Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Local "Characters"/Nutboxes

Started by SteveDave, June 23, 2017, 04:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenna appleseed

15-20 years ago there used to be this old lady with a sandwich board type sign attached to one of those old lady drag along trollies (minus the Scottie dog). Forget if it was almost the same sloganor she rotated between two or more slogans but it was always all caps stuff about either The King James/New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) of The Bible not being the true word of God/Jesus, and child baptism not being biblical (pos with side order of Babies going to Hell).

She seemed to always be standing on a corner near the collage with her signtrolly in the afternoon/evening so people student/I could she her on the collage bus journey home.

Sometimes spotted her pulling her signtrolly up or down the high street (somewhere I have non-digital photos I took for college) .

Once saw her at the bus station, getting on a bus with her sign & trolly.

Probably long dead now.

eta: I just googled old woman with bible rants sign on trolly tiverton in case another random local internet person remembered here, and found old Daily Mail bollocks about our Tesco's cat.
(the cat was fine, not run over, probably not evicted by Tescos, and 8 years later still there in the foyer sometimes.)