Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:01:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester Meet Sat 22nd September - Sandbar - Midday Onwards

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, September 15, 2018, 12:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

And, as predicted I find myself ALONE before even 22:00. Well fuck you all.

Kelvin

I'll write more tmw, as I'm knackered and need sleep, but just wanted to thank you all for a lovely afternoon, and a mutually beneficial exchange of magnesium.

Jockice

I'm in bed waiting for Match Of The Day. As usual I left it too late. Next time maybe.

tookish

Norton Canes

pancreas

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 22, 2018, 10:45:54 PM
59cm, pancreas. Very impressive.

Well, I didn't want to give your daughter more than she could handle.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Went to the Circus Tavern afterwards. That place is a proper good laugh. Even the tacky decor hasn't managed to spoil it significantly.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Kelvin on September 22, 2018, 10:16:50 PM
I'll write more tmw, as I'm knackered and need sleep, but just wanted to thank you all for a lovely afternoon, and a mutually beneficial exchange of magnesium.

Likewise...just got home

Kelvin

Thanks again for the lovely afternoon, folks. Lots of laughs (Shoulders, in particular, has a great turn of phrase, but everyone there was very funny), and I managed to talk to almost all of you for a few minutes about something or other.

Pancreas went from sober and generous with metals to drunk and contemplating cannibalism with commendable suddenness. Although I was delighted to see his coat lining was exactly as I had imagined a confident, gay, organ playing maths lecturers's coat lining would look. More than anyone at the meet, Pancreas was exactly as I'd always imagined him, in the best possible way.

Flattered to learn I have the stride of someone pitched somewhere between Maggie Smith and a Nazi Storm Trooper. Even more flattered to learn I look less like Greg Wallace than expected.

Special thanks to Tookish for guiding me back through Manchester like the infant I am. Very glad I came, and will definitely be trying to make it to another Manchester meet in the near future.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 23, 2018, 12:07:46 AM
Went to the Circus Tavern afterwards. That place is a proper good laugh. Even the tacky decor hasn't managed to spoil it significantly.

Smallest pub in Manchester, with accompanying George Best pictures ? Yeah, nice place. I was there only last Monday, having been to the Russian Consulate to get me visa sorted out. Which is harasho.

phes

Very much enjoyed everyone's company. A charming, very funny bunch. Thanks to Pancreas for his generosity in providing both alkaline earth metals and pizza

I think this is all minus Buzby

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Some excellent shit eating grins on display there. Bravo.

Kelvin

Oh yes, good call on the Pizza, phes. Thanks very much for that, Pancreas. Very generous.

phes

Properly enjoyed lurking the conversations around the table (I tend go to somewhat quiet after a few pints). At work conversation conventions are what's for dinner, mortgage problems, what your partner has done to piss you off, doing up the house and what's wrong with your dog's bowels and what its shit looked like, so it was a great relief to enjoy such spontaneous chat

buzby

Lovely to meet you all and finally put some faces and voices to names (and an all-to-brief hello-goodbye with doppelkorn due to the terrible traffic coming into Manchester). I did however fail miserably at 'CaB Mastermind' by not knowing the names of all who were attending in the first place. Thanks to pancreas for supplying both the pizzas and reactive metal. I can confirm it's genuine Magnesium, as I've burned a piece of it with a blowtorch (it needs to be heated to 473 degrees to auto-ignite).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Those pictured above, left to right:

Kelvin, tookish, Too Many Cochranes, phes, Norton Canes, doppelkorn, me, pancreas

Janie Jones

Serge once mentioned in a comment on Facebook that the Manchester CaB meet he attended a year or two back was 'one of the best days' of his life; I see several of the people who helped to make it so were at yesterday's meet. Good on yer. Glad you had a great day.

Jockice

Quote from: phes on September 23, 2018, 08:28:08 AM
Very much enjoyed everyone's company. A charming, very funny bunch. Thanks to Pancreas for his generosity in providing both alkaline earth metals and pizza

I think this is all minus Buzby

But, but....you look human. And where's Danger Man?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Does anyone want to name some lookalikes for the great bunch of lads in this picture ? I was kind of toying with Kramer from " Seinfeld" for one of 'em, along with a slimmed down Cathal Coughlan.

Glebe?

Twit 2

It was lovely to meet you all. Cheers for the anchovies, pancreas. Sorry I was a bit tired.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 23, 2018, 10:53:53 AM
Does anyone want to name some lookalikes for the great bunch of lads in this picture ? I was kind of toying with Kramer from " Seinfeld" for one of 'em, along with a slimmed down Cathal Coughlan.

Glebe?

Atthe back Moby, Pat Sharp and Dom from Dick And Dom.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oh yeah apologies for the amount of time I talked about goblin hamburgers in gravy.

BlodwynPig

Spoon of Ploff

I expect we'll see a high contrast black and white version of this image on a future Panorama Investigates... haven't decided which phizog the camera will slowly zoom into as a hushed VO describes the unspeakable crimes that were committed.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on September 23, 2018, 01:25:28 PM

I expect we'll see a high contrast black and white version of this image on a future Panorama Investigates... haven't decided which phizog the camera will slowly zoom into as a hushed VO describes the unspeakable crimes that were committed.

Somehow Marty Feldman and Gene Wilder had a son, Tookish, " this won't be online, will it?", Ernie, Bert, urgent need to pee, peeing, pee coat

Jockice

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 23, 2018, 10:53:53 AM

Glebe?

Left, a chap called Craig who was a couple of years below me at school, third from left, a distant relation of Richard Hawley, fourth from right a thinner version of a bloke called Simon I used to work with, third from right a younger version of a guy called Guy whose younger brother Patrick I'm friends with. And some other people.

holyzombiejesus

Pissed off that I missed this.