Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trans Mania: Graham Linehan is an Obsessive Transphobe

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 22, 2024, 08:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Does Chortle hold sway over comedy commissioning?

phes

Let's not pretend that Graham had any idea what the hell was going on even back when he got work.

EggsLikeABird

I had a flick through his book in Waterstones the other week, and the part I turned to was him banging on about his Dad saying some suspect things about abortion and mortifying him by using the term "the gay agenda."

Fuck, we all have Dads who are a bit backward. No need to out him in your book like they are some twitter troll.

g0m

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 28, 2024, 10:37:25 AMIt's a condition known as Big Irish Head. That's not me being flippant or doing a bit, it's an observable phenomenon. Some Irish people (mostly men) have big Irish heads on em.

that's right. i'm getting gender-affirming surgery to shrink my head in june

daf

"The bloke who runs Chortle is a smelly bum and a big reason comedy is in the state it's in."

dontpaintyourteeth

they're DEFLATING KIDS HEADS and does JOE PASQUALE have anything to say about it? Of course not, he's ignoring a medical scandal

Noakes

wonka juicing blue children is bobblehead erasure, or something

BritishHobo

The replies to that tweet are full of that kind of depressing "There's been no good comedy since Peep Show!" attitide you get from people who are too arrogant to realise that's because they haven't engaged with comedy since Peep Show. All trapped in the same bubble, thinking their personal opinions are facts.

Juan K Perros

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 28, 2024, 04:49:36 PMthey're DEFLATING KIDS HEADS and does JOE PASQUALE have anything to say about it? Of course not, he's ignoring a medical scandal

He actually did but the air coming out the heads and his voice were exactly the same pitch, so whatever it was only he knows.

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Kankurette on March 28, 2024, 05:46:54 PMWait, what? Aren't Chortle on his side?

I don't think Graham even knows for sure if Graham is on his side. He has all the cognitive coherence of a mollusc.

Dr M1nx PhD

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on March 28, 2024, 06:05:54 PMI don't think Graham even knows for sure if Graham is on his side. He has all the cognitive coherence of a mollusc.

Hugely unfair to molluscs, that. Octopi/uses are dead clever.

lazyhour

Quote from: EggsLikeABird on March 28, 2024, 04:20:37 PMI had a flick through his book in Waterstones the other week, and the part I turned to was him banging on about his Dad saying some suspect things about abortion and mortifying him by using the term "the gay agenda."

So presumably he could recognise that his dad was wrong to think there was a "gay agenda", but BC is right to think there is a "trans agenda"?

SpiderChrist

Quote from: lazyhour on March 28, 2024, 07:54:59 PMSo presumably he could recognise that his dad was wrong to think there was a "gay agenda", but BC is right to think there is a "trans agenda"?

Clearly the apple doesn't fall far from the cunt tree

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: lazyhour on March 28, 2024, 07:54:59 PMSo presumably he could recognise that his dad was wrong to think there was a "gay agenda", but BC is right to think there is a "trans agenda"?

No. See, Graham now understands why his dad went to church every day, and it's because his dad was right all along. He regrets not being able to see just how right his dad was.

I mean, his dad might just have wanted to get some respite. Maybe just 'nipped out for a pint'.

Mx Wrongs

Police Scotland have given a list of 3rd party organisations that can record details of hate crimes.

Graham's got his knickers in a twist because apparently one of them is a sex shop. It seems to be quite well regarded.

Some of them are also fucking churches, Graham. And some are fucking mosques. One of them is even a fucking shopmobility. It's almost as if 3rd parties have been chosen to provide a range of places that people might feel comfortable using.

Kankurette

Cold Meat Platter

Noakes

Mx Wrongs

http://archive.today/2024.03.27-124956/https://thecritic.co.uk/leaving-kindland-entering-reality/

Quote from: Nicky ClarkWhen I argued with Graham Linehan online and he raged at me about surgically transitioned kids and lesbians being told they needed to sleep with genitally male trans women, I genuinely thought he'd lost his mind.

None of that could be true, I reasoned. Gay men and lesbians had fought for their settled rights and they'd won them. So what was he on about, I thought, self soothingly.

<What got edited out here???>

But the question for me remains. Is there any such thing as a trans child?

Maybe it was "Turns out he had in fact lost his mind, but the question for me remains..."

canadagoose

What's with The Critic's logo?

A smug, shit-eating Amazon logo for a mouth, a distorted Lothian Buses logo on its arm, and a fox's head. What does it signify, other than the Platonic ideal of "shitcunt"?

Edit: And I see Clark is doing the usual thing of pretending bisexuality doesn't exist, when it's the most common sexuality for trans people, from what I've seen. Funny how trans kids are just "confused gays and lesbians" but adult trans people (mainly women) are "spicy straights".

Kankurette

I thought we weren't supposed to mention her here?

Catalogue Trousers

Glinner just needs a thumpin' good wank. And maybe a chilled-out laqer or two.

McFlymo

phantom_power

I am sure they would accept that gay kids exist so why is it such a leap to think trans kids exist as well? And why don't they actually do some research into what happens to kids who think they might be trans rather than reading biased reports and catastrophising?