Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

James Webb Space Telescope

Started by Alberon, December 24, 2021, 12:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Aaron500 on September 01, 2022, 10:43:44 PM"We will be able to detect the presence of weather."

I look forward to receiving a daily forecast for Hip 65426b, 385 light-years away. On a blurred and pixellated map. A really historic moment.

The blur is the weather. It's mad up there.

Dex Sawash

I'm going to say there's probably weather on the majority of planets with an atmosphere. But do they call me Dex the Intergalactic Meteorologist?

PlanktonSideburns

I think you have to be a bit more specific that 'I bet there is weather probably' to be a weatherman

But of a kaiser chiefs level weather forecast there

Pete23

They've found weird ripples in space that are "just nature doing something that is simple, but when we look at it from only one viewpoint it seems impossible, at first, to understand that it is a natural phenomenon". But as yet they don't know what that natural phenomenon is (clue: definately aliens).
https://www.space.com/james-webb-space-telescope-odd-ripples-image

Blumf

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 02, 2022, 12:40:40 PMI'm going to say there's probably weather on the majority of planets with an atmosphere. But do they call me Dex the Intergalactic Meteorologist?

But now we get to observe it directly and say "mustn't grumble" when asked about it.

NoSleep

Quote from: Pete23 on September 02, 2022, 03:05:53 PMThey've found weird ripples in space that are "just nature doing something that is simple, but when we look at it from only one viewpoint it seems impossible, at first, to understand that it is a natural phenomenon". But as yet they don't know what that natural phenomenon is (clue: definately aliens).
https://www.space.com/james-webb-space-telescope-odd-ripples-image

Apparently it's a colliding wind binary:

Pete23

Alberon

It is, but I also can't help but see a horned demon breathing fire which suggests I should stop playing Diablo 4 so much.

Replies From View

The six pointed star business douses my fucking arse out.  I hope the next telescope doesn't have that.

PlanktonSideburns

Always look a bit like chintzy new age art, hi def space pics

NoSleep