Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:10:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The most enduring CaB things

Started by madhair60, August 15, 2019, 08:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

Threads that got too long, like the Oz comedy thread.

Dex Sawash

'please take the balls out'  gets used regularly at my house.

Edit- didn't even notice pinball there^ was replying to old page

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 15, 2019, 11:52:34 AM
I hate self-regarding self-satisfied celebration of in-jokes usually but really this place deserves something like Encyclopedia Dramatica to list all the jokes/memes. Too many funny things getting lost.

http://cookdandbombd.pbworks.com/w/page/9912688/Chris%20Morris

https://cookdandbombd.fandom.com/wiki/Dead_Soon

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: weekender on August 15, 2019, 07:02:22 PM
Perhaps they were all responses to something you posted, and that's how you became to be associated with them?

Speaking of enduring CaB things...

purlieu

I BAMLEM JACK BUAER still makes me laugh. Sorry.
Partly because of the time Shoulders and I videoed a drunk bloke saying it at a Leeds meet.

shiftwork2

Smerky Let Plekry, from the days when hammered posting was a thing.  I miss perusing paralytic nonsensical threads on Sunday morning.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Thursday on August 15, 2019, 11:34:40 PM
I believe it was doctor christian troy that originally wrote "Please gas this house of cunts" in a big brother thread, and because of the way tag attribution worked, if you posted the same tag elsewhere, the original tagger would get credit for it. So someone would post the tag where it was horrible and inappropriate and he would look like the cunt.

Ah yes, I recall getting the "j'accuse!" vibe from someone when it was reused for another thread. Being a cunt myself, I am currently waiting to find a house in which I can be gassed in.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: purlieu on August 16, 2019, 10:01:50 AM
I BAMLEM JACK BUAER still makes me laugh. Sorry.
Partly because of the time Shoulders and I videoed a drunk bloke saying it at a Leeds meet.

Drunk bloke had a massive bag full of hiifi equipment.  We never got to see the video.  As well, I seem to remember either Shoulders or you fell through the bar.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yes, though I think a London meet got there first. Perhaps Kelvin was involved in that?

Replies From View

non capisco

I often remember someone's mate mishearing Justin Timberlake's song 'Cry Me A River' and thinking it was called 'Crimean War Hero'. That bubbles back up to the surface of my brain at least a couple of times a year.

Evil Knevil

idunnosomename

Cassandra's miscarriage ironically was very durable through all the tag years, seems to have fallen out of favour a bit now though

mr. logic

Quote from: Evil Knevil on August 16, 2019, 02:39:59 PM
A punch in the reduced tit.

Me and a reduced tit have been fucking for a while now.

madhair60

earl_sleek

Basketball Heads is my favourite film.

Ambient Sheep

That has nothing to do with Henry's cat and you know it.

JesusAndYourBush

I'd love to punch him in the soul.

(Said by Utter Shit, talking about Craig in BB6.)

Mr_Simnock

I know a lot of posters never do CaB radio but that produced 'NoSleep mentions free jazz' which has stuck in my mind for years.

grassbath

Quote from: non capisco on August 16, 2019, 01:29:01 PM
I often remember someone's mate mishearing Justin Timberlake's song 'Cry Me A River' and thinking it was called 'Crimean War Hero'. That bubbles back up to the surface of my brain at least a couple of times a year.

On a similar note, the origin of Morrison Lard's username. Still reduces me to helpless laughter if I think about it for more than a second.

Quote from: grassbath on August 17, 2019, 11:34:38 AM
On a similar note, the origin of Morrison Lard's username. Still reduces me to helpless laughter if I think about it for more than a second.

Yes, that's excellent

Dex Sawash

Twit 2

Quote from: jobotic on August 17, 2019, 12:18:45 PM
What is it?

Harrison Ford being misremembered by someone's mum (I think) as Morrison Lard.

Quote from: Morrison Lard on September 15, 2012, 10:45:27 PM
Mine is via a friend.

Wheel of Fortune.

Clue : Actor.

_ _ R R _ S _ N       _ _ R D

Answer was Harrison Ford. But him saying "Morrison Lard" nearly fucking killed me.

Suki Bapswent

Louis Barfe's dub of [banned troll]'s stand up comedy ("COOOONS?") is probably the funniest thing this forum has produced. Is that still out there somewhere?

CaB alerted me to PFFR and Nathan Fielder, which is it's enduring legacy for comedy, for me.

I've also made a couple of great friends IRL through CaB, which is lovely.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: earl_sleek on August 16, 2019, 03:52:17 PM
Basketball Heads is my favourite film.
It was a pretty good computer game, too.

biniput

phes

Not everybody cares about your fucking recipes

I can't explain. It was too long ago