Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:41:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeopardy UK with Stephen Fry

Started by Blumf, January 04, 2024, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: jobotic on January 11, 2024, 09:32:27 PMYeah I saw one episode and the winner comes back. So then what? How do you win?

If the US series is to be believed, you win by being on it so often that you eventually become the host.

Mobbd

Quote from: jobotic on January 11, 2024, 09:32:27 PMYeah I saw one episode and the winner comes back. So then what? How do you win?

You have to defeat the champ. You do this by answering the questions quickly and correctly (obvs) but there's a lot of fast-minded strategy involved too. In particular, the gambles on the Daily Double squares and in the Final Jeopardy round change players' fortunes quite dramatically.

Mobbd

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 11, 2024, 10:20:00 PMIf the US series is to be believed, you win by being on it so often that you eventually become the host.

Yeah, that did piss me off a bit. I liked watching him as a contestant but I'm pissed that he became host. I would have preferred LaForge or Blossom in all seriousness.

beanheadmcginty

The Late Satoru Iwata

Oh, Nobody

Friday's episode had a "What is Miso" question which I'm choosing to take as an intentional reference to SNL Jeopardy.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 04, 2024, 12:09:31 PMMaybe Fry should have revived The Price is Right.

Nah mate, only a re-reboot of Supermarket Sweep can bring the Fry Sparkle back now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on January 14, 2024, 07:48:15 AMNah mate, only a re-reboot of Supermarket Sweep can bring the Fry Sparkle back now.

Rylan hosts that now

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 14, 2024, 09:26:50 AMRylan hosts that now

That's because Rylan is Stephen Fry for the Tik Tok generation.

There's no threat that Rylan could outsmart your average teenager... that right babe?

The Late Satoru Iwata

For Fry you need something like a reboot of Ask the Family.

gilbertharding

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 14, 2024, 04:09:13 PMFor Fry you need something like a reboot of Ask the Family.

I used to love/hate that as a kid. The families looked quite a lot like mine, and I think my dad and brother would have got on quite well, but I'm guessing the kids were all hot-housed oddities. The satire of it on NtNoCN (Not the Nine O'Clock News) was perfect.

I remember ABoF&L (A Bit of Fry and Laurie) doing a Robert Robinson sketch, but it was Call My Bluff (CMB).

Grew up to really quite like Robinson - I listened to his last few series of Brain of Britain specifically because I knew his demise would be soon (he'd returned to it after a period away due to illness, I think), and would signal the end of an era. Don't bother now the presenter addresses the contestants by their first names.