Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:15:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TOTP 2024 : a.k.a What the hell is Number 1 these days?

Started by daf, January 05, 2024, 10:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daf

Featuring an eclectic chart mix of autotune and swearing . . . it's Top of the Pops 2024!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Top of the Pops : 2020
Top of the Pops : 2021
Top of the Pops : 2022
Top of the Pops : 2023
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

daf

5 January 2024 : Presenter: Johnnie Walker

( 1 )  ⬆  (10)  |  'STICK SEASON' - NOAH KAHAN
( 2 )  ⬆  (27)  |  'LOVIN ON ME' - JACK HARLOW
( 3 )  ⬆  (73)  |  'PRADA' - CASSO / RAYE / D-BLOCK EUROPE
( 4 )  ⬆  (37)  |  'GREEDY' - TATE MCRAE
( 5 )  ⬆  (96)  |  'CRUEL SUMMER' - TAYLOR SWIFT
( 6 )  ⬆  (52)  |  'HOUDINI' - DUA LIPA
( 7 )  ⬆  (99)  |  'WATER' - TYLA
( 8 )    (OLD)  |  'MURDER ON THE DANCEFLOOR' - SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR
( 9 )  ⬆  (55)  |  'DNA (LOVING YOU)' - BILLY GILLIES ft. HANNAH BOLEYN
(10)  ⬆  (55)  |  'RICH BABY DADDY' - DRAKE ft. SEXYY RED & SZA

- - - - - - - - - - - (New Entries) - - - - - - - - - - -
(40)  | 'PERFECT (EXCEEDER)' - MASON vs PRINCESS SUPERSTAR
(63)  | 'NEVER LOSE ME' - FLO MILLI
(71)  | 'MY EYES' - TRAVIS SCOTT
(78)  | 'YOU'VE NEVER HAD CHOCOLATE LIKE THIS' - TIMOTHEE CHALAMET
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Spoiler alert

madhair60

Quote(40)  | 'PERFECT (EXCEEDER)' - MASON vs PRINCESS SUPERSTAR

oh yeah this was used in fucking... was it Doctor Who? it was used in something i saw recently

edit: Saltburn!

Captain Z

Someone's going to have to explain those massive jumps and re-entries to me. Particularly Murder On The Dancefloor and Perfect (Exceeder). Has Limmy watching that dancing guy gone viral or something?

Captain Z

Quote from: madhair60 on January 05, 2024, 11:16:58 PMoh yeah this was used in fucking... was it Doctor Who? it was used in something i saw recently

edit: Saltburn!

Ah, I see. Is it @BlodwynPig with the anecdote about interviewing Princess Superstar and her being perfectly polite and lovely?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Captain Z on January 05, 2024, 11:19:59 PMAh, I see. Is it @BlodwynPig with the anecdote about interviewing Princess Superstar and her being perfectly polite and lovely?

It was part of a crowdfunder reward. She called me and had a lovely chat. Never got to meet her as i don't think she came to the uk for a gig and her star was dimming by then anyway.

dontpaintyourteeth

I had the Princess Superstar album with the hit on it. Don't remember anything about it. alright cheers

Steve Faeces

This is neither here nor there really but I caught the end of Princess Superstar supporting Bubba Sparxxx in 2002 at the now demolished Astoria. It was a pretty good bill, an nme awards show I think, with her and Dilated Peoples as supports.

Bubba Sparxxx did about fifteen minutes. Said he was off for a shit and left the stage. Came back on throwing toilet paper about, did his hit and left. Only on stage for max twenty minutes. People started chucking cans at the stage crew and some fighting occurred. Decent evening out.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Captain Z on January 05, 2024, 11:19:59 PMAh, I see. Is it @BlodwynPig with the anecdote about interviewing Princess Superstar and her being perfectly polite and lovely?

