Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I done a stupid

Started by Underturd, March 04, 2024, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underturd

So I was watching a thing on Netflix and they showed the New York skyline.  And it got me wondering if 9/11 made a load of people who worked in the Twin Towers feel scared about going to work there afterwards. Yeah, afterwards. So that was definitely me doing a stupid. Starting this thread might be a stupid too but there's only one way to find out.

Pink Gregory

what if all along it was only one tower and an enormous mirror

Underturd

Are you saying that David Blaine was involved?

Pink Gregory

maybe...two david blaines

Underturd

Three if you count the Pentagon!

Icehaven

If it makes you feel any better when I first heard about the 9/11 memorial and how it was going to be directly on the "footprint" of the towers I thought it meant it was going to be as deep as their height and I thought "blimey that'll be pretty dangerous, and probably a right suicide hotspot as well." Then I realised I was being very silly.

Jack Shaftoe

When satellite tv was first a thing and there was some article about BSB having its own news channel or whatever, me and my best mate both wondered aloud at the same time how they got the presenters up into the satellites, then a fraction of a second later tried to pretend neither of us were being serious, but it was too late. We weren't even drunk.

Underturd

These are the kind of things I'm talking about :-)

Blumf

Quote from: Underturd on March 04, 2024, 04:42:21 PMThree if you count the Pentagon!

And a David Copperfield prancing about by WTC 7.

Sebastian Cobb

Cobb yet again mentions he thought goats were male sheep up until he was about 28.

shoulders

Reports are coming in that a plane has struck a second stupid person

mjwilson

I thought that reindeer were fictional creatures until I was about 14.

I never transformed Optius Prime into his transformer form.  I just thought mum bought me a lorry.

Shaxberd

As a teenager, a flaw in my logic led to me believing the sexual term "spitroast" involved someone receiving a penis in each ear.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on March 04, 2024, 07:08:54 PMI never transformed Optius Prime into his transformer form.  I just thought mum bought me a lorry.

Love this.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I done a stupid once. She was pretty though.

popcorn

thinking on from that awful day after the anniversary yesterday, one thought has come to mind.

What happened to the planes and those onboard, once they were flown into the twin towers? I know this probably does sound silly and I'm so sorry if it comes across as ignorant, but I truly do not know, and the internet doesn't mention anything, either..

Did they come to a crash landing afterwards? Or did they continue flying? What actually happened to the plane and those poor souls on board?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: popcorn on March 04, 2024, 08:03:15 PMthinking on from that awful day after the anniversary yesterday, one thought has come to mind.

What happened to the planes and those onboard, once they were flown into the twin towers? I know this probably does sound silly and I'm so sorry if it comes across as ignorant, but I truly do not know, and the internet doesn't mention anything, either..

Did they come to a crash landing afterwards? Or did they continue flying? What actually happened to the plane and those poor souls on board?

One for the ages

popcorn

My favourite thing is the idea of the plane just carrying on intact and the passengers being like "what the FUCK was THAT"

Chollis

I didn't know why some eggs just had a nice tasty yolk and some had chicks in them until well into my teens

There's no proof that it was planes

Maybe the towers just toppled over

flotemysost

I once asked someone where the film/musical Chicago was set.

Mr Trumpet

I once confidently misidentified a stone sarcophagus in a museum as "an ancient Egyptian boat"

non capisco

Once phoned up directory enquiries and they went "Name?" and I said "Ross."

Maybe more naivety but in a CDT class at school when they had all old bits of newspaper to cover the tables I glimpsed a fragment off presumably some tabloid problem page that said "PREMATURE EJACULATION IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM" and I misunderstood what that meant and spent about a year worrying that I'd embarked on my wanking career at too young an age and that this was going to manifest itself in some kind of unknown but terrible biological complication. I finally put two and two together thanks to a joke on Only Fools and Horses at Boycie's expense.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Underturd on March 04, 2024, 03:54:51 PMSo I was watching a thing on Netflix and they showed the New York skyline.  And it got me wondering if 9/11 made a load of people who worked in the Twin Towers feel scared about going to work there afterwards. Yeah, afterwards. So that was definitely me doing a stupid. Starting this thread might be a stupid too but there's only one way to find out.

They should have felt scared about going to work there afterwards. A lot of them died due to asbestos dust.

popcorn

Quote from: non capisco on March 04, 2024, 10:18:03 PMOnce phoned up directory enquiries and they went "Name?" and I said "Ross."

LETTING AGENT: Do you have any pets or children?
ME: Neither.
LETTING AGENT: Yeah or no?

Zero Gravitas

I can't imagine the other side of the moon not being dark.

bgmnts

Quote from: popcorn on March 04, 2024, 09:18:26 PMMy favourite thing is the idea of the plane just carrying on intact and the passengers being like "what the FUCK was THAT"

Absolutely love this. Not even a hijacking, just a pissed up pilot passing it off as severe turbulence.

Poobum

Waving at all the confused office folk now perched on the wing. Guy behind his desk chatting away on the phone taking a good ten seconds to notice he's wedged in the flappy bits.

Dex Sawash

Posted in wrong thread

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 04, 2024, 10:40:34 PMThere's a very annoying Pure Prarie League song, something something, wut u wanna do, I think I could something something, etc.

Riding in car with wife it was on radio, I snapped and said I hate this fucking song turned off radio. Turns out she was standing right behind methat song has the same name as my wife.