Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:36:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'tis the season (to be bribed)

Started by BlodwynPig, December 04, 2011, 12:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

I don't quite get this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16023127

So if a postman or woman is given a "tip" over 30 quid, it could be construed as bribery?`What exactly is the aim of bribing a postie? Will they deliver your letter first before No. 31 AND No. 35? Will they avoid posting junk mail to you exclusively? Will they wait until you have returned home to personally hand over that hefty parcel?

I just don't get it.

I accept the terms of the

It's just warning posties not to accidentally invoke any conditions of the bribery act. The news fails to specify because that wouldn't be as exciting.

ziggy starbucks

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

C'mon, we all bribe posties to deliver secret plans, high value cheques and lovely Ebay booty to the "wrong" address don't we?  No?  Actually, I think it's really just a delightfully subtle (?) way of reminding us all that Boxing Day is approaching and the correct tip is around £30ish.

Consignia

Well, you can either bribe him, or he'll just get your money anyway:

the midnight watch baboon

I wouldn't tip a postman (even) if he was Alison Brie's pantyliner.

biggytitbo

I'd bribe a postman to show me his bum.

Buelligan

I'm sure he'd do it for free, for you.

Nobody Soup

how do you even go about tipping a postie? I think I go years at a time between meeting him.

biggytitbo

I blame the postman for coming at such absurd times.

thenoise

Anyone who knows their postman is either unemployed or old, and in no position to be handing over cash sums of that quantity.