Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:06:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 30, 2021, 07:25:24 PM
7:10am. Dempsey and Makepeace. ...

I liked that show so much when I was a kid that I named my first hamster Dempsey

(slightly off topic)

chveik

Blinder Data

Quote from: GMTV on January 29, 2021, 10:29:34 AM
Lawwell's OOT

Strange he's going now, thought he might have wanted to give it one last go at winning the league back. I guess the league is not done yet so it's still feasible celtic could do 10iar. Although this announcement now does feel a bit like admitting defeat.

With Lawwell going this 10iar season further mirrors rangers season way back when, as Walter Smith announced he was going mid season.

He was clearly hoping to leave with 10iar in the bag as a final gift/FU to the fans who have despised him for years. How did your grand plan work out, Peter? I would like to think this season's failures will mean his bonus is lower than usual but that's almost certainly fanciful - the yearly accounts have proved that whether Celtic do well or not, Lawwell gets his lucre. Anyway, the new guy looks like the sort of guy to break up the complacent old pals act that the club has become, so there's hope.

I can take Stevie G getting his squad firing on all cylinders, in fact I respect him for it - but I at least expected Celtic to challenge them. At the moment their challenge is securing second place. At least if Celtic keep losing games it means the league won't be won at Celtic Park... 

DrGreggles

No laughing at Real Madrid today?
This thread has gone downhill.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I remembered to laugh about them with my friend earlier, sorry. Atletico 7pts ahead with 2 games in hand so it's now or never to get in there and win it. Slight chance Juventus might not win Serie A this year either but I have a funny feeling the rest of the top 6 will take enough points off each other that they'll still sneak in.

DrGreggles

To be fair, Atletico last won it in 2014, so it won't be that long a drought.
That time it was built on being solid in defence (and full of shithouses), whereas this side has far more flair (and is full of shithouses).

Gulftastic

bgmnts

Good game to watch. Bamford to hit 20+this season?

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on January 31, 2021, 03:56:45 PM
Good game to watch. Bamford to hit 20+this season?

I left the fucker on the bench! Fantasy football has RUINED the weekend AGAIN.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 30, 2021, 10:08:33 PM
I remembered to laugh about them with my friend earlier, sorry. Atletico 7pts ahead with 2 games in hand so it's now or never to get in there and win it.

Make that 10 points and 1 game.

DrGreggles

Fuck me, that's one of the best counter-attack goals I've seen.

Wonderful Butternut

bgmnts

Why isn't Nat Phillips playing regularly during the injury crisis then? Seems to be a better choice than Rhys Williams.

bgmnts

If that early goal went in that would have been amazing.

Thursday

Quote from: bgmnts on January 31, 2021, 07:21:55 PM
If that early goal went in that would have been amazing.

It's not a goal if it doesn't go in! Don't you know anything about football?!

bgmnts

Embarrassed myself there.

Great goal by Brighton.

chveik

Mobius

Bale off. Spurs will probably be less shit for a bit.

bgmnts

Fair play Brighton thoroughly outclassed Spurs for most of that. Strange.

Mobius

chveik

Quote from: bgmnts on January 31, 2021, 09:01:40 PM
Fair play Brighton thoroughly outclassed Spurs for most of that. Strange.

not really

BlodwynPig

Everyone conspiring to make it another Liverpool, City 1-2 this year.

DrGreggles

They play next week. Liverpool have to win really to even have a chance of the league, but it's hard to see them catching City regardless. City are in form and look solid at the back for the first time in a long while.

They've played some absolute dross over the past few weeks, Newcastle, West Brom, Sheffield United, they're not all that. They'll probably win the league by default with everyone else slipping up more.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ludicrous Display on January 31, 2021, 11:04:17 PM
They've played some absolute dross over the past few weeks, Newcastle, West Brom, Sheffield United, they're not all that. They'll probably win the league by default with everyone else slipping up more.

From what I've seen this season, they play absolute dross pretty much every week due to it being a mostly absolute dross league.

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 31, 2021, 11:26:26 PM
From what I've seen this season, they play absolute dross pretty much every week due to it being a mostly absolute dross league.

That is true.

Wonderful Butternut

Mourinho said that Spurs suffered from "sadness" and "low self esteem" during the Brighton game.

Hm... I wonder why.

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

Apparently "crisis club"* Liverpool have signed one centre back from Preston and are the verge of getting another on loan from Schalke (with an obligation to buy in the summer).

*genuinely saw them referred to as that this morning

DrGreggles

Re: Centre back-less Liverpool signing centre back Ozan Kabak from Schalke, Paul 'pundit' Merson, a pundit on Sky Sports, offered the following punditry on Sky Sports:

"I don't know why they've signed him."