She's also just liked my comment on one of her YT videos

Pauline Walnuts

Imma going say it, Princess Superstar's My Machine is the best double concept album of the 21st Century.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Pauline Walnuts on January 08, 2024, 07:24:13 PMImma going say it, Princess Superstar's My Machine is the best double concept album of the 21st Century.

fuck sake am I going to have to listen to this now

daf

12 January 2024 : Presenter: Dave Lee Travis

( 1 )  ⬅  ( 1 )  |  'STICK SEASON' - NOAH KAHAN
( 2 )  ⬆  ( 8 )  |  'MURDER ON THE DANCEFLOOR' - SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR
( 3 )  ⬇  ( 2 )  |  'LOVIN ON ME' - JACK HARLOW
( 4 )  ⬇  ( 3 )  |  'PRADA' - CASSO / RAYE / D-BLOCK EUROPE
( 5 )  ⬇  ( 4 )  |  'GREEDY' - TATE MCRAE
( 6 )  ⬆  (13)  |  'LOSE CONTROL' - TEDDY SWIMS
( 7 )  ⬇  ( 5 )  |  'CRUEL SUMMER' - TAYLOR SWIFT
( 8 )  ⬇  ( 7 )  |  'WATER' - TYLA
( 9 )  ⬇  ( 6 )  |  'HOUDINI' - DUA LIPA
(10)  ⬇  ( 9 )  |  'DNA (LOVING YOU)' - BILLY GILLIES ft. HANNAH BOLEYN

(16)  | 'JUST ANOTHER RAINBOW' - LIAM GALLAGHER & JOHN SQUIRE
(21)  | 'KOOL-AID' - BRING ME THE HORIZON
(27)  | 'PRACTICE' - DRAKE
(37)  | 'STRANGERS' - LEWIS CAPALDI
(52)  | 'OPHELIA' - LUMINEERS
(59)  | 'A CURE FOR MINDS UNWELL' - LEWIS CAPALDI
(71)  | 'NOTHING MATTERS' - LAST DINNER PARTY
(72)  | 'SKIMS' - D-BLOCK EUROPE
(78)  | 'HEAD DOWN' - LOST FREQUENCIES / BASTILLE
(87)  | 'HEATHER ON THE HILL' - NATHAN EVANS

daf

19 January 2024 : Presenter: Tommy Vance

( 2 )   (NEW)  |  'YES AND' - ARIANA GRANDE
( 3 )  ⬇  ( 2 )  |  'MURDER ON THE DANCEFLOOR' - SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR
( 4 )  ⬇  ( 3 )  |  'LOVIN ON ME' - JACK HARLOW
( 5 )  ⬆  ( 6 )  |  'LOSE CONTROL' - TEDDY SWIMS
( 6 )  ⬇  ( 4 )  |  'PRADA' - CASSO / RAYE / D-BLOCK EUROPE
( 7 )  ⬇  ( 5 )  |  'GREEDY' - TATE MCRAE
( 8 )  ⬇  ( 7 )  |  'CRUEL SUMMER' - TAYLOR SWIFT
( 9 )  ⬅  ( 6 )  |  'HOUDINI' - DUA LIPA
(10)  ⬇  ( 7 )  |  'WATER' - TYLA

(11)  | 'REDRUM' - 21 SAVAGE
(19)  | 'EAGLE' - D-BLOCK EUROPE & NOIZY
(23)  | 'NEE-NAH' - 21 SAVAGE / TRAVIS SCOTT / METRO
(27)  | 'N.H.I.E.' - 21 SAVAGE / DOJA CAT
(46)  | 'ALIBI' - ELLA HENDERSON ft. RUDIMENTAL
(59)  | 'J CHRIST' - LIL NAS X
(61)  | 'NO MAN'S LAND' - MARSHMELLO & VENBEE
(63)  | 'PRAISE JAH IN THE MOONLIGHT' - YG MARLEY
(73)  | 'SCARED TO START' - MICHAEL MARCAGI

daf

26 January 2024 : Presenter: Emperor Rosko

( 2 )  ⬆  ( 3 )  |  'MURDER ON THE DANCEFLOOR' - SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR
( 3 )  ⬇  ( 2 )  |  'YES AND' - ARIANA GRANDE
( 4 )  ⬅  ( 3 )  |  'LOVIN ON ME' - JACK HARLOW
( 5 )   (NEW)  |  'HOMESICK' - NOAH KAHAN & SAM FENDER
( 6 )  ⬇  ( 5 )  |  'LOSE CONTROL' - TEDDY SWIMS
( 7 )  ⬇  ( 6 )  |  'PRADA' - CASSO / RAYE / D-BLOCK EUROPE
( 8 )  ⬇  ( 7 )  |  'GREEDY' - TATE MCRAE
( 9 )  ⬇  ( 8 )  |  'CRUEL SUMMER' - TAYLOR SWIFT
(10)  ⬇  ( 9 )  |  'HOUDINI' - DUA LIPA

