Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chart Music Podcast

Started by DrGreggles, September 05, 2017, 07:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

PS Neil Kulkarni's wife has apparently just died. I don't know if she'd been ill or anything but he's posted about it on Facebook. The poor bloke sounds absolutely devastated.

Fucking hell, gutted for the bloke.

non capisco

Ah shit, that's horrible news.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Jockice on August 16, 2018, 10:26:03 PM
PS Neil Kulkarni's wife has apparently just died. I don't know if she'd been ill or anything but he's posted about it on Facebook. The poor bloke sounds absolutely devastated.

Jesus. I love his writing. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Crabwalk

Oh no, that's absolutely terrible. Shit.

Brundle-Fly

Through the podcast, you feel like you're getting to know these people as old acquaintances which of course they're not but this is very sad. Hope NK copes alright, he must be in pieces.

dr beat

So sorry to hear about this, all thoughts with Neil and family.

yesitsme

That's terribe news.  What a shame.

Seems a bit horrible to put in the same thread now I've read the above but I was at the gym this morning and literally nearly fell off the treadmill laughing at the Our Tune of Bummer Dog.

We too had a 'Bummer Dog' (though we didn't call him that obv.) he used to come on to our park and terrorise us all.  Big golden retriever he was.

I'm sure it's where I get my hatred of dogs and their owners from.

But still, the Our Tune, yes.  Fantastic.  I had to stop running, compose myself and wait till the whole story had played out.

#bummerdog #metoo

DrGreggles

David Stubbs' book is excellent BTW.
It was my reading material when I was in Edinburgh. Flew through it.

DrGreggles

Chart Music posted:

Chart Music #30: Soon
Aiming to get this one out at the end of the week, Pop-Crazed Youngsters. The only thing we'll say about it is that it's one of the important ones...

kidsick5000

Epic Bisto

It might be a Bowie show. Or a T-Rex show. Or a Joy Sarney show.

DrGreggles

Neomod

Brundle-Fly

When Bis were the first unsigned band to perform on TOTP?

DrGreggles

If Al classes it as important it might be hip hop heavy or have Sly Stone on or something like that.
Or Two Man Sound again...

Brundle-Fly

Maybe they're going to tackle a Savile episode, tackle the darkside of TOTP head on and finally get it out the way?

The week Vanilla performed No Way No Way.

Anyway, we'll find out Friday. Al said the new episode is out then.

Uncle TechTip

Who have they not coated down yet? U2?

Fabian Thomsett

It's the legendary episode where Sting mimed bass behind Jimmy Nail doing Cowboy Dreams.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 29, 2018, 05:46:03 PM
If Al classes it as important it might be hip hop heavy or have Sly Stone on or something like that.
Or Two Man Sound again...

Just for old time's sake, here's Captain John Belushi Caveman in his manic kaftan pomp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQBDuPbC7s

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 29, 2018, 05:54:48 PM
Maybe they're going to tackle a Savile episode, tackle the darkside of TOTP head on and finally get it out the way?

That was my inference, or maybe the 1000th episode (5/5/83) where he has a minor role IIRC.

Al's said on Twitter that the show tomorrow features one of Taylor's favourite eras.

DrGreggles

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on August 30, 2018, 07:56:44 PM
Al's said on Twitter that the show tomorrow features one of Taylor's favourite eras.

79-81?
I'm hoping to finally hear Taylor let loose on Toyah (who he apparently hates more than BA Robertson!).

Not sure how sarcastic he was being about it being a favourite era. Could well be 90s again.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on August 30, 2018, 08:20:05 PM
. Could well be 90s again.

Pricey puts his back out again getting the crate of Melody Makers off the top of his wardrobe.

dr beat

I want to hear more from the Simon Says column.

non capisco

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 30, 2018, 08:19:00 PM
I'm hoping to finally hear Taylor let loose on Toyah (who he apparently hates more than BA Robertson!).

I was watching some old '79 episodes of TOTP the other night and BA Robertson pitched up with some horrible smug bag of drivel called 'I Knocked It Off' or something. Utterly wretched piece of cultural detritus, I'm 100% with Eeyore Parkes on this one. He sounds exactly like Rod Hull in the chorus.

Neomod

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 30, 2018, 08:19:00 PM
79-81?

Kin' ell Taylor. Choose your targets mate. Robertson was a arse, she's harmless.

AND she got me Imperial Wizard on blue vinyl from James Bungard in exchange for this poster.

The Roofdog

I didn't even know who BA Robertson was before I started listening to Chart Music so this podcast isn't all good.