Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:07:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Started by thewomb, January 12, 2006, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewomb

Great new sitcom I've just discovered about three guys running an Irish pub in Philadelphia. Pretty much a 20something Curb Your Enthusiasm. The first episode is very strong so will be torrenting some more from mininova (I don't think it's out on DVD, or has been shown over here) and has some excellent twists on familiar Larry David style themes (trying to befriend black people etc), strongly recommended.

hamburger3

I agree.  Its fucking excellent.  A hidden jem.

I must get back to downloading some more episodes.

There are only 7 episodes so far.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/sunny/main.html

Smiley

it starts showing on Bravo (channel 124 on Sky) on Feb 6th...

hamburger3

Oh and episode 2 is great with the whole "Changing your views on abortion" to get laid storyline.

Tokyo Sexwhale

hamburger3

No.  I started watching this last year.

Bogey

Yeah, it's not bad, it's just a shame that all the characters seem rather cuntish to me. The Nazi grandad one was pretty good though.

thewomb

Series 2 of this has started - first 4 episodes up at Mininova. Great stuff so far. I can only describe this show as a mixture of Curb Your Enthusiasm and South Park. Very well acted, natural, but also kinda hyper due to the speed of the storylines. Very button-pushing in terms if the issues it covers, but gets away with it due to the realism of the characters and the clever outcomes of the plots.

Danny DeVito's joined the cast now too, as Dennis and Dee's dad. Looking like an excellent addition, so far.

slim

Quote from: "hamburger3"A hidden jem.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Jemble Fred

Disconcerting start to the day... Sexy, though.

yak

yes, incredible viewing

loving it immensely

Village Branson

Also yes thankyou for mentioning this, for I am now a fan.

:)

butnut

Is this a 'you must watch watch from the beginning' thing or can you just dip in anywhere?

thewomb

Each episode is pretty much standalone, it gets funnier after you've watched a couple though. The most recent episode 'The Gang Exploit A Miracle' was weaker than usual as it ripped off a South Park plot, but there's been some great ones this season, and Danny DeVito is a welcome addition to the cast.

Marv Orange

Does the title sequence of this show remind anyone else of the Trailer Park Boys?

thewomb

Yes. In the way that the first scene sets up the theme of the episode, then it kicks in with a nice gentle violin number that sets up your anticipation for the episode itself.