Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrec

Quote from: frajer on June 30, 2022, 01:05:58 PMLovely to see that even the relationships he fabricates are utterly transactional, and that when they don't go how he wants he turns publicly nasty. Creepy, creepy bastard.

I think it's a case of Schrödinger's Rowling at the moment. She's beyond criticism or unfairly privileged as the argument dictates.

His behaviour is very predictable but the logic behind his campaigns is a bit enigmatic. I think he's running on autopilot, and is instinctively driven to keep stirring the shit (and as often mentioned, addicted to conflict) without expecting to achieve his stated goals. Getting a green light for the musical would be a disaster for him as he'd have to work and cooperate with people instead of scroll Twitter all day. Besides the tragic loss of his Twitter and spasms of resentment and jealousy, I think he's mostly happy having shaken off the demands of career and family and the expectation to conduct himself in a reasonable manner.

Ferris

He's definitely moved through phases:

"just asking questions", then pile-ons, [twitter ban was here], wilderness period, performative stunts (like that her app thing), small amount of right-wing media coverage (the "I've been canceled!" sessions), [ted musical canceled here], now I think even the idea of women's rights or whatever is done and we're onto the bitterness phase as the reality of what he's done to his life sets in.

It's so grim and avoidable. Just get help mate.

petril

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on June 30, 2022, 10:17:08 AM

Perfect!

I feel so bad for his son. I have a total cunt for a father, and can say from experience it really fucks with you, especially when you are at an age where you start to develop your own independent opinions.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 30, 2022, 07:42:57 PMCrotchshot Staniland got a 12hr ban

Hahaha good.

What an arsehole thing she did. How is she still allowed on Twitter? She's just as bad as Are Graham, and I believe she's been yeeted before?

The Late Satoru Iwata

The AI art things all seem to think Graham looks like a combo of Paul Heaton and Mark Benton.

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Ferris on July 01, 2022, 01:13:24 AMHe's definitely moved through phases:

"just asking questions", then pile-ons, [twitter ban was here], wilderness period, performative stunts (like that her app thing), small amount of right-wing media coverage (the "I've been canceled!" sessions), [ted musical canceled here], now I think even the idea of women's rights or whatever is done and we're onto the bitterness phase as the reality of what he's done to his life sets in.

It's so grim and avoidable. Just get help mate.

I always remember when he'd make those bitter remarks about how JK did it right rather than burn her career down like he did, and like... that was 2-3 years ago now and he's somehow still finding material to burn.

Ex_GC

Quote from: wrec on July 01, 2022, 01:01:08 AMI think it's a case of Schrödinger's Rowling at the moment. She's beyond criticism or unfairly privileged as the argument dictates.

His behaviour is very predictable but the logic behind his campaigns is a bit enigmatic. I think he's running on autopilot, and is instinctively driven to keep stirring the shit (and as often mentioned, addicted to conflict) without expecting to achieve his stated goals. Getting a green light for the musical would be a disaster for him as he'd have to work and cooperate with people instead of scroll Twitter all day. Besides the tragic loss of his Twitter and spasms of resentment and jealousy, I think he's mostly happy having shaken off the demands of career and family and the expectation to conduct himself in a reasonable manner.

I think he was telling the truth in a way when he said the Ted musical was going to be his pension pot. He probably had a vague idea of running with the success of Father Ted but without any real thought into what this musical would look like. Perhaps he imagined Arthur would carry it and he could coast along. Now it's much easier to blame others than admit his own failure. They took everything from me, they're trying to cancel my brilliant musical, I'm a victim, this was going to be my pension.

Blaming others rather than looking inwards because if he looked inwards he would have to admit he has tanked his own life, that the musical is not a viable option in many ways

dead-ced-dead

Had he not gone bananas, he'd probably never want for cash. Even if writing/directing gigs didn't come as readily to him as it did for younger writers/directors, he could do what other older guys in the entertainment industry do: the convention and festival circuits.

Before he became the President of the Banana Republic his sitcoms had quite a bit of nerd cred (inexplicably in the case of The IT Crowd, as it really is "Nerds - lol", but it was a cult hit in America because it was an early adopter of streaming circuits).

Ex_GC

He has achieved precisely nothing. Has absolutely nothing to show for tanking his life. Even those on his side find him far too toxic, it must sting to see other transphobes being successful with book deals and so on whereas he is forced to do a weekly poorly viewed shows with nobodies

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Those are the kind of posts that make me really pleased that he almost certainly reads these threads.

Dr Rock

Ex_GC

Even if he reads here he will never think to himself "wait a minute, they have a point". He will explain it away as "jealous failed comedians". And the worst thing is that I know for a fact he is encouraged by the Glincels. They will never tell him to take a step back like real friends would, they will tell him that he is wonderful and everyone else is the problem and he's doing such amazing work for women and girls

@Dr Rock good point! He has achieved nothing for his own side

Alberon

He has a long history of doubling down in the face of criticism even in the before times. It never occurs to him to think that he might actually be wrong about anything.

FalknerHinton

Ex_GC

Quote from: Alberon on July 01, 2022, 11:50:24 AMHe has a long history of doubling down in the face of criticism even in the before times. It never occurs to him to think that he might actually be wrong about anything.

It reminds me of that quote about how stupid people are always full of confidence

Blumf

Quote from: FalknerHinton on June 30, 2022, 10:18:15 PM

Keep meaning to ask this; why do all these AI image things think Graham looks like Stuart Maconie?

Dr Rock

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Ex_GC on July 01, 2022, 10:35:10 AMEven those on his side find him far too toxic,

Even people on "his" show has a successful spin off :) Everyone is doing better! God, must be like a Christmas Carol and seeing everyone doing better without you.

Ex_GC

It really must have hurt when JKR tweeted about Helen Staniland's "wine mom" (bleurgh) show

frajer

BennyHedgehog

My complaint was against the pics she'd posted and it'd been outstanding for a while. I wonder if she'll get a full on ban

frajer

Nicely done. I've reported her a few times in the past too. Fingers crossed there'll be a tipping point and Twitter will sack her off as being too toxic (if that's how this works).