Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:04:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Defied Comedy - Graham Linehan is Still a Transphobe

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, January 20, 2024, 11:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: madhair60 on January 21, 2024, 07:29:32 PMit doesn't make you a grifting cunt just to have a donate button. i have a donate button for people who like my stuff, which is free.

campbell is a fucking cunt though. and it makes me sad because i used to love his stuff.

You're right. It was more his 'money for nothing' wording that reflects his career, and seems to sum up his existence.

damien

That Lucas thread seems to have been jumped on by a few of the blue tick loons because our hero himself is actually in the shared clip 'acting'.

I'm convinced that 'Nicola' (19 followers) is just him talking to himself again.

mjwilson

Quote from: thr0b on January 21, 2024, 06:51:14 PMHe was. And he was also a really good games writer. The two weren't mutually exclusive, and probably the former helped the latter.

He actually does still do same games writing (assuming you mean writing about games).

thr0b

Quote from: mjwilson on January 21, 2024, 09:47:25 PMHe actually does still do same games writing (assuming you mean writing about games).

I did.

And I was aware, but it's so sporadic and it's a shame.

Sonny_Jim

Whoever runs the @realmattlucas account on Twitter has been posting clips of Little Britain and seemingly accidentally included one that featured Glinner in a minor role:

The post soon attracted the Glincels
Spoiler alert

[close]

But it's ok, it was before Glinner realised that everyone in the UK media was evil
Spoiler alert

[close]

Elfking

Imagine writing the line "Before I realised everyone in the UK media was evil!"

If you saw some random account posting that you'd assume they were crazy, I mean I KNOW Glinner has gone crazy but lines like that should be a big flashing red light to anyone who doesn't know him as well as we do. It's the same sort of crazy as the man standing in the High Street during lockdown wearing a placard saying that covid was planned and that the media was all complicit.

Bearing in mind this is the same media that has been relentlessly transphobic for years.

Meanwhile, as Graham continues his miserable grift my wife had transphobic abuse shouted at her at a station waiting for a train. The real results of the atmosphere Gliner and his ilk have created continue to be felt at the sharp end by the vulnerable people they attack.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Fuck it, I'm gonna port my post over and you probably can't stop me:

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 20, 2024, 10:29:38 PMYou are Graham Linehan.

After co-writing a hit sitcom, you became a comedy name to look out for. A person who could get things commissioned just by being near to the project. A person whose new shows people would look forward to because you wrote them. A person who could sell DVDs to comedy fans on the strength of you doing a commentary on them.

An episode you penned aged poorly, an experience shared by countless writers. You decide it hasn't aged poorly actually and that everyone else is wrong and you start on a path that in a very short space of time annihilates your home life, prevents you putting on a musical based on your biggest success, alienates you from the fans for whom your name used to be a selling point, utterly dismantles your ability to generate humorous work and means you can no longer get any commissions or frankly any writing work that isn't shit right-wing grift work.

How is that not being a failed comedy writer?

Milo

I thought you were starting a game of Graham Linehan Quest when I was reading that.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Milo on January 22, 2024, 06:06:50 AMI thought you were starting a game of Graham Linehan Quest when I was reading that.

That's a whole other thread.

Do you:

TAKE THE CRITICISM ON BOARD AND EXAMINE YOUR OWN BIASES WITH A VIEW TO GROWING AS A PERSON

or

GO BANANAS

?

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Milo on January 22, 2024, 06:06:50 AMI thought you were starting a game of Graham Linehan Quest when I was reading that.

I thought he was doing a Dr. Manhattan sort of thing.

"Twitter is on my phone. It is 2023. I am giving Dermot Morgan some script pages. It is 1995. In 2023 I am encouraging my shut in fanbase to harass a PR run Twitter account representing Matt Lucas. In 2018 I begin my crusade. I feel shame for the final time."

Rankersbo

Quote from: Elfking on January 22, 2024, 05:53:57 AMImagine writing the line "Before I realised everyone in the UK media was evil!"

So the majority of the press who indulge him- Fence sitting and not taking a stand - Evil.
Liberal press that pay lip service to balance but are actually transphobic - TRAs the lot of em Evil
Press that is neutral. - TRA Extremists - Really Evil
The press that features trans voices and is as rare as hens teeth - Dominates the landscape, bullies good upstading GC people - the devil incarnate

lipsink

Quote from: Elfking on January 22, 2024, 05:53:57 AMImagine writing the line "Before I realised everyone in the UK media was evil!"

He's just completely fucking gone, isn't he? Absolutely batshit fucking insane. And he's just going to get worse and worse. Remember how people thought he couldn't get any fucking more insane. And that was 5 years ago.

Also, so sorry to hear about the horrible abuse your wife received @Elfking. Sending love to you both.

Milo

Even just the word 'realised' - it's a truth that he has discovered, not an opinion or a judgement. Utterly fucked in the head.

retsuza

Very sorry to hear your wife had to put up with that @Elfking , the professional transphobes who deliberately try to be polite and just asking questions enable this kind of abuse and I wish they'd be held to any kind of accountability for it.

