Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

Started by Glebe, March 20, 2024, 05:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Thought there was a thread for this but anyway... first pics:

bgmnts

Wonder if they'll just get a random fat guy actor in to play Otho.

prelektric

Quote from: bgmnts on March 20, 2024, 06:19:56 PMWonder if they'll just get a random fat guy actor in to play Otho.

They'll just put Timothee Shalamar in a fat suit. Box office gold, guaranteed.

He's met a few sandworms already, so not much of a stretch.

If they don't do a "Tarkin" style CGI recreation of Sylvia Sidney's "Juno" character, I'm out.

But seriously - why?

Marv Orange

Keaton looks more like a Beatles Juice the wrinkles really add to the grimeiness of the character

Noodle Lizard

It's everything you want from a 2020s sequeboot trailer. Eerie a cappella version of song from first film, restaged shots from the first film, confirmation they've killed off the actors who have been #cancelled since first film, Jenna Ortega in possibly the most obvious bit of casting. And a PR statement about it all being practical effects (with a team of 200 VFX artists who are presumably paid to just hang around the offices).

He's back!

Keebleman

I saw the original when it came out.  My main memory is that I couldn't understand a word Michael Keaton said, not a word.

BritishHobo

Real bummer if they don't bring back Geena Davis in some form, especially given she's spoken in the past about Hollywood binning her off once she reached a certain age. It's pretty much exactly the same as Chicken Run 2, dumping Julia Sawalha just to help distract from the fact that they clearly replaced Mel Gibson due to his controversies.

Bad Ambassador

In fairness, they're not bringing back Alec Baldwin either, in case he's confronted by the ghost of the woman he killed.

surreal

Teaser trailer:

I'm assuming that is Jeffrey Jones character's funeral, as they couldn't get him back obviously with him being a bit of a danger

Glebe

SteveDave

If it was 25 years ago, I'd trust Tim Burton to do a good job. Now? Hmmmmm.

Glebe

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: SteveDave on March 22, 2024, 03:33:59 PMIf it was 25 years ago, I'd trust Tim Burton to do a good job. Now? Hmmmmm.

Has there ever been a sequel made more than ten years after the original which has been worthwhile?

(Except Good Burger 2, that's cheating)

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 22, 2024, 05:43:15 PMHas there ever been a sequel made more than ten years after the original which has been worthwhile?

Blade Runner 2049 was very decent, I liked Top Gun: Maverick too - struggling to think of comedies though - Zoolander 2 was garbage and Coming 2 America was meh at best.

Goldentony

Comine To America 2 doesn't qualify as a motion picture under the dictionary definition, it's more of a Videodrome type punishment

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 22, 2024, 05:43:15 PMHas there ever been a sequel made more than ten years after the original which has been worthwhile?

Psycho 2
Dawn Of The Dead

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 22, 2024, 07:13:38 PMDawn Of The Dead

Good grief, it never occurred to me that Dawn Of came ten years after Night Of.

Bad Ambassador

madhair60

Rev+

I'm old enough to have not been quite old enough to see the original film when it was on at the flicker show, but remember the marketing being kind of the same as it is here.  Michael Keaton is a manky bastard, it involves the afterlife, beyond that, we're saying nowt.  Really hoping it'll be decent, because it's such an easy concept to play about with.  With what's already been established, a sequel has to actively work to fuck it up.

Brundle-Fly

First off, we have to find out how Beetlejuice got his head all normal sized again.

phantom_power

The writers were the creators of Wednesday which seemed to be well liked and they had a hand in writing Spiderman 2 so that is promising. I think with someone like Burton you know what you are going to get directorially so he needs good writers to put that to good use