Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:34:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nags has broken his arm...

Started by Small Man Big Horse, October 27, 2011, 09:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

I hope due to a mixup at the hospital he accidently gets a bears arm grafted on in place of his own and becomes a crime fighting bear arm superhero.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

CaledonianGonzo

The right to bear arms is an important part of the Constitution of the United States, so maybe Nags should move there.

biggytitbo

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on October 28, 2011, 06:28:38 PM
The right to bear arms is an important part of the Constitution of the United States, so maybe Nags should move there.
Ha!

alan nagsworth

hi all :) thanks for all of your support!

typing with one hand. i'll keep this concise! i fell off my bike in the rain after braking too suddenly, and rolled out into oncoming traffic where a car going about 20mph ran directly over my upper arm. it was a clean break through my humerus bone (i know LOL) and had i fallen even a few inches further over, chances are that it would have been my shoulder, leading to neck injury and a whole load of other complications which do not bear thinking about. i'm also told that the car was about 4 inches from going over my leg too, and that had it been going at 30mph it may have crushed my humerus instead of this clean and undisplaced break. in short, i'm extremely lucky.

the pain was tremendous. the morphine was splendid. the break is being left for a week before they take another x-ray to see if it has naturally displaced at all, in which case they will need to perform surgery. moving my body too fast causes my forearm to swing like dead weight and i can feel the disconnection in my humerus squidging about inside my skin. it's kind of nauseating.

for those who asked, it is both my wanking and raving arm. i'm useless at the moment, i can barely operate a towel without experiencing pain. i need my food cutting for me and thank the heavens for my lovely girlfriend making me feel comfortable, being super-caring and (sorry janie jones) giving me sponge baths whenever necessary.

i find out in a few days if i need surgery but it feels like it's healing sufficiently on its own to be honest, so fingers crosses!

right, i'm off to try and make a cup of coffee and watch pokemon. thanks again everyone.

x

CaledonianGonzo

a) Glad you're well, nags.  Sounds like you're on the road to recovery already.
b) Thanks for bumping the thread to generate a new audience for my 'bear arms' gag two posts above.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotetyping with one hand

Well, he's wanking while making posts on CaB so we can safely say nagsworth is well on the road to recovery.

yeah i know, just read the last paragraph ...bah

mook

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 31, 2011, 09:40:31 AM
hi all :) thanks for all of your support!

typing with one hand. i'll keep this concise! i fell off my bike in the rain after braking too suddenly, and rolled out into oncoming traffic where a car going about 20mph ran directly over my upper arm. it was a clean break through my humerus bone (i know LOL) and had i fallen even a few inches further over, chances are that it would have been my shoulder, leading to neck injury and a whole load of other complications which do not bear thinking about. i'm also told that the car was about 4 inches from going over my leg too, and that had it been going at 30mph it may have crushed my humerus instead of this clean and undisplaced break. in short, i'm extremely lucky.

the pain was tremendous. the morphine was splendid. the break is being left for a week before they take another x-ray to see if it has naturally displaced at all, in which case they will need to perform surgery. moving my body too fast causes my forearm to swing like dead weight and i can feel the disconnection in my humerus squidging about inside my skin. it's kind of nauseating.

for those who asked, it is both my wanking and raving arm. i'm useless at the moment, i can barely operate a towel without experiencing pain. i need my food cutting for me and thank the heavens for my lovely girlfriend making me feel comfortable, being super-caring and (sorry janie jones) giving me sponge baths whenever necessary.

i find out in a few days if i need surgery but it feels like it's healing sufficiently on its own to be honest, so fingers crosses!

right, i'm off to try and make a cup of coffee and watch pokemon. thanks again everyone.

x

knackered arm or not, that is one prettiest posts you've ever made. hardly any use of the shift key at all. plus 1 karma for you.

x.

Queneau

Yeah, give him plus karma for breaking his fucking arm. What do I have to do to get some respect around here? Get killed probably. Then, I'll get some fucking +

The Plunger

As soon as it heals start using it to brush your fucking teeth.

alan nagsworth

here you go! the x-ray of my arm about two hours after a car ran over it. not exactly one of those "i ain't no doctor and i don't see anything wrong here" shots really, the break is very much apparent. i love it, it's like a souvenir to me.

an update: the bone has now started fusing back together. i can hold my arm up to my chest on its own without the sling there. i'm out of plaster and in a removable brace now. they cut it off today and my arm was all scaly and covered in spots. sexy. aaand now i've been told to start my home physiotherapy exercises, just minor joint movements really (lifting the joint to my mouth and flicking it in the ashtray arf arf) before the physio meetings begin in a month's time. i can return to work on light duties as soon as my return-to-work form turns up in the mail. FUCK YES MY LIFE HAS VAGUE PURPOSE AGAIN. i love you all.

BlodwynPig

there seems to be a poltergeist in that picture, top left

alan nagsworth

that's the ghost of arm-related fun, which is long dead to me now.

ziggy starbucks

You've left it up to me to post the x-ray they did of your mouth

A&E just assumed your mouth had been smashed up by the car but it turns out your teeth were like this before the accident.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

In the future everyone's CD releases will be statutarily obliged to feature an x-ray of the artist having broken his or her arm as a way of showing their commitment and dedication to the record company.

ziggy, Merry Christmas.

alan, Merry ARM-mas¬!!!

El Unicornio, mang

He gets free treatment from the NHS for his terrible incompetent behaviour, that's your taxes going to pay for him to muck about on bikes next to cars. I have no sympathy. Get well soon though.