(18)  | 'BEAUTIFUL THINGS' - BENSON BOONE
(34)  | 'NEVER BE ALONE' - BECKY HILL & SONNY FODERA
(36)  | 'SKIN AND BONES' - DAVID KUSHNER
(39)  | 'WHATEVER' - KYGO & AVA MAX
(96)  | 'NOT MY FAULT' - RENEE RAPP / MEGAN THEE STALLION
(97)  | 'THANK YOU (NOT SO BAD)' - DIMITRI VEGAS & LIKE MIKE

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 05, 2024, 11:24:46 PMIt was part of a crowdfunder reward. She called me and had a lovely chat. Never got to meet her as i don't think she came to the uk for a gig and her star was dimming by then anyway.

She supported Pulp at Brixton Academy and seemed to be quite friendly with Jarvis in general https://www.facebook.com/PrincessSuperstarOfficial/photos/me-and-jarvis-cocker-from-pulp-tbt-jarvis-was-really-instrumental-in-my-career-h/10155174725396889/ / https://www.nme.com/news/music/pulp-142-1374953

I was at the Brixton gig but can't say I was a fan, right at the end she flashed her breasts at the hundred or so people watching and it was the first time I'd ever been bored by real life nudity.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 26, 2024, 09:54:51 PMShe supported Pulp at Brixton Academy and seemed to be quite friendly with Jarvis in general https://www.facebook.com/PrincessSuperstarOfficial/photos/me-and-jarvis-cocker-from-pulp-tbt-jarvis-was-really-instrumental-in-my-career-h/10155174725396889/ / https://www.nme.com/news/music/pulp-142-1374953

I was at the Brixton gig but can't say I was a fan, right at the end she flashed her breasts at the hundred or so people watching and it was the first time I'd ever been bored by real life nudity.

Feel she is a bit vulnerable, but she sent me a linkedin message the other day after i posted a pic of a train station board showing a train to Saltburn, so i'll fight her corner

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 26, 2024, 10:40:47 PMFeel she is a bit vulnerable, but she sent me a linkedin message the other day after i posted a pic of a train station board showing a train to Saltburn, so i'll fight her corner

I feel a bit mean about posting the above, but it was just a very odd event, by the time she'd finished her set there weren't many people in the venue so for her to suddenly flash the small crowd felt a bit surreal. Either way while her music wasn't something I found appealing I wouldn't say it was bad, whereas to this day I'll never understand why Jarvis thought Pulp fans would want to see the other support band, Fat Truckers.

daf

With a surprisingly low entry at #96, it's daf's occasional pick of the week :

daf

I'd love that. Sadly, his lack of swearing or autotune means he's unlikely to feature any time soon!

It's an absolute certainty, however, that a Formby track WILL turn up in Mike Read's The Heritage Chart (ft. Mike Read) at some point - given he played one by Errol Flynn the other week (Not joking - that actually happened!)

Johnboy

daf

daf

2 February 2024 : Presenter: Stuart Henry

( 2 )  ⬅  ( 2 )  |  'MURDER ON THE DANCEFLOOR' - SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR
( 3 )  ⬆  ( 6 )  |  'LOSE CONTROL' - TEDDY SWIMS
( 4 )  ⬅  ( 4 )  |  'LOVIN ON ME' - JACK HARLOW
( 5 )  ⬇  ( 3 )  |  'YES AND' - ARIANA GRANDE
( 6 )  ⬆  ( 7 )  |  'PRADA' - CASSO / RAYE / D-BLOCK EUROPE
( 7 )  ⬆  ( 8 )  |  'GREEDY' - TATE MCRAE
( 8 )  ⬇  ( 5 )  |  'HOMESICK' - NOAH KAHAN & SAM FENDER
( 9 )  ⬅  ( 9 )  |  'CRUEL SUMMER' - TAYLOR SWIFT
(10)  ⬆  (14)  |  'POPULAR' - THE WEEKND / PLAYBOI CARTI / MADONNA

(31)  |  'HISS' - MEGAN THEE STALLION
(32)  |  'GAS ME UP (DILIGENT)' - SKEPTA
(37)  |  'SELFISH' - JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
(49)  |  'GREY' - YUNG FILLY
(56)  |  'BIG FOOT' - NICKI MINAJ
(75)  |  'THINK U THE SH*T (FART)' - ICE SPICE
(77)  |  'LOSER BABY' - KEITH DAVID / BLAKE ROMAN
(81)  |  'HOME' - GOOD NEIGHBOURS
(96)  |  'POISON' - BLAKE ROMAN / SAM HAFT / ANDREW UNDERBERG
(96)  |  'HELL'S GREATEST DAD' - JEREMY JORDAN / AMIR TALAI

dontpaintyourteeth

Ice Spice has really let me down with this new one, it's really bad

daf

In New Entries News, it seems there's some sort of Blur vs Oasis-style bunfight going on between Megan Theeeeee Stallion and Nicky Minaj.

