Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,331
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Best of Kevin Eldon

Started by Maxloss, March 08, 2005, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Duck Man

Thanks for your answers, chaps and chapesses.

I only recently saw Stand-Up Comedian on Paramount. The Diana bit really is a tour-de-force, the way he imagines the household and that bit builds and builds until you actually forget about ET as you're so wrapped up waiting for the punchline. Then comes the punchline and it's fantastic.

Quote from: "lazyhour"It's so hard to tell when people are joking on here.  We need a series of code words, or colour-coded text, perhaps?
Perhaps when somebody is joking, or being sarcastic, they could suffix their statement with "LOL!!!11" to avoid confusion.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Maybe the whole forum could react?

lazyhour

lazyhour

(that was me reacting)

Erm...

LOL!!!11

Ignatius_S

One of the Fopps near me is flogging coppies of the animation, Who I Am And What I Want, which Eldon did the voice for. I know it won loads of awards but is it any good?

lazyhour

It is rather good, yes.  A little bit DaRk, but not too much.  The art is by David Shrigley, so of course that side of it is great.  Worth a watch, most definitely!  I think the DVD has some extras, but I think the total runtime is very short nonetheless.  How much is it in Fopp?

Ignatius_S

Not sure - think it's a fiver but will double-check when I go past later today. I was humming and hawwing about it as as it looked interesting, nicely packaged with a few extras, but as you say is on the short side.

Ignatius_S

Bugger, it's actually £8  (the usual RRP is £9) in the new Bristol store. I'll try to check with their other shop as a few things have been selling for different prices.

lazyhour

THE COMPLETE MR. BARTLETT & MR. WILLIS

All 15 episodes of this exciting serial, in exceptional quality.

Written by Kevin Eldon.  Performed by Kevin Eldon and Simon Munnery.
Performed on Resonance FM as part of Simon Munnery Weakly Chats, 2005.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8VTD3MGZ (103MB)

Zip contains:
Part 17 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis - The First Episode (2005-01-27)
Part 18 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis Discuss P Diddy (2005-02-03)
Part 19 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis Travel in Time (1) (2005-02-10)
Part 20 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis Travel in Time (2) (2005-03-03)
Part 21 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis Travel in Time (3) (2005-03-17)
Part 22 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis Travel in Time (4) (2005-03-24)
Part 23 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis Meet Mr Hadlington (1) (2005-04-07)
Part 24 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis Meet Mr Hadlington (2) (2005-04-14)
Part 25 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis Meet Mr Bartlett's Father (2005-04-21)
Part 26 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis In Space (1) (2005-05-12)
Part 27 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis In Space (2) (2005-05-19)
Part 28 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis In Space (3) (2005-05-26)
Part 29 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis In Space (4) (2005-06-02)
Part 30 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis In Space (5) (2005-06-09)
Part 31 - Mr Bartlett & Mr Willis - The Final Episode (2005-06-16)

Source audio provided by jigsaw250, lazyhour and benthalo.  Compiled and edited by lazyhour.  This is really funny stuff, so please download it!

LeboviciAB84

no_offenc

I just spent the whole afternoon listening to that.  Bloody marvellous stuff.

purlieu

Did people like World Of Pub?  I remember so little of it now (one of those shows that's never going to get a release...), but I do remember Eldon being great in it.

LeboviciAB84

Quote from: "purlieu"(one of those shows that's never going to get a release...)

What a pre-YouTube thing to say.

purlieu

Psh, that's not a release.
Maybe I should partake in this watching things online thing...

Barney Sloane

Quote from: "purlieu"Did people like World Of Pub?  I remember so little of it now (one of those shows that's never going to get a release...), but I do remember Eldon being great in it.

Was left rather cold by it on first viewing (the patchy opening episode probably had something to do with it), but later watched the repeats on UK Play, and thought it was a very likeable show - the actors-playing-several-roles gimmick gave it a nice revue-style feel.  Germaine Greer's cameo was great in a Harry Hill "x sings the hits of y" way, and even Martin Freeman was the right side of punchable in it.  Must get round to digitizing my copies of it at some point, actually.

