Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantilisation

Started by touchingcloth, March 30, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Want to send someone a nice bottle of gin for Christmas. Did a search for "gin gifts" and found yumbles.com

grave.com

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteHannah Rodger of the Herald asks what the advice is for people planning to visit care home residents.

She also asks the prime minister if he thinks Scotland has enough funding to manage the end of the Brexit transition period and what Christmas gift he has got for Nicola Sturgeon...

I guess she might have been told to ask the last question, but it's hardly news. Johnson gave some crap answer about fish.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 10, 2020, 08:51:04 PM
Want to send someone a nice bottle of gin for Christmas. Did a search for "gin gifts" and found yumbles.com

grave.com

Get gin grave.

Urinal Cake

Christmas used to be special because it was the time of the yearyou could act like a child. Now it's just like any other time of the year but for some reason you also have to eat Turkey.

Icehaven

Quote from: Urinal Cake on December 16, 2020, 10:44:39 PM
Christmas used to be special because it was the time of the yearyou could act like a child. Now it's just like any other time of the year but for some reason you also have to eat Turkey.

Christmas is the only time of the year I feel like an adult. I used to love Christmas as a child but that's steadily declined from my mid 20s to the point where now at 41 I hate it, and it's because all the good things about it (nice food, booze, getting new things, seeing people) are mostly things I have/do whenever I like anyway, and this year even time off work is barely a treat because I've been shirking from home for more than half of it. There's pressure to get the right presents, make travel plans, keep everyone happy and not offend anyone by not visiting etc. (in normal times rather than this year). I honestly feel more of the responsibilities and pressures of adult life at Christmas than I do for the rest of the year combined.

Ornlu

Christmas cards: You won't believe the absolute time wasting shit this family gets up to! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55385940

idunnosomename

i mean fair play they look pretty good at least

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 25, 2020, 11:26:48 PM
i mean fair play they look pretty good at least

This is how they win

Ornlu

Quote from: Ornlu on December 25, 2020, 11:21:08 PM
Christmas cards: You won't believe the absolute time wasting shit this family gets up to! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55385940

Having second thoughts on this as it does directly involve actual infants. But then, the adults are infant-minded.

Quote from: Ornlu on December 25, 2020, 11:21:08 PM

Definitely the winners for 'biggest desperate attention-seekers of the year'.  A category in which, let's face it, there's a lot of competition.

bomb_dog

I think I concentrated more on trying to work out what accent she's got. Can't work it out.

Sebastian Cobb

The eccentric christmas postie in the sidebar as well.

Mine are like the yeti now, you hear them, you see their footprints but they've already disappeared back down the stairs when you open the door to get your parcel.

Menu

"The Boggio-Derbyshires"