Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:52:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long

Started by pigamus, November 02, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 04, 2019, 01:31:07 PM
All the ones I've noticed on Twitter (yes, I know) have said they'll never vote Labour whilst Corbyn is in charge if he continues to facilitate Brexit. Someone compared it to the Lib Dems post tuition fees lies and whilst I don't think that's a logical comparison, I do think that if Corbyn is seen (or more precisely, portrayed) as allowing Brexit to happen, a lot of the younger voters who enabled the great advances at the last election would be extremely fucked off.

I'm extremely, extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemly, fucked off.  Nevertheless, I recognise that it was the fucking Conservatives that got us to this pretty pass, right wing ones, at that.  And whilst there is a Labour leader who is not a pink tory, let alone Corbyn, who I admire greatly, I will support Labour. 

I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.

Paul Calf

To be honest, I'm more pissed off about the Investigatory Powers Act. It's a worrying sign that Labour haven't dropped the authoritarian streak that was so evident during the Blair years.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Buelligan on January 04, 2019, 04:39:25 PM
I'm extremely, extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemly, fucked off.  Nevertheless, I recognise that it was the fucking Conservatives that got us to this pretty pass, right wing ones, at that.  And whilst there is a Labour leader who is not a pink tory, let alone Corbyn, who I admire greatly, I will support Labour. 

I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.

As will I. However, I think that many may not and I'm a bit surprised that this just seems to get brushed aside as of little concern on here. I know that twitter and the MSP is a shitty nasty vipers nest but there doesn't seem to be any positive coverage of Corbyn at all. Anywhere. And whilst it's to be expected from the usual suspects, when social media appears to be awash with Labour members expressing their dismay at Corbyn's stance (something which IMO he has no other option but to go with), I find it very worrying.

biggytitbo

So, according to Alan Duncan, the FCO funded Integrity Initiative does not get involved with domestic politics...

QuoteI have established the facts and I am satisfied that our money does not go towards funding any kind of UK domestic activity.

Yet from the new release of docs -

Zetetic

Which I note was presented here:
https://www.brookes.ac.uk/hss/events/populism-2-0/

(This is the 'Populism 2.0' in the file name, I guess.)

Cuellar

Is Glen O'Hara funded by the Integrity Initiative?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Cuellar on January 04, 2019, 08:04:08 PM
Is Glen O'Hara funded by the Integrity Initiative?

I don't know if he was paid but he certainly attended integrity initiative events according to the documents. Why are the integrity institute studying Jeremy Corbyn exactly, when they are funded by the tory government?

biggytitbo

More evidence here that the so called 'people's vote' is an astroturfing campaign funded by corporate and political forces deeply hostile to Jeremy Corbyn https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/meet-suits-behind-people%E2%80%99s-vote-campaign-and-open-britain

king_tubby

Really enjoying the whole of centrist dad Twitter trying desperately to discredit Bastani about his PhD when if they left him alone he'd be doing it himself. The daft bugger.

pancreas

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 04, 2019, 05:19:57 PM
To be honest, I'm more pissed off about the Investigatory Powers Act. It's a worrying sign that Labour haven't dropped the authoritarian streak that was so evident during the Blair years.

This is exactly the sort of thing that you could build a successful movement around. Go to your local party, start some relationships with people in the branch and CLP, get delegated to the latter if necessary and then build a movement to accept a motion to conference that the IPA should be rescinded, or seriously modified. Get some contacts with other CLPs to submit the same/similar motion etc.

The strength of feeling over Brexit has been extremely useful in shaping party policy over the possibility of a second referendum. Something much less controversial, like the LP's relationship to comms data, should be basically up for grabs, I reckon.

This is how you do stuff, as opposed to crying and wanking in the bath.

Buelligan

pancreas

Cattle trough then. I don't know how caves work.

Buelligan

Just cry and wank without washing, mostly.

Replies From View

Quote from: jobotic on January 04, 2019, 09:05:11 PM
Can you not read your own post? Fucking imbecile.

To be fair, he could be doing what I'm doing:

Buelligan

Obviously not as stupid as I'd imagined then.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: pancreas on January 04, 2019, 10:04:48 PM
This is how you do stuff, as opposed to crying and wanking in the bath.

Who is 'crying and wanking in the bath'?

Replies From View

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 05, 2019, 02:57:53 PM
Who is 'crying and wanking in the bath'?

It's like doing it in the shower, except lying down and the water is just sitting around you like in an amphitheatre, except at knee-height.  Lower than knee-height if anything.

The crying and wanking is exactly the same as in the shower so you can just port that over.

Edit:  Sorry; I thought you asked "what".

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Replies From View on January 05, 2019, 03:01:42 PM
The crying and wanking is exactly the same as in the shower so you can just port that over.

Not really. There's an 'issue' to be avoided if you do it in the bath.

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 05, 2019, 03:05:31 PM
Not really. There's an 'issue' to be avoided if you do it in the bath.

Mate this isn't the Brexit thread.  People wanking in the bath don't want any half-measures that undo most of the benefits of wanking in the bath.

Buelligan

Very bourgeois I think.  A rich man's game really.

Johnny Yesno

Replies From View

Kelvin

Quote from: Buelligan on January 04, 2019, 11:04:48 PM
Just cry and wank without washing, mostly.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 05, 2019, 03:31:37 PM
I don't have a shower.

If we all get together to celebrate a Corbyn victory, you two are sitting in another room.

Replies From View

Quote from: Kelvin on January 05, 2019, 03:38:57 PM
If we all get together to celebrate a Corbyn victory, you two are sitting in another room.

I don't like the idea of them sharing germs  :(

Johnny Yesno

Hey! I've got a bath!

I can't believe it's only 5th January and I've already had to deploy my first #humblebrag.

Paul Calf

I've got two baths. One of them is in the cellar though, full of quicklime.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 05, 2019, 04:15:09 PM

Fair enough - quicklime needs to cry and wank sometimes too.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 05, 2019, 04:15:09 PM

Things are different in the North.