Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Turn Back Time

Started by Abbatoir worker, August 31, 2006, 03:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbatoir worker

Anyone see this?  I have difficulty believing it wasn't a repeat of an old show, as it's hard to credit that anyone could trot the format out again with a straight face but there it was.

I actually enjoyed this more than every episode on TVHeavenTellyHell combined, I think because Dara O'Brien never at any point appears to be playing to the audience.  It had much more of a feeling of two blokes in a pub, comparing their horror stories.  Plus Johnny Vegas was genuinely, without a doubt, horrified at the things he was dragging up.

Anyone know the future guests?

Garam

I saw the Vic Reeves episode and very much enjoyed it. Though that's not saying much, as I generally enjoy anything Vic appears in, give or take a Monkey Trousers here or a Law of the Playground there.

The thing that pisses me off about these shows is how they insist on having a practical bit. "Let's see what would happen if you had the chance to relive this moment! Bring on the schoolroom set!" No thank you. More chat, please. Though I did smile at the Planet of the Apes ending.

Edit: Ooh, looking at that torrent site, it seems Terry Jones was a guest! Makes a nice change from the usual guests like David Mitchell and Johnny Vegas.

Marv Orange

Johnny Vegas was this weeks, last weeeks was Barry Humphries.

Bean Is A Carrot

Barry Humphries was good. As was Terry Jones. Haven't seen the others. It's the kinda show where if you're not interested in the guest you'll probably watch something else.