Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:05:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I don't get it...

Started by canadagoose, June 19, 2021, 08:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I think certain HR processes are designed to seek out human flowcharts, who just bimble through life from state to state.

Despite what organisations claim, they don't actually want independent thinkers, they're more like the borg really.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dusty Substance on June 28, 2021, 07:15:44 PM
Becoming a parent. Even as a kid I didn't like children. When I mentioned in my teens and 20s that I didn't ever want to become a parent I'd be patronisingly told that I'll change my mind one day. My mind didn't change in my 20s or 30s, now in my 40s I remain certain that I don't want kids. I don't get it.

A large part of my not wanting to have children is the fact that I fucking hated school and never want to have anything to do with schools ever again. It's bad enough when my werkplace asks for volunteers to do public engagement of science stuff in schools. The idea of the law commanding that I send the thing I love most in the world to one? Fuck that right into the edge of the observable universe.

I think I would rather work in telesales for the rest of my life than be a school teacher, seriously.

Icehaven

I've hardly ever been asked if I'm going to have kids or why I don't want them etc. I've taken this as tacit agreement that I would clearly be an abominable parent and that it's a good thing I've never wanted them. I think I'm just very obviously not a nurturing person, and no one's life should ever depend on me. No one's lunch should ever depend on me.