Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:54:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ReMorristered

Started by TJ, August 10, 2006, 09:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTT

Neil says he patched up the episode that i hadn't done himself (it was episode2 i think). My ep2 runs for 58.18 without a CaB bumper how long is the version from the torrents?

TJ

Quote from: "TTT"Neil says he patched up the episode that i hadn't done himself (it was episode2 i think). My ep2 runs for 58.18 without a CaB bumper how long is the version from the torrents?

So did you ever sort out show 9 (missing Newsflash and first half of Gett Off from the start) or the Boxing Day show (missing the intro and That'll Be The Day from the start)?

And did a complete version of show 6 ever find its way into circulation?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

I forget - was it the 'And the Sacha Distel award for smarmy ponciness goes to Vidal Sassoon! Oh, that one sort of works...' line?

There probably was a whiff of legal action - the sketch the following week about 'going into hiding' seemed a strange gag to do, after all.

TTT

Show 9 is missing the start, the boxing day show starts with the intro then in to parklife.

Oh and show6 is still missing about 15mins, I couldn't track down a complete copy of this.

TJ

A very old list of site notes I've got here says "INCOMPLETE - 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 12, 23, 24", but I've no idea which encodes in particular this is referring to.

TJ

Quote from: "TTT"Oh and show6 is still missing about 15mins, I couldn't track down a complete copy of this.

I've got that in full - I'll upload it when I get a chance.

TJ

Quote from: "TTT"Show 9 is missing the start, the boxing day show starts with the intro then in to parklife.

Just so I'm clear on this - do you mean the actual intro (an alarm going off when Morris starts talking) is there but That'll Be The Day is cut out, or that it starts with a jingle or similar?

benthalo

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"I forget - was it the 'And the Sacha Distel award for smarmy ponciness goes to Vidal Sassoon! Oh, that one sort of works...' line?

That's the one. I'm currently on a course of powerful painkillers so my memory's a bit more fucked than usual.

TTT

It appears my episode 2 is longer than the one currently being torrented, i'll rapidshare it now.

I have this file in my music shows directory, if it doesnt say Bass2rez then it was sourced mainly from either the original mp3s from here or from slsk etc.

Music Show Encoded Info
-----------------------

01 - 01st June 1994 (TTT Edit)
02 - 08th June 1994 (TTT Edit)
03 - 15th June 1994 (TTT Edit)
04 - 22nd June 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
05 - 29th June 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
06 - 06th July 1994 (TTT Edit)
07 - 27th July 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
08 - 03rd August 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
09 - 10th August 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
10 - 17th August 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
11 - 24th August 1994 (Bass2rez Encode + TTT Edit)
12 - 31st August 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
13 - 28th September 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
14 - 05th October 199 (Bass2rez Encode)
15 - 12th October 1994 (Bass2rez Encode + TTT Edit)
16 - 19th October 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
17 - 26th October 1994 (Bass2rez Encode + TTT Edit)
18 - 02nd November 1994 (Bass2rez Encode + TTT Edit)
19 - 16th November 1994 (Bass2rez Encode + TTT Edit)
20 - 30th November 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
21 - 07th December 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
22 - 14th December 1994 (Bass2rez Encode
23 - 21st December 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)
24 - 26th December 1994 (Bass2rez Encode)

TTT

Quote from: "TJ"
Quote from: "TTT"Show 9 is missing the start, the boxing day show starts with the intro then in to parklife.

Just so I'm clear on this - do you mean the actual intro (an alarm going off when Morris starts talking) is there but That'll Be The Day is cut out, or that it starts with a jingle or similar?

Yes it must be a jingle (it's the big it up one) that it starts with (like the majority of the shows).

Peter Rain

Quote from: "TTT"Oh and show6 is still missing about 15mins, I couldn't track down a complete copy of this.

I've got that in full - I'll upload it when I get a chance.
Oh, wow! Thanks for this thread, TJ, I can't wait to hear stuff like this...

TJ

Quote from: "TTT"It appears my episode 2 is longer than the one currently being torrented, i'll rapidshare it now.

Do you know the two running times offhand?

