Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is CaB going viral?

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 09, 2011, 10:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2011/03/baker-night-question-prime

While reading the reaction to this vaguely amusing incident I noticed this comment right at the bottom...

QuoteIf Matt Baker felt so strongly about this, why didn't he just punch Cameron's lights out?

I remember when Sir Robin Day literally beat Harold Macmillan to death, live on television. What are we paying our TV license for?

...and it struck me as exactly the sort of thing someone on here would say. With that in mind, would anyone like to step forward and claim ownership? And also to several other comments of this ilk I've been reading on various newspaper and sport websites in the last 6 months. Perhaps the entire world is waking up to the calming drug-like effect of saying very silly things in a deadpan way. Gosh, perhaps normality will start becoming the new satire.

petula dusty

I just chuckled at that myself when I found it. I also watched the entire episode of the One Show from last night, on the back of a link to the Youtube clip, and convinced myself that Matt Baker was having to swallow his  bile and fury throughout the whole sorry shebang.

biggytitbo

I thought that interview would have been a lot better if there was a bear in the studio.

doppelkorn

The Beeb have no mention of this as being news on their site so I reckon he's in deep shit. Mind you they weren't shy about publicising Sachsgate the incident where Jonathan Ross and Russel Brand left a rude message on the answerphone of actor Andrew Sachs.

Artemis

If The One Show had more moments like that, I might watch it. Who wants to tune in to hear Cameron say he ranks about a six on a scale of happiness from one to ten. I mean, what limp, watery shite.

Johnny Townmouse

Up until now I asbolutely thought that youtube video was an extremely well-edited bit of satire. I don't know what to make of it - I had to turn the programme over because it was so sychophantic and shallow. The more I watch it, the more I think he was actually having a go - but he does it so chirpily it strays into the area of proper genius.

I imagine he thinks that the Beeb can't sack another One Show presenter in just a matter of weeks.

dredd

Gold star.
QuoteNigel Poll-Tax
09 March 2011 at 11:34

The One Show is the most blatant left-wing propaganda tool ever created. The BBC (or should that be the MARXIST Broadcasting Corporation) has clearly become an organ for the Labour party: red all over the set, presenters with regional accents, opinion pieces about badgers, and now this FRESH OUTRAGE.

I'm not saying the BBC should be sycophantic but come on! What happened to the good old-fashioned British respect for authority?

mr. logic

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 09, 2011, 10:50:50 AM
Perhaps the entire world is waking up to the calming drug-like effect of saying very silly things in a deadpan way. Gosh, perhaps normality will start becoming the new satire.

That's a Viz letterbocks thing isn't it?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shh. We'll take the credit thanks.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

That whole thread is hilarious. I thoroughly enjoyed Purple Aki's appearance.