Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Bullshit / Re: Theresa May: The Final Days
« Last post by biggytitbo on Today at 02:10:19 PM »
I doubt from inside that bubble she actually sees it like we do observing from the outside though. Spending her entire existence moving from one meeting to another, surrounded by advisors, never having a second to stop. And of course the unshakeable belief in our own righteousness that psychopaths have. Plenty of PMs been in a worse position and when have any of them ever resigned? Wilson is the only one I can think of but that wasnt because everyone thought he was shit.
Picture Box / Re: Wrestling Thread: the New Generation
« Last post by Timothy on Today at 02:08:04 PM »
Except people want to see Ronda vs. Becky whereas nobody ever really anticipated an Alexa or Carmella match.

Im not that bothered about becky vs ronda because becky is quite a boring champ where I was always entertained by Carmella and really enjoyed Alexas reign. Becky has no character. Imo she is the female version of Finn. Great in ring, dull otherwise.
attention seeking bollocks.....and i mean the thread not the art
« Last post by slapasoldier on Today at 02:07:42 PM »
Is there a word for admiration but not in a good way, like you still think the person is an awful individual?

Because that's kind of how I feel about Theresa May clinging on to power. Got to hand it to her, not many people could put up with this relentless shit from her own ranks and still stay in the job. I'd have certainly thrown in the towel by now if I was in her shoes.

So I kind of admire that, but not admire her. Does that make sense? Or is this just the first sign of my slow descent into becoming a fully fledged Tory 10 years from now? Fuck.

If it makes you feel any better, I think you can withhold your admiration because she isn't really in such a difficult position at all. She knows she just has to ride it out, let Corbyn be Corbyn and she and the Tories will pull through this again, like they did after the GE. Just remember that period after the GE when Labour were unified, ahead in he polls, and Corbyn got a huge popularity boost. Even if that happens again because of Brexit, it wont last long because Corbyn will fuck it up.
« Last post by MoonDust on Today at 02:07:29 PM »
Aye all true. Read also the hollow phrase "national interest". Which basically means the interest of the rich and big business.

Certainly doesn't mean your average citizen.
« Last post by Johnny Yesno on Today at 02:06:10 PM »
Is there a word for admiration but not in a good way, like you still think the person is an awful individual?

Because that's kind of how I feel about Theresa May clinging on to power. Got to hand it to her, not many people could put up with this relentless shit from her own ranks and still stay in the job. I'd have certainly thrown in the towel by now if I was in her shoes.

So I kind of admire that, but not admire her. Does that make sense? Or is this just the first sign of my slow descent into becoming a fully fledged Tory 10 years from now? Fuck.

I just view this shower of cunts the way I view the royals. It's not for you.

This is a war among the rich and they are in the middle of having a carve-up of our country. They wouldn't even notice you unless they could use your body as a shield.
« Last post by Quote on Today at 02:05:28 PM »
Her cockroach like instinct for survival is kind of admirable I agree. It’s doing her, her party and country no favours but the sheer grim determination to hang on is weirdly engrossing.

Like a stubborn pheasant who somehow survives the initial impact and makes you go back with a tire iron to finish the job.
« Last post by pancreas on Today at 02:05:08 PM »

grudging respect?
« Last post by biggytitbo on Today at 02:04:13 PM »
Thats the hot take many in the press who oppose her have taken today. Not sure if its patronising to her or just paving the way to recommending her bodged deal as the best option in the 'national interest'.
They targeted Heidecker because Sam Hyde was a big fan, and modelled his sketches on the esthetics of Tim & Eric, injecting some of his politics into it. When Heidecker rejected him, there was some obvious rage from Hyde, and it came around the time the show was cancelled. These guys are all about making easy connections and easy blaming. If Heidecker voiced his opinion, he's responsible for the cancellation. If Gelman complained about such a show being broadcast at Adult Swim, the Jews did it. If it was cancelled shortly after Trump was elected, it's because Turner, the Time Warner liberal subsidiary that also owns CNN, forced Adult Swim to do it, etc.

From what I've read, almost everybody at Adult Swim hated the show and regarded it as alt-right propaganda. But a first season was ordered and broadcast because Mike Lazzo, the head of the network, enjoyed it, and he picks programs single-handedly (he's also the guy responsible for most of your favourite shows there). It took the others a lot of efforts for him to finally see the light.

Also, it may be true that a second season was in talks, but I doubt that it had been even informally approved or promised. Adult Swim, from what I've heard, has its own way for renewals and cancellation, due to Lazzo. Showrunners come up with a pitch for a new season. If they make him laugh, he orders the season and they ink a deal. Otherwise, few shows are downright cancelled technically. They just go into hiatus. And the claim that the group was ready for 100 episodes is a typical grand story by Hyde, who can't even get a good single idea in one episode.

Actually, my curiosity for the anti-semitic sketch you mentioned made me watch this finale and exposed me to material by MDE. The sketch was not in it. If it is "Jews Rock!", it's apparently in the second episode. It was an immensely unfunny experience. It's always the same pattern. They take something that's supposed be PC and liberal, and show (or more accurately tell) it is crazy and ridiculous, using the style of Tim & Eric shows. It's not comedy, it's finger-pointing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10