Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:28:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Simon Pegg Sitcom

Started by Felatio Imperative, August 07, 2006, 09:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Hoover

Well I hadn't read the book, but did as a result of seeing the movie and my parents saying it was ok but the book is much better. The main problem for me in the film was that I didn't realise Zaphod was supposed to be a likeable character and I was wanting and expecting him to get some kind of comeuppance for being an annoying twat.

Dark Sky

The radio series(es) are better than the book(s).  So bleugh to yer ma and pa.

Actually I think the film captured the spirit of the radio series more than the books did.  The books kinda turned the whole thing really grim and dour, which does work really well, but I do enjoy the exhuberance and "silly voice" farcical comedy of the radio series / TV series and film more.

Isn't it odd how Simon Pegg wasn't in the Hitchhiker's movie.  You'd think they'd have shoehorned him in there somehow.

DJ One Record

I think they realised that Martin Freeman was enough.

Mind you, I'm still boggled by the way Eldon and Heap were shoehorned into Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Did Heap manage to work his Crazy Eyes (TM) into his role somehow?

Jemble Fred

Um, did somebody just say something nasty about Zooey Deschanel?

OUTSIDE!

I had a lovely half-dream last night, oddly enough, as I listened to the H2G2 album – The Restaurant At The End of the Universe movie, massive Milliways set, fantastic special effects, Steve Martin as the compere... I feel robbed that there's no word of a follow-up to the first movie – as all the groundwork is done on a new 'franchise', they really should continue with it – although it would work better as a HBO/Hallmark-style TV series.

DJ One Record

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Um, did somebody just say something nasty about Zooey Deschanel?

No, I said something bland about her - i.e. she's bland....

QuoteOUTSIDE!

...AND inside.

Little Hoover

Quote from: "Dark Sky"The radio series(es) are better than the book(s).  So bleugh to yer ma and pa.

Actually I think the film captured the spirit of the radio series more than the books did.  The books kinda turned the whole thing really grim and dour, which does work really well, but I do enjoy the exhuberance and "silly voice" farcical comedy of the radio series / TV series and film more.

Well they also spoke about the t.v series, (We never listened to the radio for anything other than football in my house, which sadly has deprived me of radio comedy, and so I don't think I'll ever get into the habbit) and I saw a couple of episodes recently when they repeated them on paramount, and that seemed fine, did a much better job of catching the britishness of the books than the movied did.
But yeah I see what you mean, there a little moody at times. Still If I get a job soon, I'll should have lots of money to spare and maybe I'll but the radio series.

The Duck Man

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"She didn't write it anyway (co-written by Paul Abbott? What the fuck was he thinking?), but it was A) dire, and B) a major vehicle for her. It is a shame that she hasn't found an even half-decent use of her talent as yet.
My memory says that was quite good - what didn't ye like about it?