Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,785
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:24:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - We are not the party of people on benefits

Started by king_tubby, May 08, 2021, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Can I complain about something now Shoulders?  Why do you quote things/people shorn of attribution?  This -

To be honest, no, that's not the case. It is the oldest complaint of all third/also ran parties in the UK that they never gain traction through FPTP because they are constantly expected to be the ones to not 'split the vote' by voting for a candidate that 'will never win'. Their complaints have merit too. 

instead of this -

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 21, 2021, 06:27:27 PM
To be honest, no, that's not the case. It is the oldest complaint of all third/also ran parties in the UK that they never gain traction through FPTP because they are constantly expected to be the ones to not 'split the vote' by voting for a candidate that 'will never win'. Their complaints have merit too. 

Don't see the point unless the point is to make posts less clear.  Please stop, unless you have a great reason for continuing, of course.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sometimes I'm just replying quickly and so copy and pasting into a fresh quote box. As I'm responding to the bit in the quote box (the substance) rather than the person who wrote it I'm not sure it matters but this has been pointed out previously and I try to remember if it helps.

king_tubby

Chris Williamson endorsing Galloway is it? Grifters gonna grift.

Buelligan

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 21, 2021, 08:01:38 PM
Sometimes I'm just replying quickly and so copy and pasting into a fresh quote box. As I'm responding to the bit in the quote box (the substance) rather than the person who wrote it I'm not sure it matters but this has been pointed out previously and I try to remember if it helps.

You are an absolute angel.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Ferris

pancreas

Ferris

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

Quote:

Died in
Quoteexplosion

Author
QuoteArthur C Clarke

BlodwynPig

MoreauVasz

The Labour Party is not the party of people on benefits. It is, however, the party of dead expat pederast science fiction authors.

Blumf

Quote from: MoreauVasz on June 22, 2021, 09:03:42 AM
The Labour Party is not the party of people on benefits. It is, however, the party of dead expat pederast science fiction authors.

2021 - The Year We Lost Contact (with the electorate)

(or am I think of the wrong dead expat pederast science fiction author?)

greenman

The Three Laws of Centralist Optics

1.May not injury though action or inaction the back accounts of the wealthy

2.Must obey the commands of the right wing press

3.Must protect there own existence provided it doesn't breach the first and second laws

Buelligan

Right, that's enough dead expat pederast science fiction authors (You're all fired - Ed).

king_tubby

Starmer has 'reshuffled' Jenny Chapman.

The dirty old bollocks.

Johnny Yesno

Can someone post some links, please? These cryptic half references are fucking tedious.

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 22, 2021, 11:48:39 AM
That's old news. What's this sci-fi author stuff about?

Yes, I was enjoying laughing about Jenny Chapman/Keith
Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 22, 2021, 11:11:22 AMcryptic half references
which, if you remember the heady moments of that Shippers tweet, fit rather neatly together.

No idea about the expat pederast sci-fi authors, suspect people having a bit of fun for themselves may be at the bottom of it.  After all, times are hard these days and people must laugh where they can.

Buelligan

undeliberated

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 21, 2021, 04:37:50 PM
Why is it always Labour voters who are expected to vote Lib Dem for tactical voting rather than the other way around?

Christ, imagine being this FPTP-addled and two-party-minded.
Euthanasia case.

Buelligan