Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darts 23/24

Started by bgmnts, November 14, 2023, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Plot twist: his birth certificate comes out and he was born in 1952.

Blue Jam

I know it's late but you all need to see this bit of earth-shattering local news:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/luke-littlers-nan-given-time-28381275

Spoiler alert
Delightfully misleading URL too.
[close]

BeardFaceMan

I worry they're giving him too much too soon by putting Littler in the Premier League, if he struggles with the format (and travelling and attention and media etc) at all it could really set him back. The PDC and Sky are just creaming in their pants that darts is actually getting some positive mainstream coverage, they need to be careful with how they handle this situation.

Kankurette

From the Upshot:
QuoteLuke Littler's local kebab shop has named a meal deal after him.

lankyguy95

The 16 year old wins the Bahrain Masters, beating Michael Van Gerwen 8-5 in the final, having already hit a nine-darter in the quarters.

Indomitable Spirit

Deffo seen one of these on sale in Homesense for £39.99

FYI, MVG got a slightly smaller palm tree and was clearly fuming.

Blue Jam

Luke Littler turns 17 on Sunday. I hope he enjoys a bit of laserquest followed by a trip to Pizza Hut.

Nah, he'll probably be picking up the keys to his first Ferrari. Fair dos.

Blue Jam

Heads-up that BBC4 are doing a bit of a darts night for Easter Sunday. FUCK YEAH:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6b/2024/03/31

QuoteBullseyes and Beer: When Darts Hit Britain
(Timeshift Series 14 Episode 3 of 6)
How a traditional working-class pub game became a national obsession during the 1970s and 80s, and how television played a key role in elevating its players into household names.

Jocky Wilson Said
Rare archive footage and Jocky Wilson's own words tell the story of the rise and fall of a cult Scottish sportman. Featuring interviews with his friends and darts contemporaries.

Arrows with Eric Bristow
1979 film following rising darts star Eric Bristow as he travels around the pubs and working men's clubs of Britain, challenging the local heroes and playing exhibition matches.

Rounded off with the slightly-related:

QuoteThe History of Pubs
(Timeshift)
The pub has been a cornerstone of British society since medieval times. But in the past 50 years the pub has undergone massive change. Narrated by Arthur Smith.

dr beat

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 19, 2024, 09:29:05 PMLuke Littler turns 17 on Sunday. I hope he enjoys a bit of laserquest followed by a trip to Pizza Hut.

Nah, he'll probably be picking up the keys to his first Ferrari. Fair dos.

Good luck with keeping a Ferrari in Runcorn.

Blue Jam

QuoteBullseyes and Beer: When Darts Hit Britain

This is ace.

Blue Jam

(why the eff is Martin Amis in this?)

Steve Faeces

I assume because of his novel London Fields in which the character Keith Talent is a darts player. Still a bit weird. It's funny that he's filmed with a book on his lap. Just in case anyone was confused by the introduction of "novelist Martin Amis."

Great programme, half way in and really enjoying this. Eight million watched Bristow Vs George at the 1980 worlds.