Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:06:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Big Brother [ITV]

Started by Ja'moke, March 04, 2024, 02:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpaintyourteeth

I don't even think my real life girlfriend AJ will be enough to keep me watching this series. Total dogshit lineup

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: imitationleather on March 04, 2024, 10:03:57 PMRussell Brand, Matt Le Tissier, Gary Glitter and Beverly Allitt to be the final four housemates is my prediction.

I hope so!  This is the dullest BB opener I've ever seen.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Captain Z on March 04, 2024, 10:03:45 PMReggae Reggae Sauce was discontinued

No it wasn't, I buy it all the time. It's nicer than it has any right to be.

jobotic

imitationleather

imitationleather

Alright not a bad one to finish one. We've heard of her. Otherwise total mince lineup.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 04, 2024, 09:25:01 PMThe first 2 housemates both let slip that they know who else is going to be in the house, which is a bit of a swizz if you ask me.

Oh... one of them said they were looking forward to meeting Gordon Ramsay and was shushed.  But now they're all in... and he's not one of them.

checkoutgirl

That reminds me to get some love apple ketchup. That stuff is a scrum.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: imitationleather on March 04, 2024, 10:14:30 PMOtherwise total mince lineup.

Never heard of any of this people other than the sauce guy. Dunno if that's typical though.

dontpaintyourteeth

Sharon and Louis seem genuinely befuddled, are they going to rely on Walsh reading cue cards the whole time or what? Fern and Levi are the only ones I've ever heard of or like so 👎 so far

Blue Jam

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 04, 2024, 10:16:51 PMThat reminds me to get some love apple ketchup. That stuff is a scrum.

I don't put ketchup on anything anymore but I should probably make an exception for Mr Roots and try it. I trust it is good.

Reggae Reggae Sauce is nice in chicken fajitas, especially if you blend it with a bit of pineapple. It also makes a good pizza sauce for a Hawaiian pizza. Yes I like pineapples and yes I am a deviant.

dontpaintyourteeth

Truthfully the celebrity one was never as good, though. The odd bit of gold aside (Leo Sayer going insane, "David's dead!, etc)

bgmnts

Fuck are these cunts?

Time is absolutely merciless.

thr0b

That's a decent lineup - a good mix of ages. People who watched BB when it first came around will recognise a couple, and it's tightly leaning into people for the newer audience they want as well. So all good.

checkoutgirl

If it doesn't have Gillian McKeith pretending to faint I'm not interested.

Alberon

About the only one I recognised (apart from the two in the granny annexe) was David as we'd stumbled over his show on ITV12 or whatever. No trousers and plastic teeth. Could be a good contestant, but I don't think I'm going to watch any more of this.

JesusAndYourBush

Is no trousers guy wearing very tiny shorts?  Whatever he's wearing was tight enough for Sharon to see everything.

Ja'moke

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 04, 2024, 10:20:18 PMTruthfully the celebrity one was never as good, though. The odd bit of gold aside (Leo Sayer going insane, "David's dead!, etc)

Never as good as the classic civilian years (except for CBB4 with your Pete Burns, Galloway, Chantelle etc). But I did think CBB was better than the regular one in the Channel 5 era.

Ambient Sheep

I missed it, but the Beeb has a list and potted biographies of who's in here.

Apart from Louis and Sharon, I know of Fern Britton, Levi Roots, and Uncle Gary.

The rest I've never heard of, although I realise that's probably more a reflection on me!

Colson Smith is the spitting image of Russell Tovey, innee?

Noodle Lizard

Terrible first show. I agree that it looks like they went all-in on Sharon and Louis, not anticipating how shit they would be - and Sharon's supposedly only in it for the first five days anyway. The rest are poor even by CBB standards, which is a shame given how keen ITV seem(ed) to be to reinstate the show as a prime reality staple.

The presenters are still awful too, bordering on incompetent. It's astonishing they haven't done anything about that since they tried them out on the civilian series, surely they can't have been well-received.

Still, remaining cautiously optimistic since I ended up quite liking last year's normal series, and half the guests in this Celebrity edition may as well be normals anyway.

Snrub

I think AJ and Will went down quite well with the hardcore BB fandom last year. I don't mind AJ, but Will seems to be permanently stuck in semi-sarcastic T4 mode.

I guess with all these things, if they are I'm a Celeb, Strictly, whatever, by the end the only thing people actually give a fuck about is are they good TV, not how famous were they before. Not sure with this bunch yet, but it has potential.

Noodle Lizard

Yeah, I remember not being particularly optimistic about the civilian one based on who they were sending in and that turned out alright (the "nice" ones turned out to be pricks and vice versa). I worry that spending an hour per day with that pantsless one might drive me mad though.

jobotic

This going to be three weeks of people saying "I don't give a fuck what people think of me" and Sharon showing off about how many homes she has?

Unbearable.

JesusAndYourBush

Ha, Louis threw Sharon under the bus there.

"We're not allowed to say why we chose those three... We chose who we didn't like... It was all Sharon's decision."

Blue Jam

I have no idea who AJ Odudu is but if I could pull off an outfit like her Quality Street catsuit I'd never take it off:

Queen Peach

the lack of interest for this is sending me

thr0b

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 05, 2024, 10:20:20 PMI have no idea who AJ Odudu is but if I could pull off an outfit like her Quality Street catsuit I'd never take it off:

I was shocked and disappointed that on ITV2 tonight, AJ had foregone the usual latex/leather combo for a cosy wooly playsuit instead.

I like that Louis is being a bitchy little git already, and that Ekin-su actually seems to be quite interesting, and Fern has settled into the House Mother role.

Course, the problem with a live launch is the next night's show proper only has a couple of hours footage to play with.

And Will Best is great at hosting the spin-off - AJ a little less so, and it's a shame they usually alternate, as they bounce off each other quite well.

Ja'moke

Louis is such an odd little bloke, isn't he?

dontpaintyourteeth

Didn't bother last night, anything good happen?