Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,808
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:56:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Odd Combinations.

Started by Big Jack McBastard, March 04, 2011, 01:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

I've been opening my beer with scissors all evening.

Not in a strange, grab it between my knees, grip the neck (oo err) and slam down on the handles way oh no, they're big industrial sized buggers with a bottle opener cut into the blunt side of one of the blades.

So I'm wondering why? Were they made for terminally thirsty seamstresses or alcoholics with a need for something to stab people with?

Weird dual purpose objects and the scenarios you can only imagine exist to suit their purpose, that's the gist of this thread, got any?

Neville Chamberlain

I've always found it a bit odd that mobile phones come equipped with cameras! Useful, certainly, but still a bit incongruous if you think about it! I mean, why don't they make cameras equipped with phones?

Nor do I expect to buy a vacuum cleaner with integrated DVD player!

Um, I've sort of missed the point of the thread, haven't I? :o(

mjki5gs2

The biro-and-disposable-razor business model of Bic has always struck me as being fucking weird.

doppelkorn

The onion did a good send up of yamaha's diverse product portfolio a few years ago. Jetskis, saxophones...you name it.

sirhenry

Quote from: doppelkorn on March 04, 2011, 10:40:55 AM
The onion did a good send up of yamaha's diverse product portfolio a few years ago. Jetskis, saxophones...you name it.
And if you use the wrong logo for their products (motorbikes, etc. have a front fork, music products have an almost identical tuning fork) they go fucking legal on you! Great way to treat people advertising your products.

SetToStun

Neville Chamberlain

Ginyard

These are the things that all verbwhores should make!?!

2 Light Ales Please

My friend recently gave me some lighters with bottle openers built-in. Makes sense when you think about it, but did strike me as a bit odd.

SetToStun

They're ace. I used to have a ballpoint pen with a torch in the end and a bottle-opener in the side. It wasn't one of those flat, wide bottle-openers (which are all I can seem to find when I search for bottle opener pens), more like a recess cut into the side of the top part so you could slide the top in and lever it off. I don't know what type of metal the pen was made of but it was tough as fuck. Only problem was you couldn't get refills for it so when it ran out of ink I stopped using it and lost it.

Pre-submit edit: I should have tried GIS first - this is practically identical, apart from the lack of LED torch...

small_world

I've got a keyring for my Volvo, it's got a few small handy tools on it. Essentially, it's a small spanner with a torx screwdriver on it.
But along one side, there's a bottle opener.

Awesome, I'll do a bit of work to my car, have a beer then have a drive.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Boots do sandwiches.

WHAT NEXT EH TOOTHPASTE AT THE BUTCHERS YEEEAH TOP COMEDY

Depressed Beyond Tables

Just had some cheddar flavoured popcorn. Not bad. Smells a bit.

Some nutter made peanut butter wagon wheels a while back.