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on January 21, 2024, 08:46:55 PMhaha, they can't even sugar-coat his failures for him

Yes I'm sure certain accounts like GenderCriticalCaterpillar KPSS Billy Bragg are being peaked in that thread. The numbers will rise dramatically until the entire planet is Critical of Gender.

Kankurette

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Kankurette on January 22, 2024, 11:44:14 AMLooks like Graham's got a potential girlfriend.

It's going to be a gooey banana split tonight in Carbonara Mansions.

I'm so sorry.

Barry Admin

It's the glincels that make me feel really icky. Imagine posting shit like "Your career depended on [Glinner], didn't it Judas?" and thinking you're normal.  While spending most of your days accusing other people of being in a cult.

Also: "Did he direct this one, as well as Star in it?"  Random capitalisation disproving Linehan's "spellcheck is causing the end of the world" theory. You can still smell nutters a mile off.

Oh, and what is "peaking" if not - using their lingo - "social contagion"?

Noakes

for someone who only understands transactional loyalty, you'd think he'd be able to rationalize when someone seemingly trades up.

-and so sorry for your wife's experience elfking

Barry Admin

Look at this mad twat he retweeted, 85 quid so she can hopefully get on local radio and rant about "cat genders."

What it's really all about for most of them:

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Kankurette on January 22, 2024, 11:44:14 AMLooks like Graham's got a potential girlfriend.

He's had others. They all boil bunnies.

Also sorry @Elfking for what your wife had to put up with. There's absolutely no difference in my mind between racism and transphobia, whoever gave her the abuse is no better than a racist. Fuck them.

Barry Admin

She's a massive clout-chaser and turbo-grifter.  A really nasty piece of work too. 

Oh, I saw some of the stuff the transphobes are saying now about Mridul Wadhwa, it just gets worse and worse, I wouldn't even quote it here.  It's actually shocking how depraved their minds are, and the sorts of theoretical fucked up scenarios they create to generate more outrage and attention.  And I'm not generally easily shocked.  Have to disengage from some of this again, it's not worth lurking on Twitter now - it's as bad for your psyche as watching those gore videos of people having fatal accidents or whatever. 

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 22, 2024, 01:01:47 PMOh, I saw some of the stuff the transphobes are saying now about Mridul Wadhwa, it just gets worse and worse, I wouldn't even quote it here.  It's actually shocking how depraved their minds are, and the sorts of theoretical fucked up scenarios they create to generate more outrage and attention.  And I'm not generally easily shocked.  Have to disengage from some of this again, it's not worth lurking on Twitter now - it's as bad for your psyche as watching those gore videos of people having fatal accidents or whatever. 

There was a very dishonest quote implying she said something like "you've got to have fun" regarding the rape crisis service, when she was actually talking about how the team support each other when facing harrowing experiences of the people they help. She tries to cook for the team once a week, just as a nice thing for everyone.

They're so twisted that they have no credibility. Graham's proud to be a twisted cunt, fucking eejit.

As an aside, he's on track to sell around two books today, grossing an easy £6.

How does the chart know sales # @Mx Wrongs? Is it a knowledgeable guesstimate?

Milo

'evil gender neutral loos'. The evilness calibrations of these people are miles off.

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Better Midlands on January 22, 2024, 01:44:13 PMHow does the chart know sales # @Mx Wrongs? Is it a knowledgeable guesstimate?

I used an online sales estimator with 2023 data to find estimated sales at certain points in the charts, and I just interpolate between them (it's linear enough between those points, especially at the sales levels Graham's getting!).

const dataPoints = [
         [1,9360],
         [10,4470],
         [100,1260],
         [500,450],
         [1000,300],
         [2000,180],
         [5000,90],
         [10000,60],
         [999999,0],
    ];

Unfortunately I lost the source of the data, otherwise I'd have credited them. It was the only place I found Amazon UK Book sale data.

ETA: the data is [chart position, monthly sales]

Juan K Perros

Falconhoof: you are in your bedroom, browsing Twitter on your phone. You have a long and successful career ahead of you.

Linehan: KILL CAREER.

Elfking

Quote from: damien on January 22, 2024, 06:45:47 AMWill Ferrell's new film might just see him off

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/will-ferrell-transgender-community-sundance-documentary-1235881250/amp/

That's interesting. I hope it's good and gets distribution. We get so little trans representation in media, even less of older people who come out as trans. I think it would be interesting to see.

The Late Satoru Iwata

I'm poor enough that the idea of an extra £6-9 coming into my account every day is genuinely thrilling but probably not for Graham, the star of Little Britain.

Interesting to work out which industry figureheads you owe your entire allegiance to. Is it just the bloke who directed your pilot episode? Not Ashley Blaker, the producer of the two series you did on radio? Not script editors Mark Gatiss and Rob Brydon? Do David Arnold and Tom Baker get any obedience? The people at the Paramount Comedy Channel who put Lucas and Walliams on telly in the first place? Or is it just Graham, the man who publicly bit the hand of Armando Iannucci in the same open letter where he mentioned that Iannucci gave him and Arthur one of their first big breaks?

These threads are so educational.