Spoiler alert
In terms of social media oxygen consumed, not even Taylor Swift's making it into the Super Bowl could compete with the weekend's real main event: the very public drawing of battle lines between two titans of contemporary hip-hop.

Within 72 hours, Nicki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion debuted dis tracks aimed at each other with varying degrees of directness. Here's what you need to know about "Hiss," "Big Foot" and what led up to hip-hop's beef du jour.

What's going on?
At midnight on Friday, Megan Thee Stallion released "Hiss," a three-minute dis track that comes in hot and gets hotter. The song, the second single from her coming third studio album, showcases the rapper in a defiant mode, unleashing bar after bar about her general peerlessness and how the news media uses her name "for likes and views." "Every time I get mentioned," she says in a fiery, no-holds-barred introduction, her detractors "get 24 hours of attention."

But it was a line just under a minute into the song that touched off four days' (and counting) worth of hostilities. Her adversaries "don't be mad at Megan," she raps, instead they're "mad at Megan's Law" — invoking a 1996 law requiring the registration and public identification of convicted sex offenders.

Many interpreted the reference as a dig at Nicki Minaj's husband, Kenneth Petty, who was arrested in 2020 for failing to register as a sex offender in California. (Mr. Petty pleaded guilty to attempted rape as a teenager in Queens.)

While Ms. Minaj was not mentioned by name, she seemed to take the lines personally. On Monday, she released her own song in response, "Big Foot," in which she makes repeated direct references to Megan Thee Stallion, including, notably, her 2020 assault by the rapper Tory Lanez, who shot her in the foot and is now serving a 10-year prison sentence. Ahead of its release, Ms. Minaj teased the single on X using an image of a visibly upset Megan Thee Stallion.

All right, who started it?
While Megan Thee Stallion's track may appear to have incited the blowup, tensions have been simmering between the rappers for years. In 2020, Megan Thee Stallion was featured on Cardi B's "WAP," an immediate No. 1 hit on Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart. Given Ms. Minaj's longstanding, well-documented issues with Cardi B — at a New York Fashion Week party in 2018, things got physical — that may have spelled the end of the era of good feelings between Ms. Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion.

Wait, didn't they have a song together?
Ah, were we ever so young? Megan Thee Stallion and Ms. Minaj indeed collaborated on Megan Thee Stallion's semantically fertile 2019 song "Hot Girl Summer," which also featured the rapper Ty Dolla Sign. The music video earned an MTV Video Music Award and a BET Award.

Whose side is the internet on?
It's safe to say that the most ardently committed Barbz, as Ms. Minaj's fans are known, remain squarely in her camp. But even some longtime supporters of Ms. Minaj may have been put off by an extended riff in "Big Foot" about a "dead momma," given the death of Megan Thee Stallion's mother in 2019.
[close]
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/30/style/nicki-minaj-megan-thee-stallion-big-foot-hiss.html

daf

9 February 2024 : Presenter: Kenny Everett

( 2 )  ⬅  ( 2 )  |  'MURDER ON THE DANCEFLOOR' - SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR
( 3 )  ⬆  ( 6 )  |  'LOSE CONTROL' - TEDDY SWIMS
( 4 )  ⬅  ( 4 )  |  'LOVIN ON ME' - JACK HARLOW
( 5 )  ⬆  (11)  |  'BEAUTIFUL THINGS' - BENSON BOONE
( 6 )  ⬇  ( 7 )  |  'PRADA' - CASSO / RAYE / D-BLOCK EUROPE
( 7 )  ⬇  ( 5 )  |  'YES AND' - ARIANA GRANDE
( 8 )  ⬇  ( 7 )  |  'GREEDY' - TATE MCRAE
( 9 )  ⬆  (20)  |  'PRAISE JAH IN THE MOONLIGHT' - YG MARLEY
(10)  ⬇  ( 9 )  |  'CRUEL SUMMER' - TAYLOR SWIFT