Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:57:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dr. Katz

Started by abbot lau, August 21, 2006, 12:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abbot lau

I was watching a downloaded Dr. Katz on my computer recently (episode 106: 'Family Car') and was listening with headphones and heard something I had never heard before on the show: audience laughter.

It was particularly noticeable during the therapy sessions with the two standups (Andy Kindler and Anthony Clark). The dialogue editing was a bit choppy but here and there I could hear several people laughing in the background.

This raises the question of how these recordings were made... Did the actors/standups have a bunch of people in the recording studio whose laughing got picked up on mic or was the dialogue in  these 'Therapy scenes' partly sourced from recordings of the standups live acts?

It seems a bit of a sad, obsessive, trivial thing to pick up on but if there's anywhere I might get a proper answer (or at least some corroboration) it should be here.

Oh, and I am still in love with Katz's assistant Laura. It is to my eternal regret that I never had a girlfriend like her.

Mr. Analytical

Well I'm still freaked out by how muchy I resemble Ben...

rudi

Could it be the crew laughing?

abbot lau

Quote from: "rudi"Could it be the crew laughing?

Like in those old Kenny Everett shows? Maybe, but there seem to be a fair few people laughing and it wouldn't be too professional of a recording studio crew to laugh all over the stuff being recorded.

Unless...

these scenes weren't recorded in a studio at all but in someone's house? It was the first season after all. Maybe it was a bit slapdash, low budget etc?

There's certainly enough there to make me laugh out loud. The episode where they both dye their hair red by accident and have to call the 'henna hotline' for advice.

Ben: Let's call the henna helper lady, Dad. It's a toll free number.
Katz: Do you know why that number is free, Ben? Because she is laughing so hard at us...