demand nothing, but would be quite obscenely grateful for any of episodes 2-5 of series 1, or episode 6 of series 2.

please angel summoner

the hungry masses

Just got both series of TMAWS on Audio CD through the post. Oooh its beautiful quality... some really hilarious sketches there.