Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:49:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stupid questions you always wanted answering

Started by Mr_Simnock, September 05, 2019, 11:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the midnight watch baboon

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 27, 2019, 03:16:06 PM
It won't do any harm doing it straight on the plate, but you'll make the plate mucky.

But then I have to sully a side plate. And if I use the plate that everything's going to end up on, it will get all sweaty and ruin it ahead of the other dinner items being chucked on it :(

Sebastian Cobb

It's easier to clean a side plate than a microwave plate.

If you're real lazy you could use your dinner plate then wipe it with kitchen roll

Dex Sawash

Those exercise pants that go right up there (back bottom). Do they have a specific name for the style or whatever it is that makes them go right up there? Is it just a matter of properly adjusting normal exercise pants so they go right up there?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 30, 2019, 07:23:49 PM
Those exercise pants that go right up there (back bottom). Do they have a specific name for the style or whatever it is that makes them go right up there? Is it just a matter of properly adjusting normal exercise pants so they go right up there?

They're just normal exercise pants on unusually hungry arses.

Dex Sawash

Dex Sawash

Any tips on how to develop a more hungry arse?
Haven given up hope for a wardrobe solution since buzby hasn't weighed in.

touchingcloth

Why do my laptops - my work PC and personal Mac - both take longer to recognise an incorrect password than a correct one?

If I type my password in correctly I'm past the lock screen in the blink of an eye, but if I realise I've hit a correct character before automatically hitting enter, or manage to hit enter with bout typing anything at all, they both spend a few seconds having a think.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 31, 2019, 09:07:32 AM
Rate limiting.

Yeah I could see that after a couple of bodged efforts, but right out of the gate? Inconvenient, man, inconvenient.

Sebastian Cobb

Could be, especially with network auth where an api would have to track duff logins per client (which could be spoofed).

I know with drive encryption such as veracrypt, they intentionally don't expose how the key is encrypted, so it has to try every algorithm before giving up.

touchingcloth

What does a film distributer actually do? When you see Twentieth Century Fox on a film like Avatar, they weren't the production company so I assume they didn't actually make it, so why do they get the top billing in the credits as the distributer?

touchingcloth

In the triple jump, so the hop and the skip add something that mean the jump goes further than that in, say, the long jump, or are they just ridiculous hindrances?

NoSleep

Dunno, but it's included because the ancient Greeks had such an event.

Dex Sawash

Do the triple jump pants go right up there?

a duncandisorderly

am I alone in quite liking the sound of a hungry arse?

Lordofthefiles

This one is probably a bit beyond Busby but someone might be able to help...

How do pubes know when to stop growing?

Head hair just goes on and on forever until you're in The Guinness Book of Records, but pubes have a finite length (3 1/2 inches if you're lucky).

touchingcloth

Head hair doesn't grow forever does it? I thought most people had a maximum length they could get it to before it just starts to fall out, though obviously I'm a bald man so I'm no authority.

gib

I think that's right clothy. Pubes and head hair both have a mature length (stop it) it just happens that head hair gets longer.

Lordofthefiles

"The luxurious locks of Xie Qiuping (China) achieved the longest hair in the world on a female with a length of 5.62 m (18 ft 5 in), as verified on 8 May 2004."

That's quite the mature length for head hair.
No mention of her pubes though.

NoSleep

She only prays for head hair. And shaves her pubes.

Dex Sawash

touchingcloth

In trench warfare, where do the trenches come from?

If both sides arrive at the same time, the one who downs guns to pick up spades first would get wasted by the gunny side. If one side arrives first and digs a trench, the the other side shouldn't be able to build one because they get picked off while the other side hunker down in a lovely warm trench writing poems. How sweet and fitting it is to do shootin when you've got a trench.

Both sides ending up with functional trenches at the same time? Nah, can't see it. Fake news.

NJ Uncut

touchingcloth

Same argument. How are you digging down when the other side isn't? Either you both agree to stop shooting so you can both dig a trench, or one side digs a trench and the others can't start, or one side tries to dig while the other side takes pot shots. It's a big conspiracy.

NoSleep

Can't an army do more than one thing at a time? Manpower is no problem.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 05, 2019, 10:26:11 PM
Same argument. How are you digging down when the other side isn't? Either you both agree to stop shooting so you can both dig a trench, or one side digs a trench and the others can't start, or one side tries to dig while the other side takes pot shots. It's a big conspiracy.

As if you can't dig forward!!

Digging backwards is a lot sneakier though, if trickier

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 05, 2019, 10:19:22 PM
Once you dig down you can dig across

I often find the downs a bit easier than the acrosses, almost as if by the time he gets to them, the compiler is running out of steam & starts to chuck a few basic anagrams in.

oh.

touchingcloth

Quote from: NoSleep on November 06, 2019, 07:57:05 AM
Can't an army do more than one thing at a time? Manpower is no problem.

No. If they allowed wimmins to be shot at and blowed up, sure, but they don't.

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 06, 2019, 08:00:19 AM
As if you can't dig forward!!

If you're a Worms you can. If you're a human soldier, dig forward from where? Are boys fought the Germans in trenches at the Somme - you think we dug our way there from Kent, dream boy?

buzby

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 05, 2019, 10:17:36 PM
In trench warfare, where do the trenches come from?

If both sides arrive at the same time, the one who downs guns to pick up spades first would get wasted by the gunny side. If one side arrives first and digs a trench, the the other side shouldn't be able to build one because they get picked off while the other side hunker down in a lovely warm trench writing poems. How sweet and fitting it is to do shootin when you've got a trench.

Both sides ending up with functional trenches at the same time? Nah, can't see it. Fake news.

In WWI, following the Schlieffen Plan (which bypassed the French defences on the German border by attacking via Holland and Belgium) the Germans advanced rapidly through the Low Countries and north-eastern France until September 1914. They were advancing up the Marne valley east of Paris when a surprise attack by the French Army and British Expeditionary Forces (who had been routed by the Germans at the Battle of Mons in August) halted their advance and pushed them into a retreat.

The Germans dug in and created a defensive position that the Allies could not break through, so the Allies dug in as well to halt any counter-offensive from the Germans. The opposing trenches on the Western Front spread out from there via the Race To The Sea, a series of battles as both sides attempted outflanking manoeuvres on each other''s northern flanks which halted as they reached the North Sea coast in Belguim in October 1914. The battle lines and trenches that were laid out in those actions during the first couple of months of the war remained largely static until 1918, with both sides digging elaborate multi-layered defensive positions to counter any attacks and prevent a breakthrough.

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 06, 2019, 09:36:46 AM
If you're a Worms you can. If you're a human soldier, dig forward from where? Are boys fought the Germans in trenches at the Somme - you think we dug our way there from Kent, dream boy?
Both sides did attempt to dig forwards through no man's land to build observation and listening posts to spy on what the other side was doing. They also tunneled under no man's land to place huge explosive mines under each other's trenches to provide gaps that attackers could break through, though in the end the miners on each side ended up digging under each other to try and blow the other side's miners up.