TTT

Neil says the one in the torrents is 50:30 (with a CaB bumper), mine is 58.18 (without a CaB bumper)

TJ

Quote from: "TTT"Neil says the one in the torrents is 50:30 (with a CaB bumper), mine is 58.18 (without a CaB bumper)

Mine's 59:00, but that could be down to tape speed variations I suppose.

gazzyk1ns

Here we are:

Show 1: 53:09
Show 2: 50:30
Show 3: 57:06
Show 4: 60:38
Show 5: 60:28
Show 6: 47:17
Show 7: 60:36
Show 8: 59:53
Show 9: 58:25
Show 10: 59:11
Show 11: 60:49
Show 12: 58:33
Show 13: 59:24
Show 14: 61:06
Show 15: 61:04
Show 16: 59:53
Show 17: 60:02
Show 18: 60:17
Show 19: 61:40
Show 20: 57:39
Show 21: 60:43
Show 22: 60:13
Show 23: 59:36
Show 24 pt. 1: 59:33
Show 24 pt. 2: 59:49

Some have bumpers at the beginning, some don't. I'm not sure how many do/don't at the end.

TTT

Hmm is the quality on your copy consistent? As mine is pretty poor until the last 20mins or so.

TJ

Quote from: "TTT"Hmm is the quality on your copy consistent? As mine is pretty poor until the last 20mins or so.

Maybe that's why I'd marked it as 'incomplete'... yep, this one's fine throughout.

TTT

Ah right i'll just leave it to you to upload yours then.

Just checked the run lengths against mine and apart from episode2 they are all similar run lengths.

TJ

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"Here we are:

2, 9, 24 and 6 we've already mentioned, so...

QuoteShow 1: 53:09

I have it at 59:03, so that's way incomplete. The question is, what's missing?

QuoteShow 3: 57:06

59:11

QuoteShow 12: 58:33

That seems about right... so why was it on my list??? Is it dodgy quality?

QuoteShow 23: 59:36

Again, that's clocking in as pretty much correct...

TJ

I should point out here that I have actually tried to circulate this stuff in the past, but as with so many bastard other things, the people who swore and promised that they would selflessly distribute this stuff to other people opted instead to not bother. Which is why I stopped doing that, although now that broadband and Megaupload exist, it's easier to cut out the middle man...

TTT

The quality is fine on 12 and 23, they are bass2rez's dat captures, I didnt edit these ones at all.

TJ

Quote from: "TTT"The quality is fine on 12 and 23, they are bass2rez's dat captures, I didnt edit these ones at all.

Maybe I'll upload them anyway, on the off-chance that somebody might spot something.

gazzyk1ns

QuoteShow 12: 58:33
That seems about right... so why was it on my list??? Is it dodgy quality?

No, there is some FM hiss (well, I assume that's what it is); I'd not have mentioned it if you'd not asked though, it's nothing to worry about unless of course someone has an absolutely perfect copy to hand.

I've only nipped back here quickly but whilst I'm here, I'll mention that show 2 is pretty bad. It's perfectly listenable but it does stand out as being a poor one; for example:

Sample (650K)

So if there's a better version available then it would be good to have it.

QuoteI should point out here that I have actually tried to circulate this stuff in the past, but as with so many bastard other things, the people who swore and promised that they would selflessly distribute this stuff to other people opted instead to not bother.

I don't mind modifying the torrents to inclue new stuff if/when everyone is satisfied that we've got a complete collection of something, like these music shows. People wouldn't have to re-download any files which hadn't been changed and it would be relatively quick and easy. It's Neil and Timmay's call though obviously, they'd have to give me torrent upload rights. I dunno, maybe Neil would want to do it himself, I'm sure something can be sorted.

Peter Rain

A snippet of that Martyn Lewis interview is played at the start of show two, with some tiny bits missing on mine - I was wondering if that was intentional?

Goes like this:
QuoteMORRIS
And this is the sort of thing that Newsnight perhaps would do, that the main bulletins wouldn't?

LEWIS
Oh no no, the main bulletins would as well. We-

MORRIS
Explain what a road was.

LEWIS
We would, we would explain...

MORRIS
Yup.

LEWIS
We would explain what a road was.
The bold stuff being in the interview at the end, but not in the clip at the start. Hardly important, but, you know...

TJ

If anyone wants to tack 'Best Bit' back onto the high quality Blue Jam 1/4, it crossfades very, very slightly with the fade of the outro. Ancient RealAudio encode for reference purposes here: http://cabinessence.cream.org/bj1-4b.zip

gazzyk1ns

Sorry, I realised I wasn't on the ball earlier and that 2 is already being replaced. I just went through them all and it's only the first 3 which are a bit shaky, andyway.