Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:24:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It's Take the Piss Out of the Latest Comedy Lab Time!

Started by Darrell, February 10, 2004, 11:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have really enjoyed reading your criticism of The Comedy Lab. I have only watched 10 seconds of it out of curiosity and it was something about a terrorist gameshow. It was all that shock times zany juxtaposition = comedy and i had "A Mighty Wind" on DVD.

Anyway it's pleasing to know that something genuinely funny can come from something so morosely bad. I especially liked the comment which refered to it being like 'being forced to eat shit'. I couldn't stomach it that night but i might go back to "Fill my hump".

nortagem

And there are more people pitching for a Comedy Lab than there are for normal comedy slots. Does that worry you?

These people may get away with it on Channel 4 but they WILL be beaten up if they try that in public.

Life goes on.

Catalogue Trousers

*BUMP*

I've just seen the first minute or so of Dog Almighty, tonight's Comedy Lab effort (don't give a toss if it's a repeat or not).

Just what the World Of Comedy needs. Sub-Joel Veitch photo-animations of dogs, in hilarious "human" situations, speaking in That Voice.

Was this shite put on in a desperate attempt to make Whatever look at least half-decent? Whatever...(ho fucking ho)

benthalo

Quote from: "Catalogue Trousers"I've just seen the first minute or so of Dog Almighty, tonight's Comedy Lab effort (don't give a toss if it's a repeat or not).

It is 'n'all. They're re-running the last series of Comedy Lab in the wee hours, with the delights of Alex Zane's House Of Games scheduled for next week.

Worse still, Dog Almighty got a World Cup Special as part of E4's Funny Cuts back in June, just over a month after the Comedy Lab. I think the I, Spazticus people got a Funny Cut too. A dreadful Scrappy Doo of a pilots strand.

I watched Friday's Whatever last night. Rather wished I hadn't.