Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2020

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Morrison Lard on November 22, 2020, 08:02:12 PM
Yeah, the practice thing is absolute bollocks.

I just don't think he believed he could beat Judd Trump in this final,
so he's just playing half-arsed and fucking around as some sort of consolation if he loses.

Being a Ronnie fan must be even more frustrating than being a Ding fan. Anyway, nice one Judd, well-deserved.

UK Championship starts today. You know, the one the BBC can never be arsed to show until the second round. BBC coverage starts on Saturday the 28th, until then it's Eurosport.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 23, 2020, 11:25:20 AM
until then it's Eurosport.
Just had a look, and apparently it's only £20 a year for the Eurosport Player app via one of those shitty "hot deal" websites.

Might take a punt on that, it's nigh on impossible to find any streams for the snooker that aren't on bbc/itv.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Morrison Lard on November 23, 2020, 12:32:55 PM
it's nigh on impossible to find any streams for the snooker that aren't on bbc/itv.

There's always Bazzavision Matchroom.live.

I got a few months of Eurosport free this year because of loads of sporting events being cancelled or postponed thanks to the 'vid. Over the summer they put up a load of classic snooker finals too.

I think Eurosport is normally £40 for the year and for that you get almost all the snooker, and unlike the BBC they don't cut off matches early to go to their scheduled programming. Also the commentators know when to shut the fuck up and when they are talking they're just better, Joe Johnson especially. The exception is when they let Stuart Bingham in to mumble over matches, but he's not one of their regular commentators so thankfully that's a rare occurance. The Android app is also a fuck sight better than the buggy BBC Player app.

It looks like the £20 thing is a Black Friday deal, go for it. I could do with more people posting in this thread!

Morrison Lard

Sound, cheers for the review. Just signed up for it.

Does Phil Yates still do Eurosport or has he jumped ship completely to ITV?
(Please say it's the latter)

Blue Jam

Not heard Phil Yates for a while, it's mostly Johnson plus David Hendon and Neil Foulds now.

Morrison Lard

Is the Eurosport Player app a bit shit?
I've had 3 or 4 disconnects since this Selby match started.
(watching on a Fire Stick)

Never had an issue with any other streaming platform, and our internet connection is pretty quick  :S

Blue Jam

Quote from: Morrison Lard on November 23, 2020, 02:46:36 PM
Is the Eurosport Player app a bit shit?
I've had 3 or 4 disconnects since this Selby match started.
(watching on a Fire Stick)

Never had an issue with any other streaming platform, and our internet connection is pretty quick  :S

Never had any problems using with the Xbox app or the Android app, or watching in a browser window. Might be a Firestick issue.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 23, 2020, 02:51:53 PM
browser window
Good call. I've put it on the laptop now to see if it keeps going when the firestick one conks out.

Selby's playing quite quick here, he verges on being actually watchable when he's like this.

Blue Jam

That's another advantage of Eurosport over the BBC: if you're watching on a phone or tablet you can't watch BBC stuff in a browser, you have to install the buggy as fuck BBC Media Player. Now TV has a similar thing where you have to use the Now TV app even if you're on a computer, and their Android app doesn't work on my tablet at all.

What TV do you have? I don't think there's a Eurosport app for LG smart TVs like ours but there may be one for Samsung TVs.

Watching Selby vs Michael White here too. Almost a year ago I was watching The Molesta playing David Gilbert at the Emirates Arena. Nae audience allowed in for the Scottish Open this year though :(

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 23, 2020, 04:02:58 PM
What TV do you have?
Some Philips smart TV. I tend to have all my streaming stuff running off the Fire Stick though,
cos I find it's much quicker to navigate on there than the TV versions.

It needs a virtual kick in the cyber bollocks to restart the stream maybe once an hour, but that's no real hardship.
Just a bit bloody annoying when it happens at a key moment in the match.

The browser version hasn't stopped once, so it looks like it's a Fire Stick issue.

Quite enjoying this Selby / White match. I'm tempted to lump a fiver on White to win, but probaby won't.

Blue Jam

After pulling out of the World Championship because he was worried he might get the 'vid, Anthony Hamilton has now had to pull out of the UK Championship because... he's got the 'vid. D'oh.

Ryan Day also 'vidded-up and having to sit this one out.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteRyan Day also 'vidded-up and having to sit this one out.

I'm getting pretty good odds on Ryan Day being Patient Zero.

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 23, 2020, 06:23:22 PM

Anthony Hamilton has now had to pull out of the UK Championship

Christ! Do you think they'll still go ahead with the tournament?

Morrison Lard

Finchy from The Office just hit a 147  :O

He'd been missing some absolute sitters up until then, was lucky to find himself 3-2 up.
Any better opposition and he'd have been 4-1 down.

Blue Jam

Kylo Ren is two years older than Ashley Hugill.

Menu

Whoa! Shaun Murphy has put on a lot of heft over lockdown. A proper fat bloke now. Not cuddly or jolly any more. Proper fat.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Menu on November 25, 2020, 02:35:32 AM
Whoa! Shaun Murphy has put on a lot of heft over lockdown. A proper fat bloke now. Not cuddly or jolly any more. Proper fat.

Yes, I noticed a few months back, proper chonk and still chonking up now. Not so atom-faced now, more like quark-faced.

Meanwhile lovely Ding has slimmed right down. Maybe he's just been busy with his new Snooker Academy thing in Sheffield. No time to sit around eating Pukka Pies.

Blue Jam

Legend Gary Wilson has grown out his remaining hair in lockdown, to a length of about 1cm, and is looking proper Willie Thorne (RIP). Got a proper power horsehoe going on up there, fair play to him.

Loved his black glittery shoes last night. I always like to see snooker players bringing a little bit of glam to the proceedings.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Stephen Lee transition.
Next step is match fixing revelations and acne.

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 25, 2020, 12:57:27 PM
Legend Gary Wilson has grown out his remaining hair in lockdown, to a length of about 1cm, and is looking proper Willie Thorne (RIP). Got a proper power horsehoe going on up there, fair play to him.

PICTURES PLEASE!!!

Blue Jam

Enjoying Kurt Maplins vs Arron "The Other Giant Killer" Hill but FFS, this ref is sniffing more than Jimmy White circa 1994. Get him tested for the 'vid or get him the fuck out.

imitationleather

This is fantastic news.

Menu

Just put twenty notes on CMONRONNIE. 9/2.  Lost too much money backing Trump to win majors. Have I made a mistake, Blue Jam? How is he mentally?

Blue Jam

Ronjo defeated Leo Fernandez in a whitewash earlier this week, poor Leo barely got out of his seat. He was definitely playing like he could be arsed then. Who knows how long it will last though.

Snooker on the BBC from today, motherfuckers. Get on it.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Morrison Lard on November 23, 2020, 01:12:07 PM
Does Phil Yates still do Eurosport or has he jumped ship completely to ITV?
(Please say it's the latter)

Hahahaha:

https://mobile.twitter.com/neil_treacy/status/1122231894035378181

(jeeeeesus)

Blue Jam

Watching a bit of Robbo now on the BBC. Good to hear he's still walking on to the Nathan For You
theme.

Blue Jam

Dominic Dale takes the first frame against Combing Strategies!

BlodwynPig

Dominic Dale is just David Seaman without the moustache

BlodwynPig

Is this being played in LaserQuest?