Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:22:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So Solid Corbs - 21 Deselections To Go

Started by Johnny Yesno, August 27, 2018, 08:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Artemisia Gentileschi, I think you'll find.

biggytitbo

Listening to her horrendous grovelling speech to a pro Israel group, and her pathetic Russia baiting yesterday, makes me think Emily Thornberry would very much be a labour foreign secretary who would take us into another illegal war.

Cuellar

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 25, 2018, 11:15:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/155710354774360/posts/734347640243959/

Have you seen this yet? A tv crew turn up with a gimmick. A box of cupcakes with the faces of three potential female leaders. Three white ones. Then they arrive at a stall ran by two young black women.

Haha, love the various looks down the lens from her on the right. Very The Office.

Pdine

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 26, 2018, 08:19:08 AM
Guardian spin a bomb hoax that prevented the screening at a pro Corbyn event of film about the fake antisemitism crisis in labour as another example of antisemitism in labour - https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/09/pro-israeli-terror-at-labour-conference-covered-up-by-msm/

Absolutely unbelievable inversion of reality yet again.

The Guardian story is deeply suspect, but Murray is being a fucking hypocrite by failing to note himself that the Guardian story concludes the bomb threat was anti-semitic because of the reported wording of the threat:

Quote"About 7.15pm, they called," said organiser Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi. "We had started showing the film shortly before 7pm. The girl (on reception) answered and he said: 'Is there a Jewish event going on?'

"He said: 'It is a big Jewish event and I want to tell you that there are two bombs that will kill many people in the building.'" Wimborne-Idrissi said the man then abruptly put down the phone.

Murray not mentioning this is the exact mirror image of The Guardian not mentioning that JVFL is a pro-Corbyn group showing a film that argues the anti-semitism row is overblown. Fuck them both.

NoSleep

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 26, 2018, 09:09:28 AM
Listening to her horrendous grovelling speech to a pro Israel group, and her pathetic Russia baiting yesterday, makes me think Emily Thornberry would very much be a labour foreign secretary who would take us into another illegal war.

Thornberry's famous tweet (about the flag-covered house and van) still damns her in the eye of many.... I've heard real vitriol about her from random people making her the horse most likely to replace Abbott as favourite leftie hate figure.

On the subject of potentially traitorous future Labour leaders, Starmer is perpetually furtive and looks like a damaged thumb.

Barry Gardner yesterday.

biggytitbo

Starmer has Blairism centrism written all through him too. Still seems even now, minus Corbyn and McDonnell, the PLP are the same old types everyone is sick of.

Replies From View

Buelligan

Sorry, I'm a veggie, you know we can't look at that kind of thing.

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on September 26, 2018, 10:17:50 AM
On the subject of potentially traitorous future Labour leaders, Starmer is perpetually furtive and looks like a damaged thumb.

Barry Gardner yesterday.

Heheh, yes.  And completely agree about Starmer, I just don't know what it is and I put my hands up absolutely and admit that's insane and unfair but there is something about that lad that cries to me For crissakes, keep your bargepole sheathed in screaming bloodstained letters every single time I see or think of him.

JOB is plumbing new depths on Jezza-bashing this morning, excruciatingly smug. What he doesn't seem to get is that any white van man tuning into it will be drawn to Corbs by the very fact JOB hates him so much.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 26, 2018, 10:29:42 AM
minus Corbyn and McDonnell, the PLP are the same old types everyone is sick of.

Yes and no. There are a dozen + unexpected lefties at the top table.... Thanks to the various chicken-coups, Corbyn was able to appoint then inexperienced MPs who wanted to be there.

+

The 'Sir' Keir Starmer thang doesn't help..... And he looks like a damaged, guilty thumb desperate to confess to a hideous thumbtastic crime.

Paul Calf

We're supposed to think he's radical because he's called Keir, I think.

Neville Chamberlain

Sorry if I've missed something, but why is Keir Starmer suddenly attracting so much suspicion...?

olliebean

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 25, 2018, 11:15:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/155710354774360/posts/734347640243959/

Have you seen this yet? A tv crew turn up with a gimmick. A box of cupcakes with the faces of three potential female leaders. Three white ones. Then they arrive at a stall ran by two young black women.

Yep, that was the BBC's Politics Live making an arse of itself.

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 26, 2018, 11:16:57 AM
We're supposed to think he's radical because he's called Keir, I think.

