Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:29:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What Non-New Films Have You Seen? (2023 Edition)

Started by zomgmouse, January 01, 2023, 11:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I much prefer JB, as I really like Grier and Forster but it clearly overshadowed it, I don't think out of sight is a bad film.

dissolute ocelot

Even if you cast Pam Grier and Robert Forster in place of Jennifer Lopez and George Clooney in what was otherwise exactly the same film, the result would be completely different. In one case you've got two slightly-faded once-famousish actors now getting on in years, and in the other the biggest stars in the world. Which would you rather watch, because either choice is valid. But they are all good actors (even J Lo).

Sebastian Cobb

Well quite.

I don't think J-Lo is a bad actor tbh. This is one of the few roles where she does something good though. U-Turn and Anaconda are shit but it's got very little to do with her.

Out of all of them I'd probably say Clooney is the worst just because he's coasting on his handsome grinning charm.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 01, 2024, 05:27:02 PMI feel completely the opposite. "Out Of Sight" is twice the movie "Jackie Brown" is.

Agree

jfjnpxmy

oh fuck there's a new thread isn't there. Boy is MY face red

Mobius

Sonny_Jim

Watched Frankenhooker last night, really enjoyed it.  I'm slowly making my way through Frank Henenlotters films after seeing RLM Jay recommend Bad Biology.  I love the cast in his films, they all feel so 'real' and unfiltered.  Available on Tubi4/5