Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:43:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Various Production

Started by boki, August 31, 2007, 10:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

Just dug out my recording of their Breezeblock set and re-acquainting my self with their awesomeness - any other fans here?

For the uninitiated, they're a somewhat mysterious collective of producers and musicians who've put out a bunch of self-released singles and and then an album ('The World Is Gone') on XL.  They're best known within the dubstep scene, but they pull in influences from all over the shop, such as ambient, hip-hop, EBM and quite a bit of folk, too.  They did a brilliant acid house bootleg remix of Sugababes 'Too Lost in You' as well.

{Edit: I'll upload the Breezeblock mix somewhere anyway...}

boki

Jaffit

Will be giving this a whirl on that description alone! Im intrigued.

I liked the few tracks I heard a while back, nice to hear people doing something different with the dubstep blueprint ie incorporating folky stuff and vocals. Interested to hear that mix, cheers boki.

monkhouse terror

i love the track they contributed to the warrior dubz comp. (which is for some reason only on the promo copies) so when i got the album i was mighty confused to be hearing all this girlish folk alongside the heavier dubstep stuff. they're obviously very unique, i just don't find the album to flow very well, yet dig the tracks in isolation. i'm willing to accept i'm some kind of philistine though

and the guy (bonesy?) they get to do the artwork is TOP

(Not as good as Horsepower Productions)