Show me a Keir and I won't have a problem with that, no problem.  It's not the title, even the Sir is like a cherry on top of a decision already long made.   

No, this runs deeper, a lot deeper, than that.  I hinted at it earlier, I'll say it again more plainly, there are those who are not natural walking amongst us.  Darkness is moving in the shadow of the wood.  We must place our lips upon the horn and sound the alarm. 

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on September 26, 2018, 11:20:02 AM
Sorry if I've missed something, but why is Keir Starmer suddenly attracting so much suspicion...?

Fucking hell, they've got Nev!

Fambo Number Mive

Why just not go for cakes and just have a list of all the women MPs in the Labour Party and people can put a dot next to the one they would support? Why whittle it down to three?

I mean Abbott is in one of the highest offices in the Labour Party, she would be a natural candidate.

At least list all the women in the Shadow Cabinet.

Buelligan

Because they're racists.  And probably sexist too, when was the last time you saw a Boris Johnson cupcake?

bgmnts

Doesn't almost everyone in Britain hate Diane Abbott?

Cuellar

Yes, but you can't deny that she's a senior figure and more than worthy of inclusion in a 'potential leaders' list.

Pdine

Quote from: Cuellar on September 26, 2018, 11:44:43 AM
Yes, but you can't deny that she's a senior figure and more than worthy of inclusion in a 'potential leaders' list.

Surely the selective school thing has effectively done for her as a potential leader?

Cuellar

Perhaps, probably not the worst thing a party leader has done though.

Pdine

Quote from: Cuellar on September 26, 2018, 11:49:37 AM
Perhaps, probably not the worst thing a party leader has done though.

Certainly not as incriminating as Corbyn's time in the Baader-Meinhof Group.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Buelligan on September 26, 2018, 11:26:59 AM
Because they're racists.  And probably sexist too, when was the last time you saw a Boris Johnson cupcake?

He is a cupcake though.

biggytitbo

Quote from: bgmnts on September 26, 2018, 11:40:14 AM
Doesn't almost everyone in Britain hate Diane Abbott?

I think Diane Abbott is often treated abominably but that said, she is a bit crap. I don't think she warrants a ministerial position, let alone the top job, based on talent alone.

biggytitbo

It's a very good point that if the bomb threat incident which hardly any msm has reported on was against the Labour Friends of Israel we would not be hearing the end of it right now.

Cuellar

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 26, 2018, 11:59:56 AM

I think Diane Abbott is often treated abominably but that said, she is a bit crap. I don't think she warrants a ministerial position, let alone the top job, based on talent alone.

Yes indeed.

pancreas

Quote from: biggytitbo on September 26, 2018, 11:59:56 AM

Unfortunately I do tend to agree with this. Her speaking voice is a lisping mess. She seems to be hopeless with numbers, and while it's a stupid game making politicians remember numbers, she doesn't even seem to remember the order of magnitude of things she's talking about. She also struggles to put real emotion behind what she's saying, so the effect is that she comes across as vague and insincere. I think she's got real humanity behind her, and I think she'd really struggle to do the wrong thing as a home sec—that would be a nice change for once. Maybe she can just be suppressed during whatever election takes place. God knows May managed to do it for long enough.

poodlefaker

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on September 26, 2018, 11:20:02 AM
It's the hair, I think. Too thick, too lustrous. There was a nice bit on C4 news last night where he was evading the Crick backstage (who wouldn't?) and tried to hide in a toilet. A flustered PA rushed out and said "There's someone in their".

Paul Calf

Quote from: pancreas on September 26, 2018, 12:15:48 PM
Unfortunately I do tend to agree with this. Her speaking voice is a lisping mess. She seems to be hopeless with numbers, and while it's a stupid game making politicians remember numbers, she doesn't even seem to remember the order of magnitude of things she's talking about. She also struggles to put real emotion behind what she's saying, so the effect is that she comes across as vague and insincere. I think she's got real humanity behind her, and I think she'd really struggle to do the wrong thing as a home sec—that would be a nice change for once. Maybe she can just be suppressed during whatever election takes place. God knows May managed to do it for long enough.

Home secretaries are supposed to be hated arseholes though. Can you remember a HS who was popular and generally liked outside their constituency and the hang-em-and-flog-em cunts who write into the gutters?

The received wisdom is the role is terrible preparation for stepping up as Prime Minister, and I think we've seen some evidence for that.