Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:39:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bruno Kirby RIP

Started by John Williams, August 16, 2006, 09:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Williams

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4797207.stm

Excellent in his recurring role in The Larry Sanders Show.  I loved the scene in the episode where Hank tries to give him acting tips when making a farewell tape for Larry:

Bruno Kirby: I was in "The Godfather".
Hank Kingsley: I don't think so.
Bruno Kirby: I was in "The Godfather Part 2".
Hank Kingsley: Oh see, I only saw part 3, the good one.

and even better in the final episode:

"A man singing to a man.  How fucking sick is that?"

benthalo

Very fond of his turn in This Is Spinal Tap too.

RIP

niat

He was pretty damn good in everything I've seen him in. What a shame. RIP.

jennifer

NO

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE. That's really upset me. GAH. RIP Bruno. You were in all the sorts of things I liked and seemed like a really nice man too.

ninestonecreature

Very sad news. I particularly loved his Spinal Tap cameo, not to mention his brilliant turn in Good Morning Vietnam (a film I can otherwise take or leave) as the humourless lieutenant who tries to upstage Cronauer with his routine as a 'comedy' frenchman.

RIP.

Purple Tentacle

His drunken Frank Sinatra renditio in the extra Spinal Tap footage on the DVD is bloody great.

He'll always be 'A man singing to a man? How fucking sick is that' to me though.

Orias

Great in "When Harry Met Sally" too.

"You made a woman meow?"

Bert Thung

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"His drunken Frank Sinatra renditio in the extra Spinal Tap footage on the DVD is bloody great.

He'll always be 'A man singing to a man? How fucking sick is that' to me though.
True, apiece of comedy involving cannabis that's hilarious for once.

Glebe

Sad. He was a really solid actor. RIP.

Abbatoir worker

Boo!  Just saw the Spinal Tap extras a couple of weeks ago, what a master of pent up and sublimated emotion...  RIP Bruno

Is there no justice?

Bruno Kirby is dead and James Blunt is alive and well.

abbot lau

I didn't know he was in Godfather 2 until I saw that scene with Hank in Larry Sanders. I re-watched it and true enough, he played the young Clemenza with Robert de Niro, and was great.

Favourite line of his from Larry Sanders, the final episode, when he realises they"r bumping him yet again, this time from the last ever show.

Artie: Don't worry about it kiddo, we'll have you on another time.
Kirby: Are you listening to what's coming out of your mouth?

It's a line I find myself wanting to say to people surprisingly often.

Leukaemia, Jesus.

RIP