Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:05:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games - Sponsored by Covid-19

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, July 23, 2021, 12:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Quote from: buttgammon on July 24, 2021, 06:45:59 PM
Hopefully it'll be postponed to a date when Prince Philip is out of hospital and can attend, so he can pull some racist faces and hurl hilarious insults at people.
But are brive athletes are over there already! They can't wait that long! They'll go slitty-eyed!

BlodwynPig

Prince Phil waving Eddie the Eagle off on the plane this evening. Geoff Capes and Big Daddy all ready through in the heats

Pinball

I'm looking forward to the bukkakes. Should be a corker. Although a new Olympic event, it's very popular.

Thursday

imitationleather

Fucking thing isn't going to arrive until the Olympics is over, though.

chveik

actually enjoying the skateboarding. and the french are doing well

chveik

this scheduling is really not ideal cause i'm getting the olympics fever!

chveik

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Daily Mail headline:

YOUR FAMILY IN PERIL: Now Refugees Learn Taekwondo

Thursday

When do we get our first medal in one of the tory events where you need expensive equipment to compete?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on July 25, 2021, 02:52:15 AM
actually enjoying the skateboarding. and the french are doing well

as usual they buggered it. Dissaster games for a nation in sporting decline.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 25, 2021, 08:27:10 AM
Daily Mail headline:

YOUR FAMILY IN PERIL: Now Refugees Learn Taekwondo

Very glad that BBC's cheerleading bubble burst. The sourpusses can't find any excuses this time (heat, tiredness, odd scheduling, doping forrins)

In more positive news, the Women's road race produced the greatest sporting moment of the last decade. Kiesenhofer leading from 0km to finish despite immense Dutch team expecting to win (and they didn't even realise she was still out in front as Annemieke thought she'd won when coming in second).

She's a mathematics post-doc as well, working in a similar field to Pancreas - perhaps they know each other.

WhoMe

Absolutely flattened that Belgian girl in the Judo. Ouch

bakabaka

Women's cycling road race gold won by a total outsider because all the favourites hadn't realised that she was still out front, the last one left from a breakaway she had started right at the very beginning. Wonderful to watch.

buttgammon

I caught about half of the road race and it was absolutely delightful, I'll be pleasantly surprised if I see anything better over the next few weeks.

mothman

First GB medal! Bronze in Judo for Ashley Giles.

Thursday

Yeah suddenly got very emotional for the cycling woman I'll never think about again.

Oh and GB got bronze in Judo

mothman

I just kept expecting the Purple Bricks lady to show up.

mothman

Also, by my count at least three of our medal prospects have fallen at the final hurdles so far. I'm now thinking that we're going to see a massive drop from the '08/'12/'16 medal tallies, getting back towards our lucky-if-we-got-five-golds period that characterised all the previous Olympics that I can remember.

Jasha

Quote from: bakabaka on July 25, 2021, 10:36:45 AM
Women's cycling road race gold won by a total outsider because all the favourites hadn't realised that she was still out front, the last one left from a breakaway she had started right at the very beginning. Wonderful to watch.

Chris boring Boardman kept mentioning during the blokes race that they don't have any radios like they're used to, guess there's no pit boards or messages written on the water bottles either

Poobum

Gymnastics and the beam thing, what's with all the arm wafting, hip cocking, and bad dancing? Just do the flips, people only care about the flips.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mothman on July 25, 2021, 11:45:34 AM
Also, by my count at least three of our medal prospects have fallen at the final hurdles so far. I'm now thinking that we're going to see a massive drop from the '08/'12/'16 medal tallies, getting back towards our lucky-if-we-got-five-golds period that characterised all the previous Olympics that I can remember.

Love to see Arrogant Jade tonked. BYE BYE.

"wish me family had been there"

No words for her refugee opponent. Fucking Britain Olympic arrogance in a nutshell.

Spode

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 24, 2021, 12:29:17 PM
Pod? Pure talent. Rog fucked big time.

Can't take to Pogacar at all. Convinced he's a drugs cheat because I don't like his face. Also hoping to say I knew all along in a couple of decades if it turns out to be true.

Feel a bit sorry for Roglic as well. There was something tragic in the purest sense about him losing the tour last year as his stupid helmet wobbled off his head

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spode on July 25, 2021, 01:54:26 PM
Can't take to Pogacar at all. Convinced he's a drugs cheat because I don't like his face. Also hoping to say I knew all along in a couple of decades if it turns out to be true.

Feel a bit sorry for Roglic as well. There was something tragic in the purest sense about him losing the tour last year as his stupid helmet wobbled off his head

I'm not a Pod fan, but unlikely a drug cheat

Jasha

Quote from: Spode on July 25, 2021, 01:54:26 PM
Can't take to Pogacar at all. Convinced he's a drugs cheat because I don't like his face.

You don't happen to work for HM Customs do you?

mothman

A silver! We're 19th on the table! High time you lot started Believing In Britain. #GoTeamGB!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mothman on July 25, 2021, 02:21:27 PM
A silver! We're 19th on the table! High time you lot started Believing In Britain. #GoTeamGB!

That's there appearance on Question of Sport guaranteed.

Jasha

Sure the BBC have got Jonny Vegas on commentary

mothman

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 25, 2021, 02:22:35 PM
That's there appearance on Question of Sport guaranteed.

God. We're going to have this fourth-rate shower of inept cunts inflicted on us forever (or until the next Games in three years time produces a slightly-different cohort of them) - if you watch QoS, which I certainly don't.