Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,808
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Picture of a young Amy Winehouse. NSFW. Or eyes.

Started by TC Raymond, August 21, 2007, 12:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank_Kingsley

Not you too Jemble Fred! There's nowt wrong with 'My Sharona'. If you'd said 'Swords of a Thousand Men' by Tenpole Tudor...oh God.

Jemble Fred

I've always felt that 'My Sharona' is the closest thing you'll get to the sound of a mullet. It's a bad hairstyle in music form.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: [banned troll] on August 21, 2007, 04:58:45 PM
Not you personally. That was aimed at all the "Ha ha, he likes OLD music people have actually HEARD of!" arseheads.

Quote from:  Godzilla Bankrolls
I've decided that [banned troll] is to be the fucking bonfire night guy of this board simply because he isn't an obscurist and chooses to speak his mind.

That is personally directed at me.

Hank_Kingsley

'Two Tickets to Paradise' is the sound of a mullet. 'My Sharona' is a bouncy pop gem. Don't fer-git it...

Cack Hen

My Sharona is one of the few songs in existence where I literally can't decipher any merit whatsoever. It's supposed to be catchy, but it's not, it's annoying. Really annoying and pointless.

The same goes for RHCP's Give It Away. God I hate that song. And them.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Cack Hen on August 21, 2007, 05:20:16 PM
My Sharona is one of the few songs in existence where I literally can't decipher any merit whatsoever. It's supposed to be catchy, but it's not, it's annoying. Really annoying and pointless.

There's just something about that swaggering rhythm that screams punchability. I think it's supposed to sound sexy, but... god. I've always secretly hoped that the song was some kind of meathead spoof, a la Boogie Nights, as it's so devoid of merit as an original track.

Perhaps I should just listen to less Radio 2, then it would be unlikely to annoy me ever again.

Huzzie

Quote from: wherearethespoons on August 21, 2007, 01:43:55 PM
Your goat. Up. Or something.

"You're really getting my gander up, you grotty little man!" Basil Fawlty, the 80's some time.

Hank_Kingsley

What is this, gang up on The Knack day? You complete cunts.*

* I'm with you on the RHCP thing though.

Huzzie

Quote from: [banned troll] on August 21, 2007, 02:58:52 PM
I'm going to start a new thread in General Bullshit, just for you. Watch this board.

Ha! Oh yeah! Like you need an excuse to start a pointless thread.

TC Raymond

Quote from: Jemble Fred on August 21, 2007, 05:01:51 PM
'My Sharona' is about as shit as a piece of music can get.

Is that the best you can do?

Running out of reasons to have epic LOLz at my expense?

Don't bother polluting my airspace with shit like that. Seriously. I still don't believe you're a proper Goodies fan.

And now, for people whose ears work properly...
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUtYNXWjw1g[/youtube]

Godzilla Bankrolls

Going to answer my earlier post, TC? Or do more of your evasion and sidestepping?

TC Raymond

Quote from: Godzilla Bankrolls on August 21, 2007, 05:57:21 PM
Going to answer my earlier post, TC? Or do more of your evasion and sidestepping?

Look, I lashed out incorrectly, I was out of line, and I apologise.

Godzilla Bankrolls

TC Raymond

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 21, 2007, 04:59:04 PM
Now I've calmed down a bit, I'll explain that I take music on its musical merit, obscure or not, which is why I like a lot of mainstream music and a lot of obscure music.

Apologise/acknowledge for insinuating I'm the sort of twat who'd disown a band because of chart success next.

TC Raymond

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 21, 2007, 06:08:06 PM
Apologise/acknowledge for insinuating I'm the sort of twat who'd disown a band because of chart success next.

This should calm you down S?S!...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePaHG6g7uFw[/youtube]

NoSleep

Quote from: [banned troll] on August 21, 2007, 05:58:27 PM
Look, I lashed out incorrectly, I was out of line, and I apologise.

That's a first for TCR there. Commendable.

Famous Mortimer

TC Raymond

Quote from: Sebastian Dangerfield on August 21, 2007, 07:11:04 PM
SHUT UP [banned troll].  Shut. the. fuck. up.

Sounds like Rik from the Young Ones having a barney.

TC Raymond

How amazing - she's had to cancel a load of US gigs due to 'ill health.' What rotten luck our sensitive artistes have across the pond. The Allen diva had to pull out after her visa was 'revoked.' It's just as well I don't have a cynical nature, otherwise I would probably think that between them they didn't sell enough tickets to fill a phone box and are looking for an excuse to drag their sorry arses home without losing face...

Could be the crack and smack though.  'Slappers', 'mongrel'?  Come on.

The Mumbler

Quote from: [banned troll] on August 22, 2007, 05:41:58 PM
How amazing - she's had to cancel a load of US gigs due to 'ill health.' What rotten luck our sensitive artistes have across the pond. The Allen diva had to pull out after her visa was 'revoked.' It's just as well I don't have a cynical nature, otherwise I would probably think that between them they didn't sell enough tickets to fill a phone box and are looking for an excuse to drag their sorry arses home without losing face...

Ah, TC's Harvey Goldsmith. I did wonder.

Both have sold a fair number of albums Stateside, however. Winehouse's last album's gone platinum there and got to #6 on Billboard. Lily Allen's one made the top twenty. It's gonna be a fucking big phone box, whichever way you look at it.

boki

Quote from: Jemble Fred on August 21, 2007, 05:07:09 PM
I've always felt that 'My Sharona' is the closest thing you'll get to the sound of a mullet.

WINZING.

(although I'm not sure where this leaves Huey Lewis)

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: boki on August 22, 2007, 08:44:48 PM
WINZING.

(although I'm not sure where this leaves Huey Lewis)

He is the sound of jeans and a suit jacket.

Quote from: Identity Crisis Ahoy! on August 22, 2007, 08:47:30 PM
hahaha! excellent
Quote from: Identity Crisis Ahoy! on August 22, 2007, 08:47:14 PM
what the fuck is wrong with TC

Weird...if you quote ICA it comes out with this^^^...not that 'spof' nonsense that I can see...

I'm scared.

Backstage With Slowdive

Quote from: [banned troll] on August 21, 2007, 02:43:25 PM
That is the single most irresponsible thing I have ever read on the internet.

Didn't you see that DigitalSpy thing about how to build an atomic bomb?

Backstage With Slowdive

Quote from: [banned troll] on August 21, 2007, 04:33:00 PM
Because it does my fucking NUT in when people wank on about "Oh yeah, well, the Robert Newton Coughdrop Symposium's fifth album's the one where they really hit their stride..." or whatever when in reality they'd rather be playing air guitar to Boston's More Than A Feeling or having a good old bogle to My Sharona by the Knack. But that's not 'cool', and a lot of people* feel they have to namecheck unheard-of shit in order to impress people.

I compromise between these 2 extremes by playing air guitar to the Sleater-Kinney version of More Than A Feeling.