"What d'you think, Not-At-All-Ironic Bob?"

DJ One Record

"What do you think Irrelevant Bob? Shut it, Irrelevant Bob!"

I really liked World Of Pub. Didn't someone on this board link to an article about it discussing its tacked on laugh-track as part of its failure?

Ah, World of Pub. I'm not sure what it is, but Peter Serafinowicz seems to have an almost talismanic ability to stop anything in which he appears from being wholly disappointing - World of Pub, Hippies, Look Around You (series 2), South Park (Series 10), The Phantom Menace, I'm Alan Partridge (Series 2) - even Alexei Sayle's Merrigoround - none of these was anything like I was hoping for, yet some force appears to prevent me simply writing them off as shit, and I'd still happily rewatch any of them.

The Duck Man

You didn't mention Hardware.

I thought that was quite good, mind. Better than the other Martin Freeman vehicle, anyway.

The Office? Or Hitchiker's Guide?

Darrell

The Robinsons I think he means.

lazyhour

Quote from: "no_offenc"I just spent the whole afternoon listening to that.  Bloody marvellous stuff.

Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I think it's some of the best radio stuff Eldon's ever done.  Incredible performance, too, when you consider that he's switching voices constantly.

The introductory bits where he says what's coming up on Resonance FM make me grin so much, too.  Just brilliant.

Did anyone else download this?  Not wishing to go on about how great I am, but I did go to quite a lot of effort to compile this set, so I just hope that people are actually downloading and listening to it, is all.

benthalo

Yep, me too. Even though I have everything there, it's lovely to have it as one bundle. Spent a pleasant trip home on Wednesday listening to the first few.

cleverjake

Quote from: "lazyhour"
Quote from: "no_offenc"I just spent the whole afternoon listening to that.  Bloody marvellous stuff.

Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I think it's some of the best radio stuff Eldon's ever done.  Incredible performance, too, when you consider that he's switching voices constantly.

The introductory bits where he says what's coming up on Resonance FM make me grin so much, too.  Just brilliant.

Did anyone else download this?  Not wishing to go on about how great I am, but I did go to quite a lot of effort to compile this set, so I just hope that people are actually downloading and listening to it, is all.

I did - I'm very much looking forward to listening to it over the weekend.

Me too, thanks lazybones. P.S. I also really enjoyed Japan Goes Pop! I must get the Experimental one...

Double Thankenstein!

Angst in my Pants

Quote from: "lazyhour"Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I think it's some of the best radio stuff Eldon's ever done.  Incredible performance, too, when you consider that he's switching voices constantly.

I did - thank you very much.  I'd never heard of this before and have listened to a few already, really funny stuff.  I really enjoy the introductions too - especially "Tutting Evening".

Eldon's playing both characters?  I had no idea!  Very impressive.

benthalo

"A variety of crisps are let loose in our London studios."

lazyhour

Quote from: "Angst in my Pants"Eldon's playing both characters?  I had no idea!  Very impressive.

Ah, no, I meant he is playing the American-ish narrator and also Mr Bartlett, and if you listen carefully he switches between them mid-sentence.  It's amazing!

Angst in my Pants

Quote from: "lazyhour"Ah, no, I meant he is playing the American-ish narrator and also Mr Bartlett, and if you listen carefully he switches between them mid-sentence.  It's amazing!
Heh, I feel even more silly now.  Still impressive though.

Thanks again for the downloads, I listened to a few more on the way home.  Just lovely.

jennifer

Quote from: "lazyhour"

Sorry lazyhour, I was reserving my thanks and comments til I listened to it all- halfway through now. It's just lovely and pointless and silly, innit?

"they're surrounding us with a variety of objects that are very very sharp, or very very blunt" (para)

Thanks so much for uploading. Please don't stop *double thumbs up*