Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:44:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bluesky invite codes

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 23, 2023, 11:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Knock yourselves out

bsky-social-hqqfx-hvcdo

Gone

Two Headed Sex Beast

I have one too - send a message if you'd like it!

non capisco

Got some more to give away and also if you're on there already chuck me a follow why don't you - https://bsky.app/profile/isthisross.bsky.social

I should probably give this place a concerted try instead of Musk's Cunt Hive.

Jerzy Bondov

cant give these fucking things away now!

Uncle TechTip

Is there much happening on bluesky?

touchingcloth

After ten years of struggling, I've just managed to climb out of the tank at the old sewage treatment plant. Does anyone have a key to let me into the new cesspit?

niat

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 13, 2023, 10:35:13 AMAfter ten years of struggling, I've just managed to climb out of the tank at the old sewage treatment plant. Does anyone have a key to let me into the new cesspit?

I've got one if you DM me.

touchingcloth

selectivememory

I'm in the market for a code if anyone has one going. Definitely feels like it's past time to get the fuck off Twitter. Cheers.

edit: all sorted!

touchingcloth

So what are the rules for this, and what day are we on?

I'm not around most of the day so can someone please deal with my vote player ELON when the time is right?

Thursday

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on October 13, 2023, 09:46:15 AMcant give these fucking things away now!

Yeah same, I can only conclude that EVERYONE is on bluesky now.

FalseRodHull

I'm keen to rot my brain in a slightly different way, can anyone help me out?

Pranet

I have some more codes if anyone wants one. I don't know if they go off after a while. I don't want to be reduced to offering them to people I know in real life. DM me if you want one.

I too have a few codes available, just shoot me a DM
edit: gorn!

Ambient Sheep

I had a few, but my Bluesky has broken. :-(

When I load it up (on the Android app), I get "Connecting..." and the buffering circle for a second or two, then it comes up with "Unable to connect. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Been like this for a couple of weeks now.  Needless to say, I do have internet.  Checked app permissions.  Made extra space on the phone.  Googling unhelpful (nobody else seems to be having this problem).  No app update available.

Heaven forbid, I might actually have to email their support, unless anyone here has any ideas...

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 30, 2023, 05:26:01 PMI had a few, but my Bluesky has broken. :-(

When I load it up (on the Android app), I get "Connecting..." and the buffering circle for a second or two, then it comes up with "Unable to connect. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Been like this for a couple of weeks now.  Needless to say, I do have internet.  Checked app permissions.  Made extra space on the phone.  Googling unhelpful (nobody else seems to be having this problem).  No app update available.

Heaven forbid, I might actually have to email their support, unless anyone here has any ideas...

You've probably already tried, but what do you get if you try and login via a mobile browser or on a desktop?

Red82

I'm on there now thanks to Extraordinary Walnuts.  Is it just a more exclusive Twitter?  I followed a few celebs and interesting looking Scientists.

dontpaintyourteeth

dontpaintyourteeth

Old Nehamkin

Ambient Sheep

Sorry, but please don't do that, it risks them being snapped up by bots, and I'm pretty sure that hiding them behind a spoiler tag won't stop that.

Thursday

I think it's fine as they've not been posted as text.

Jerzy Bondov

I've still got loads of invites, only stipulation is you have to follow me and laugh at my comics

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Thursday on December 01, 2023, 01:35:44 AMI think it's fine as they've not been posted as text.

True, I hadn't thought of that.

Hopefully they don't go as far as OCR...

Had a couple of invites showing on my profile the other day, but they've since disappeared for some reason.

I've really tried with BlueSky but it just isn't doing anything for me at the minute.

The fact that your timeline shows you countless conversations between people you are following and people you definitely aren't, coupled with the fact that it's very slow and doesn't allow posting of videos or GIFs means I'm not really using it much.

X is obviously a terrible place to be hanging around in, but it does seem to have slightly more going for it that BlueSky at the moment.

(I'm https://bsky.app/profile/alreadytaken74.bsky.social in the unlikely event you;d actually wish to follow me on there.)

Thursday

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on December 01, 2023, 10:12:49 PMHad a couple of invites showing on my profile the other day, but they've since disappeared for some reason.

I've really tried with BlueSky but it just isn't doing anything for me at the minute.

The fact that your timeline shows you countless conversations between people you are following and people you definitely aren't, coupled with the fact that it's very slow and doesn't allow posting of videos or GIFs means I'm not really using it much.

You can change this now in settings > home feed preferences and set reply filters to followed users only.

From my point of view it seemed to be building momentum, and then slowed down. Somewhat understandably they probably don't have that many devs yet and probably not the cashflow to expand, but they seem to be prioritizing some odd things.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Thursday on December 02, 2023, 12:33:16 AMYou can change this now in settings > home feed preferences and set reply filters to followed users only.

Genuine thanks for this. It's already improved tenfold

Also if we're dropping @s mine is https://bsky.app/profile/insecthoofs.bsky.social

Incy Wincy Mincey

I've got some if anyone is still looking. PM me.