Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Saturday Night Pop Quiz LIVE!

Started by DrGreggles, October 31, 2020, 04:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

I'm in, ready to be trounced by Clatty and Jockice.  Almost worth dropping in a quick reminder in the chart music podcast thread.  One of those cats might stand a chance!

Janie Jones

I'm up for this, I thoroughly enjoy it even though I'm shite at it. But that's only 3 confirmed entrants...

DrGreggles

Might have to wait until next week anyway - having tech problems.
Friday night any good?

Janie Jones

No worries about tonight. Can't do Friday though

Fair enough. I'm unlikely to make a Friday either, but will join next time I can.

DrGreggles

Should be able to do next Saturday, but it'll have to be on a different platform.

shiftwork2

Fridays are shit for me.  Next sat would be good. 

DrGreggles

Looks like this will be on Adobe Connect, as it appears to be pretty stable and even the browser version seems to work.

DrGreggles

I think this is the link for tomorrow night's shitquiz:
https://meet26313626.adobeconnect.com/vppq/
New platform, so it might be slightly less professional than normal.

DrGreggles

shiftwork2

Do you recommend the app or is the web ok?

DrGreggles

No idea - it's new to me!
I think it should be OK on the browser, but we can test it before the important quizness begins.

DrGreggles

I'll open the room at 7:30. Hopefully we'll get it all working by 8...

Jockice

Sorry I missed it. Basically I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until it was too late. Who came second then? I already know who'll have won.

Music was the only winner, Jockice, as always (although we had to sit through some rubbish like The Fall before we got to 2 Unlimited and Patrick Swayze).

We just assumed you'd found something more exciting to do with your Saturday evening.

DrGreggles

It wasn't the winning that counted, it was the taking part.
But, more importantly, it was the winning, and Clatty won.

DrGreggles

Not sure if there's any interest in doing this tonight, but I've fucked off Adobe Connect (too many audio problems) and have a new platform which will be 100% web-based.
Whether it'll solve the issues on mobile devices, we'll have to see.
Otherwise I'll be crawling back to WebEx cap-in-hand...

shiftwork2

Yep, I'm interested.  Anyone else around this evening?

Janie Jones

In case anyone is holding back, thinking, 'But I don't want to come last,' fear not, last place is taken care of,  I'm in.

Rizla

Gah, didn't know this was on.

Did someone else win this time then?

DrGreggles

It was more a technical rehearsal with a mini quiz tagged on the end.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on December 05, 2020, 10:52:40 PM
Gah, didn't know this was on.

Did someone else win this time then?

Yes, it was that master of Desolation, chicory. Resoundingly. It was a brilliant quiz and even those of us who languish in SECOND last place (yes!) thoroughly enjoy it. Our awed gratitude to erudite and thoughtful quizmaster Dr Greggles cannot be overstated.

shiftwork2

Alright I lost ok, wind your neck in, ;)

Great fun from Greggles.  Tons of fucking work, as ever many thanks.

Jockice

Didn't feel up to doing a quiz last night. I was happy just lying on the couch reading, eating dry roasties (that's nuts, not potatoes) and watching random TV programmes. But I'll be back. With a vengeance. So watch out.

DrGreggles

Jockice

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 12, 2020, 09:21:30 PM
Next week: Christmas Special!

Hurrah! Although I'm not totally sure I'll be able to do it. But Clatty should be back for the Scottish music genius element.