Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:24:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Going out on the piss on a day when you're depressed

Started by Kishi the Bad Lampshade, March 01, 2011, 07:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhenry

Same here. I hope your boyfriend is massively contrite and spends the day trying to make up for last night (which never happened anyway).

Mister Six

Serious question: Do you think you've built up this one particular college too much? If you want to get into nursing, surely there are other options?

Even though you've worked very hard, focussing on this particular course of action, it doesn't mean that it's all gone to pot now.

Your boyfriend effed up, sure, but ultimately, you've got to pick yourself up and realise you have options.

I don't know how many times I can repeat the same sentiment with different words.

One more: Just because MIT does the best MBA doesn't mean you can't go into business unless you go there.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Aw, that's shit news Ronnie. Please keep trying though, you're obviously really passionate about it and it would be a shame not to fulfill that.

rudi

Aw that bites, Ronnie. Kick Bert in the balls then tell him he's overreacting.

In light of my previous post I feel I should reveal I apparently met the new neighbours on Monday evening but was too hammered to recall the slightest detail. Off to a flyer then, rudi...

Lt Plonker

Quote from: An tSaoi on March 01, 2011, 07:38:51 PM
I'd advise against it. Alcohol (in my experience) magnifies the mood you're already in; so if you're feeling fairly upbeat sober, you'll feel delighted on drink. Similarly if you're down, drink will drag you down further. It brings your inner feelings to the fore.

Also, leaving aside the alcohol bit, going out and seeing everyone else having a good time when you feel like shit might make you feel even worse; because it only makes you feel more disconnected (again, in my experience).

Yus.

I tend to stay in, gorge on chocolate and watch a film. Maybe have a wank too - it makes me feel miserable but I tend to find I can't be arsed to go out afterwards. Swings and roundabouts.