Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

VHS archivist blogger mentions Brasseye.

Started by Brundle-Fly, March 15, 2020, 12:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Not affiliated, but otherwise his blog is engaging and very rewarding if you like this sort of thing?

https://vhistory.wordpress.com/2020/03/14/brass-eye-tape-2587/

Yussef Dent

Interesting to see how the Robert Elms wrong introduction to Darcus Howe is seen as unfair, I thought the same. However, I seem to remember at the Oxide Ghosts screening I went to in the Q and A Michael Cumming said that in the interview with Morris and Howe, despite Morris' probing to get anything of comedic value out of it, the conversation turned into two very intelligent men actually engaging in intriguing and thoughtful debate. The only thing Chris Morris could get out of it for Brass Eye was doing the false intro to Robert Elms whilst Darcus Howe was still present. Anyone could have been on the end of it, unfortunately it was Howe at that time.

the

From a later E4 repeat (probably 2001/2?), so not a taping of the initial broadcast.

Speaking of which, is Graham Bright's contribution floating around on the internet? Doesn't seem to turn up via Google. I don't think I've seen it since the original broadcast.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: the on March 15, 2020, 01:36:35 AM
From a later E4 repeat (probably 2001/2?), so not a taping of the initial broadcast.

Ah, I guess not. Soz

the

Well to be fair you never suggested that it was :)

Brundle-Fly

greenman

Quote from: Yussef Dent on March 15, 2020, 01:07:20 AM
Interesting to see how the Robert Elms wrong introduction to Darcus Howe is seen as unfair, I thought the same. However, I seem to remember at the Oxide Ghosts screening I went to in the Q and A Michael Cumming said that in the interview with Morris and Howe, despite Morris' probing to get anything of comedic value out of it, the conversation turned into two very intelligent men actually engaging in intriguing and thoughtful debate. The only thing Chris Morris could get out of it for Brass Eye was doing the false intro to Robert Elms whilst Darcus Howe was still present. Anyone could have been on the end of it, unfortunately it was Howe at that time.

Wouldn't mind seeing that footage if it exists but I always felt Howe came out of it really well giving no reaction at all to the insults.

Retinend

That was a nice trip down memory lane! The format of picture and text is excellent.