Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:52:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Royal Family Watch

Started by Alien Or Sutin, September 27, 2016, 11:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Trumpet

Looks like a fucking Dark Souls boss

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Alberon on March 26, 2024, 09:43:17 PMWorst ever statue of Phil to be torn down. Not because it is crap, though it is, but because the numpties behind it put it up without planning permission.

Yeah, really captured Phil there. I expect he'll be uttering some choice words if he ever finds out about it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/03/26/prince-philip-statue-cambridge-council-orders-removal/

Fambo Number Mive

BlodwynPig

superthunderstingcar

They must need the money for some reason.

My best guess is to stash in a Swiss account because they're expecting to have to flee the country at some point.

Gulftastic

Quote from: superthunderstingcar on April 03, 2024, 07:28:40 PMThey must need the money for some reason.

My best guess is to stash in a Swiss account because they're expecting to have to flee the country at some point.

2000AD ahead of the game..

I tried to post a comic panel from 1977 strip 'Invasion' showing King Charles fleeing the country but I seen to have no idea how the [img] business works on here.

Blue Jam

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 03, 2024, 08:43:11 PM2000AD ahead of the game..

I tried to post a comic panel from 1977 strip 'Invasion' showing King Charles fleeing the country but I seen to have no idea how the

Blue Jam

Meanwhile...

Yeah, BURN HER

Ferris

I HATE Sebastian Coe whatsername

touchingcloth

God I hope Kate or Chas DIE FROM FUCKING CANCER soon, give me something to look forward to this side of Christmas, ideally in that gap between the August Bank Holiday and Advent.

I can't believe the queen is the only royal who has died since Diana. Give us some meat, dear leaders! Bread, circuses, and cancer of your holy guts.

Alberon

Well, there was the Queen Mum who died a few years after Diana did.

But it does look like there's a few possibles coming up. Kate, I think, will be okay, but Charles seems to be in real trouble. I still think Edward could pop his clogs surprisingly soon. The only ones left soon will be Anne (who seems so no nonsense that she wouldn't let dying get in the way of carrying on as normal) and Andrew who will outlive them all.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Alberon on April 23, 2024, 02:23:27 PMWell, there was the Queen Mum who died a few years after Diana did.

But it does look like there's a few possibles coming up. Kate, I think, will be okay, but Charles seems to be in real trouble. I still think Edward could pop his clogs surprisingly soon. The only ones left soon will be Anne (who seems so no nonsense that she wouldn't let dying get in the way of carrying on as normal) and Andrew who will outlive them all.

You've forgotten about Prince Philip. He can't last forever, can he?

Alberon

Well, not forever, but he's still well ahead of this sickly bunch.

Butchers Blind

Alberon

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 23, 2024, 04:08:37 PMLook at this pointless human being.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68882299

Oh, why's that th..

Ah, a picture of a royal.

I can imagine this photo being used in 25 years time in a 'where did it all go wrong' article.

Blumf

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 23, 2024, 04:08:37 PMLook at this pointless human being.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68882299

Prompt text definitely included "avoid showing fingers"

Underturd

A load of them got honours today, fucking nepotism in action.

Alberon

QuotePrince William becomes Great Master of the Order of the Bath.

What the actual fuck?

QuoteAnd the Queen becomes the Grand Master of the Order of the British Empire, once held by the King's father, Prince Philip, and grandfather George VI.

I suspect Phil isn't arsed at giving that title up.

QuoteThey will be seen as an acknowledgement of those keeping up official duties when royal numbers are diminished, including recognising the efforts of the Queen, who at the age of 76 has been attending events on behalf of the King.

She becomes the head of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, set up in 1917 to honour a broader cross-section of civilian and military recipients.

Yes, I'm seeing her doing the air guitar riff too.

Blue Jam

BBC link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68882308

Illustrated with this:

You'd think it'd be hard to make a woman like Kate look bad but her stylists somehow manage it again and again and again. Princess spare looks very "doors to manual", evidently those Goldsmith genes are strong. Damien and Prince Spare look like baby Donald Trump impersonators.

None of them look as ridiculous as the three who get the "honour" of wearing whatever those military uniforms are supposed to be though.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Alberon on April 23, 2024, 08:38:01 PMWhat the actual fuck?

QuoteAnd the Queen becomes the Grand Master of the Order of the British Empire, once held by the King's father, Prince Philip, and grandfather George VI.

I'm surely not the only person who read that and immediately thought "WTF? She's dead." I mean, I never was a monarchist but, pace Douglas Adams, Camilla don't come close to the kind of queen I don't believe in.

Ferris

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on April 23, 2024, 10:47:40 PMI'm surely not the only person who read that and immediately thought "WTF? She's dead." I mean, I never was a monarchist but, pace Douglas Adams, Camilla don't come close to the kind of queen I don't believe in.

I'm a huge fan of them calling her "the queen" and doling out medals to each other on the basis of [insert reason here].

It's maniacal hubris - the more people who think "what, the Queen? She's brown bread isn't she? ...oh fucking hell that one?" the more people are kind of aware that this shit is mental and should probably end.

touchingcloth

gilbertharding

Quote from: Underturd on April 23, 2024, 05:23:47 PMA load of them got honours today, fucking nepotism in action.

I saw a tweet about this on twitter, questioning the whole thing:

QuoteCan anyone explain what any of this means, and what you have to do to get one?

Of the many possible responses, fairly vanilla, of course... just asking questions, not calling for the guillotine.

But check out who wrote it.

https://twitter.com/jonsopel/status/1782867774886322412

Some of the centrists are getting it.

Blue Jam

Even the horses wanna do a Prince Harry and run away now:

(content warning- blood, injured horses):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-london-68888725

Injured people and gee-gees all over the gaff. Another argument for putting an end to this ceremonial guff.

Icehaven

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on April 23, 2024, 10:47:40 PMI'm surely not the only person who read that and immediately thought "WTF? She's dead." I mean, I never was a monarchist but, pace Douglas Adams, Camilla don't come close to the kind of queen I don't believe in.

The queen was 'the queen' so they should really call Camilla something else, like they did with the Queen Mother. The Queen Wife?
Although was the Queen Mother called that because she was the Queen's mother or because she was the king's wife and she was mother to the queen? If it's the former then Camilla would be the King Wife, and if it's the latter then the Queen Wife.

TommyTurnips

I hereby rename Camilla the King Wench!

gilbertharding

Quote from: Icehaven on April 24, 2024, 01:12:23 PMThe queen was 'the queen' so they should really call Camilla something else, like they did with the Queen Mother. The Queen Wife?
Although was the Queen Mother called that because she was the Queen's mother or because she was the king's wife and she was mother to the queen? If it's the former then Camilla would be the King Wife, and if it's the latter then the Queen Wife.

The wife of the king is always, as far as I know, The Queen - of course usually they have a name as well... in the 20th Century there were Queen Alexandra, Queen Mary, and Queen Elizabeth.

I think Queen Alexandra would still have been called that even after Edward VII died... I don't think they called her The King Mother. I guess they invented the Queen Mother title for Queen Elizabeth because they didn't have the foresight not to give their oldest daughter the name of her mother.

It's why the distinction that Camilla is a Queen Consort would have been useful to keep, even if that would be a break with tradition.

Blue Jam

Camilla was technically Princess of Wales but she was generally referred to as Duchess of Cornwall so as not to be too much of a walking advert for republicanism.